99% of Those Who Died From Virus Had Other Illness, Italy Says

That little girl had meningitis. Her brain was swelling and she had seizures.

now they said she tested positive for coronavirus but there's no way in hell coronavirus causes that

At first she allegedly only had strep throat

Notice they said they put her on a ventilator just for precaution what??? I've never heard of anyone doing that I thought you got put on a ventilator because you needed it correct me if I'm wrong

I thought of you were having trouble breathing you got oxygen and then if you aren't strong enough to breathe on your own or for some reason then you got on the ventilator

But now they're saying just as a precaution they put you on a ventilator? Originally Posted by Sienna91
Her death is tragic. It is also tragic that the people who love government control and want to prove that the occasional child dies as a result of COVID-19 want to incorrectly classify the situation to increase their control and authority.
Apparently 100% of them stopped breathing. Originally Posted by HoeHummer
Yet a surprising number of them already mailed in their vote for Biden in the general election, it turns out! (Even though they aren't even American citizens)
from SF Gate:

https://www.sfgate.com/science/artic...9-15213495.php

A recent analysis of national hospital network data on 1,482 COVID-19 patients, found that among those patients who had data on underlying conditions, 48 percent were obese.

The COVID-NET report, published on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website, looked at patients in 99 counties nationwide, including Alameda, Contra Costa and San Francisco counties in California. The information was collected between March 1 and March 31.

Data was provided for 178 patients, about 12 percent. Of that group, 90 percent had an underlying medical condition, including:

—Hypertension: 49.7%

—Diabetes: 28.3%

—Chronic lung disease: 34.6%

—Cardiovascular disease: 27.8%

—Obesity: 48.3%

For patients aged 18 to 49, obesity was the most prevalent underlying condition, according to the study. Nearly 60 percent of those hospitalized were obese.
  • oeb11
  • 04-22-2020, 10:36 AM
That little girl had meningitis. Her brain was swelling and she had seizures.

now they said she tested positive for coronavirus but there's no way in hell coronavirus causes that

At first she allegedly only had strep throat

Notice they said they put her on a ventilator just for precaution what??? I've never heard of anyone doing that I thought you got put on a ventilator because you needed it correct me if I'm wrong

I thought of you were having trouble breathing you got oxygen and then if you aren't strong enough to breathe on your own or for some reason then you got on the ventilator

But now they're saying just as a precaution they put you on a ventilator? Originally Posted by Sienna91

S91 - meningitis has many causes - viral and bacterial - including meningococcus - which afects young people and can be a rapidly advancing, devastating disease. I cannot find any reputable reports of the girl's condition - it is possible she had a form of meningitis - and Wuhan virus superinfected her.

It is possible that Wuhan virus caused meningitis in the patient - we do not have enough experience - and viruses can act differently in different patients. A "spinal tap" would give fluid for testing to sort that out. Hippa laws prohibit release of patient information - i do not know.

Ventilators - patients are not usual put on ventilators as a "precaution" - but because they have respiratory insufficiency to support oxygenation for some reason. And require mechanical ventilation to survive.

Precaution - if a patient's condition is deteriorating - and the need for a breathing tube and mechanical ventilation is inevitable - that management step might be taken in a planned , stable managed mode, rather than as an emergency in ICU with the potential for problems and complications. is that "precaution" - a better term would be planned management of the patient.

For FF above - thanks for the post - it is becoming evident that Obesity and it's complications - ( diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, etc) and smoking causing chronic lung disease are predisposing factors for poor outcome with Wuhan virus infection- particularly in older patients.

Agreed !
  • oeb11
  • 04-22-2020, 10:41 AM
now we can have j66 and YR post that it is all Trump that caused the American military to develop the Wuhan virus - planted it in China, and did so to embarrass Good Comrade Xi!!
meanwile the Fascist DPST's are doing their best to cause maximum economic damage and praying for maximum deaths in order to help their Great Crusade Against Trump!
Yup, this was the wrong call. With the numbers coming out of Cali, the morbidity rate will end up .1-.2%, hardly deadly enough to destroy millions of family’s livelihoods. Like a shooting war, there’s a figure that must be considered acceptable losses. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
I'm pretty sure even in 3rd grade I could have understood the relationship between mitigation efforts and mortality rates so why is this such a hard concept to understand for you? BTW, morbidity and mortality are different things.
.... I cannot find any reputable reports of the girl's condition - it is possible she had a form of meningitis - and Wuhan virus superinfected her.

... Originally Posted by oeb11
I did a search on the girl's name. In the pictures I saw, she look undersized. I'm suspicious.
  • Tiny
  • 04-22-2020, 11:51 AM
from SF Gate:

https://www.sfgate.com/science/artic...9-15213495.php

A recent analysis of national hospital network data on 1,482 COVID-19 patients, found that among those patients who had data on underlying conditions, 48 percent were obese.

The COVID-NET report, published on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website, looked at patients in 99 counties nationwide, including Alameda, Contra Costa and San Francisco counties in California. The information was collected between March 1 and March 31.

Data was provided for 178 patients, about 12 percent. Of that group, 90 percent had an underlying medical condition, including:

—Hypertension: 49.7%

—Diabetes: 28.3%

—Chronic lung disease: 34.6%

—Cardiovascular disease: 27.8%

—Obesity: 48.3%

For patients aged 18 to 49, obesity was the most prevalent underlying condition, according to the study. Nearly 60 percent of those hospitalized were obese. Originally Posted by friendly fred
33% of the population of the USA over 20 suffers from hypertension. 40% are obese. A large percentage of the population, maybe over 50%, has one or more underlying conditions. That's not an excuse for the inattention of the population to health and fitness, just an unfortunate fact.

But some of us can't do much about it. My exercise regimen and diet are on the same level as yours and I've got high blood pressure.
This is what I want to know

why the hell are they not advocating for people to heavily exercise and diet right now if obesity is a leading factor to the coronavirus?

that way that will reduce your factors for getting it because keep in mind lots of those illnesses are a result of obesity so many of the risk factors would dissipate

I'm convinced they just want us to be fat as f*** they glorify it and they don't realize how dangerous it is when it comes to things like this this isn't a vanity issue

Actually they do realize how bad it is there's too much money and being obese I forget or unhealthy in general
This is what I want to know

why the hell are they not advocating for people to heavily exercise and diet right now if obesity is a leading factor to the coronavirus?

that way that will reduce your factors for getting it because keep in mind lots of those illnesses are a result of obesity so many of the risk factors would dissipate

I'm convinced they just want us to be fat as f*** they glorify it and they don't realize how dangerous it is when it comes to things like this this isn't a vanity issue

Actually they do realize how bad it is there's too much money and being obese I forget or unhealthy in general Originally Posted by Sienna91
Amen!
33% of the population of the USA over 20 suffers from hypertension. 40% are obese. A large percentage of the population, maybe over 50%, has one or more underlying conditions. That's not an excuse for the inattention of the population to health and fitness, just an unfortunate fact.

But some of us can't do much about it. My exercise regimen and diet are on the same level as yours and I've got high blood pressure. Originally Posted by Tiny
I agree some people probably need to take a few medicines to control high blood pressure but are you salt sensitive?

Are you sure you are totally diet compliant? I'm literally sitting here eating blueberries and vegetables with green tea, unsweetened. I had 6 ounces of low salt turkey (the expensive stuff like Nancy Pelosi likely eats) I weighed out exactly 2 ounces of cashews, unsalted, $12.95 for 16 ounces. (I had to look up the price!)(340 calories)

I don't drink any alcohol or sugar sweetened drink - even when no one is watching. Ever. Never so much as a single cookie or non whole wheat carb. I have to get 2600-2700 calories per day to maintain muscle and not gain fat so I have to eat more than a few whole grains and nuts and beans to get enough calories - and I enter everything I eat in a logging program on my computer.

I only occasionally have any red meat with saturated fat but I get blood work every 6 months to check for cholesterol without an issue.

I just did 4 miles out in the rain.

People have made bets against me that I couldn't eat just a bite of this or that for years - food so good you would give up sex for it - and I win them every time. I enjoy the taste of good food and would likely enjoy a birthday cake once in awhile but I eat for fuel only. Premium fuel!

I even turned down the dessert tray at the fancy suite the one time I went to the Mavs game when someone comped me the ticket and you should have heard the motherfuckers raving about the Tiramisu but it just isn't worth it to me. (I hope Mark Cuban loses hundreds of millions of dollars during this shutdown)

If you keep up with that and still have high blood pressure then you are just unlucky with the high BP but likely very healthy anyway.
  • Tiny
  • 04-22-2020, 04:02 PM
I agree some people probably need to take a few medicines to control high blood pressure but are you salt sensitive?

Are you sure you are totally diet compliant? I'm literally sitting here eating blueberries and vegetables with green tea, unsweetened. I had 6 ounces of low salt turkey (the expensive stuff like Nancy Pelosi likely eats) I weighed out exactly 2 ounces of cashews, unsalted, $12.95 for 16 ounces. (I had to look up the price!)(340 calories)

I don't drink any alcohol or sugar sweetened drink - even when no one is watching. Ever. Never so much as a single cookie or non whole wheat carb. I have to get 2600-2700 calories per day to maintain muscle and not gain fat so I have to eat more than a few whole grains and nuts and beans to get enough calories - and I enter everything I eat in a logging program on my computer.

I only occasionally have any red meat with saturated fat but I get blood work every 6 months to check for cholesterol without an issue.

I just did 4 miles out in the rain.

People have made bets against me that I couldn't eat just a bite of this or that for years - food so good you would give up sex for it - and I win them every time. I enjoy the taste of good food and would likely enjoy a birthday cake once in awhile but I eat for fuel only. Premium fuel!

I even turned down the dessert tray at the fancy suite the one time I went to the Mavs game when someone comped me the ticket and you should have heard the motherfuckers raving about the Tiramisu but it just isn't worth it to me. (I hope Mark Cuban loses hundreds of millions of dollars during this shutdown)

If you keep up with that and still have high blood pressure then you are just unlucky with the high BP but likely very healthy anyway. Originally Posted by friendly fred
I'm somewhere between you and Sienna in diet, meaning less protein than you, but not vegan as I eat fish about once a day. I occasionally stray, usually when eating out with friends.

Here's my diet today, which was pretty typical - one banana, All Bran, berries, combination of low calorie soy and almond milk, veggie burger, salad with about one serving each of spinach, cauliflower, broccoli and tomatoes, two glasses of tea with some sugar (equivalent of half glass of sweetened tea), salmon with no salt and sugary sauce, white rice, green beans, squash, second servings of broccoli and cauliflower, carrots. Used vinegar, oil and cheese on the salad and will use potassium chloride and canola/olive oil/palm oil butter substitute on veggies tonight. When I cut out sugar, bread, rice and the like I tend to get the runs from too much fiber. I could go with more protein but believe there's a downside to that.

Exercise averages about an hour 5 days a week and consists of 40% aerobic, 40% weights, 20% abs. And to be honest my blood pressure isn't that bad. Systolic without medication would be in normal or high normal range most of the time. Getting the diastolic consistently below 90 without medication would be tough. My body mass index is normal
I'm somewhere between you and Sienna in diet, meaning less protein than you, but not vegan as I eat fish about once a day. I occasionally stray, usually when eating out with friends.

Here's my diet today, which was pretty typical - one banana, All Bran, berries, combination of low calorie soy and almond milk, veggie burger, salad with about one serving each of spinach, cauliflower, broccoli and tomatoes, two glasses of tea with some sugar (equivalent of half glass of sweetened tea), salmon with no salt and sugary sauce, white rice, green beans, squash, second servings of broccoli and cauliflower, carrots. Used vinegar, oil and cheese on the salad and will use potassium chloride and canola/olive oil/palm oil butter substitute on veggies tonight. When I cut out sugar, bread, rice and the like I tend to get the runs from too much fiber. I could go with more protein but believe there's a downside to that.

Exercise averages about an hour 5 days a week and consists of 40% aerobic, 40% weights, 20% abs. And to be honest my blood pressure isn't that bad. Systolic without medication would be in normal or high normal range most of the time. Getting the diastolic consistently below 90 without medication would be tough. My body mass index is normal Originally Posted by Tiny
That sounds pretty good - obviously fish is an excellent protein.

I actually go for 200 grams of protein per day to maintain muscle - I haven't had any ill effects yet.

Have you considered switching to brown rice rather than white rice?

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...-vs-white-rice
  • Tiny
  • 04-23-2020, 12:31 PM
Have you considered switching to brown rice rather than white rice? Originally Posted by friendly fred
Thanks for that. I got 6 packets of frozen brown rice yesterday