Hockey

I am a season ticket holder in Cedar Park with the Texas Stars. So I guess you could say I am a hockey fan. I even took VL to a game last year. Originally Posted by NipLover

First game I had been to in a very long time...
Hockey, you know I found a new love for that game with HDTV ... now I can actually see the puck ... Remember the Fox Blue DOT, YIKES !!!!!!
But I don't have cable or Sat, so very few games on OTA...

Don't have a team, but the further South the team, the more I like them to win :-)
Lol good
Huge NHL fan and season ticket holder for the Phoenix Coyotes.
I am a season ticket holder to the Dallas Stars, but I still love hockey despite the fact they can't handle a puck.
Shank, they can't pass either lol but I still watch them.
Pittsburgh Penguins Fan here. Glad we have the AHL here just wish the Dallas organization gets rid of those horrible Basketball style jerseys they wear at both the NHL and AHL levels,the worst looking uniforms I'd be embarrased to put that shit on.
Pittsburgh Penguins Fan here. Originally Posted by randal69
Good luck, Pens fan. My read of the upcoming playoffs is that my team, the Chicago Blackhawks, will meet your team in the conference finals. And your team is the only team in the conference that could actualy win a seven game series against the Hawks IMHO. Looking forward to it.
Good luck, Pens fan. My read of the upcoming playoffs is that my team, the Chicago Blackhawks, will meet your team in the conference finals. And your team is the only team in the conference that could actualy win a seven game series against the Hawks IMHO. Looking forward to it. Originally Posted by Poet Laureate
We would actually meet in the Stanley Cup finals if both get thru respective conferences. We are in the East;Hawks in West.
Chicago & Boston this oughta be a good one. I grew up an Edmonton Oiler fan so i don't care for either team, but I would rather see Chicago win. I have them in 6
Mma is always my first sport as I participate and love the adrenaline, but hockey is my second, my brohers both play and one brothers looking at Minasota to go to for it which is kind of exciting. But I have to say pittsburge is my fav, not to mention I love the contact and aggressiveness of the sport. Do they have a roller derby here in austin ????
Hate to tell you that Pitt is already out...

Yup there is Roller Derby in Austin, used to be 2 teams, one on a flat track and another on an inclined one, but I have not kept track for about a year... google is your friend (or other hobbists, lol)
Do they have a roller derby here in austin ???? Originally Posted by shayla84
txrd.com
I love to play! There are great "pick up leagues" in Phoenix... not really pick up, they guy buys the sheet of ice, and has a web site where you pick and chose games you wanna play in and you pay him $25 per 90 min game that has 2 full lines and 2 goalies... it's a real hoot!!
I love to play! There are great "pick up leagues" in Phoenix... not really pick up, they guy buys the sheet of ice, and has a web site where you pick and chose games you wanna play in and you pay him $25 per 90 min game that has 2 full lines and 2 goalies... it's a real hoot!! Originally Posted by BillyC

we have pickup leagues here as well, look for chaparral ice online. there are hundreds of Austinites in the leagues ranging from ex-pro to beginners.