Tipping

Clients who tip definitely move to the top of my list and become a priority!
Clients who tip definitely move to the top of my list and become a priority! Originally Posted by VeronicaTurbay
I'd settle for a simple thank you text. Over the past year, I've tipped 20, 50, and even 100 to three different providers whom I felt went (to varying degrees, of course) well beyond expectations; they definitely deserved it. But not once did any of them tell me thank you. I wasn't irked to the point of never seeing them again, but it does make me question where courtesy and appreciation went.

Moving to the top of a list and becoming a priority.. well, we have no insight into whether a provider does that or how that enhances our experience with her, so the gesture, while well-intentioned, is not particularly meaningful. Do you communicate that change in status to him? What exactly does "becoming a priority" mean? Does it mean that you check for messages from him before any other clients? Does it mean that, if you have a new client already scheduled for a timeslot and the priority client wants the same time, you're bumping the new guy? Genuinely curious how that is manifested.
@Secondhandnews: I think your way over thinking how providers work.

It's much more random, when the Instagram chat ends + navel lint + what position the moon is.