M&Gs and meeting the other local hobbyists

All sounds a bit queer
Carlos the PC term is gay.
I'll bring snacks ok

One girl tried to set something up, but it was more of an orgy invite than a M&G. Originally Posted by Cpalmson
An orgy sounds like a great M&G..IMO!!
Not many on here are willing to let it all hang out...what a shame!!!
To get serious again the thread was started with getting a M&G together. The parties that are held in a private venue will take a lot of work and money. The cocktail type parties would be easier but still a devil to get started. I have been to both types and each one has been fun. The idea is to start with a small group(10-20) and grow from there. The ladies have a better grasp of how to select and invite the guys. I have always made it a point to buy for the ladies as I like to see many at the party.
I would definitely like to go to a GT, always nice to meet the members.
To get serious again the thread was started with getting a M&G together. The parties that are held in a private venue will take a lot of work and money. The cocktail type parties would be easier but still a devil to get started. I have been to both types and each one has been fun. The idea is to start with a small group(10-20) and grow from there. The ladies have a better grasp of how to select and invite the guys. I have always made it a point to buy for the ladies as I like to see many at the party. Originally Posted by tucson
heh
I would love to mix with the Lads and Ladies in a social setting, but overall it doesn't seem like a really good idea in the long run..

At one time, a few years ago, there was such a gathering almost once a month in Houston, alternating between evening and lunch events. They always sounded like fun, but I never could schedule the time away and UTR.

Wasen't it a busted Christmas gathering that lead to the demise of ASPD in 2010? I did not attend and stayed out of the on-line scene for amonths afterward. When I did came back, ASPD was gone.

I suppose that one way to kick-off something like this would be to simply declare a lunch or evening event at some restaurant/bar like Twin Peaks (or anywhere else) and see who shows up. I am sure that it is not that simple . . .but WTF?
BJs Brew Pub is a nice place that has areas where you can sit away from every other group. The wait staff are open to group seating and willing to add more tables if needed. At some of them every one just moves from table to table so there is a chance to meet every one.
The Houston event had nothing to do with the demise of ASPD. People got too relaxed and careless and made mistakes in Houston. Business should not be discussed, at that time, and the meet and greet should only be used to see if you might be compatible for future plans.

Forum Guideline #30 deals with this
#30 - ECCIE does not, in any way, sponsor or represent social events, meet and greets, or similar activities. On occasion, events may be announced here by our members, however, ECCIE is not associated with or responsible for such events. We are not involved with any related aspects, such as guest selection, screening, or hosting. Should members of our volunteer staff choose to participate in such an event, it should be understood that their personal involvement is of their own choice and responsibility, and in no way connected to their duties here on staff. If you are the host of one of these events, we will allow for ONE "announcement" post to inform the membership, which will be immediately locked to prevent further public discussions regarding the event
errrr how many even read the poll? just askin
All sounds a bit queer Originally Posted by Carlos Danger
here Carlos,

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=858753

i was thincking the same thing then this giuy upscaled me
If I make a tiny suggestion, why couldn't it be planned under the guise of "speed-dating" type event? You know a short 1-2 minute interview per couple, switch, so really every fellow has the chance to briefly meet every lady, and ladies, obviously, bring a business card, which a cheap investment anyways, easily disposed of... And there wouldn't be that much covert acting required.... 2 cents!