MAVS SUCK!!!!

MFFL!!!!! Espn is saying mavs will make a push for Lebron James and we all know what Cuban wants Cuban gets.
They need Bosh. and Carlile is an idiot, Del Harris should have been the next coach after Avery, I think thats why he left. James would be great here, Garnett should have been a Mav also. It will be a long summer.
They need Bosh. and Carlile is an idiot, Del Harris should have been the next coach after Avery, I think thats why he left. James would be great here, Garnett should have been a Mav also. It will be a long summer. Originally Posted by Mopar71
Bosh sucks on defense. He been a jumpshot PF like Dirk, I wouldn't touch him with the money he'll want. His knees are a ticking time bomb also.

I'll give Avery this, he made Dirk a good help defender while he was here. In todays NBA you have to be strong on the perimeter. Look at Orlando.. Dwight Howard can guard the rim like a mad man, but he gets in trouble when he's getting attacked from the outside. If the Mavs had one shooting guard with size who could guard his man, the Spurs wouldn't have had a chance. Terry isn't that guy.
jump shooting teams don't have much room to raise their game at the right time. playoffs get too physical to get nice easy regular season open looks. have to have somebody that can just take it to the hole when you have to score. Jason Kidd can't do that. and whose Dallas big three now? Dirk and who? your big three has to be better than the other teams big three. Mavs are two players behind.
You can have your attacking two next year if Beaubois continues to evolve. I see him getting some time backing up Kidd at the PG spot, but he's big enough to play some 2 guard, too. Everybody wants a center who can defend and score, but there is one of those in the entire league -- Dwight Howard. I don't see Bosch as an answer here. First, he plays the same position as Dirk and second, his game is a lot like Dirk's. LBJ isn't coming unless I'm greatly surprise. D-Wade is a little bit better shot, but still a long shot.

I'd look for the Mavs to target Joe Johnson from Atlanta. We'll probably have to give up Butler and Damp to get him, but that's life. Chris Kaman also apparently continues to interest the Mavs and might be had at some price, although the odds of that went down when Camby was dealt. Trading Terry will be difficult because of his contract.
TTH sounds like you've been listening to Galloway on ESPN radio. think he said pretty much same thing you did. Bosh, same as Dirk, JJ would be of interest to the Mavs, etc. yup.
Lets face it, the Mavs are a one man team that shoots jumpshots and hope they fall in. They got beat this year, as well as every year, by a team that played as a team. Dirk brings it night in and night out, but the others, who also get paid ALOT of money, do not play with any heart or intensity. I will not be surprised if Dirk leaves via free agency ads he desperately wants to win a championship. Jason Terry will hit a shot every now and again, but he is way too inconsistent, Marion is a decent defender, but he shoots like a girl and is passive on the offensive end. Dampier played good this year when he was not hurt, but this is a contract year for him, where the hell was this during his other years he was here? Butler is a good fit here, although, if we could get D Wade in FA, (He owes us that after taking that championship away in 2006), I would not mind saying bye bye to him. Haywood is a good 5, but he cannot shoot free throws and he does not have the "thickness" to plug up the middle. Now Kidd wants to win but he just in too long in the tooth to give what it takes, should not have traded him away for Finley back when and Dirk might have a couple of championships. Roddy B is a great spark, but he has not defense in his game and running the point will take more time. Cuban does not want to fire Carlisle, or he will be paying for 3 coaches!

Trade for a guy who can be a leader, as Dirk is not the true leader of this team and hopefully, he will also be a scorer who can drive to the basket as well as a good defender, and I think the Mavs will take that next step.
TTH sounds like you've been listening to Galloway on ESPN radio. think he said pretty much same thing you did. Bosh, same as Dirk, JJ would be of interest to the Mavs, etc. yup. Originally Posted by flexywun
Nope. Live outside the DFW area and don't get radio from there. Just what I observe.
You think
Their is always next year
trade everybody for the OKC Thunder, the team of the future, Owner Bennett is Gaylords son in law and nobody needs the money, just wish Gaylord, rip, owned the Rangers back when
Dirk will join Nash in Phoenix