Anybody play a musical instrument?

Regarding Epiphone v. Gibson....no doubt the Gibson's are better guitars. But, the Epiphones are great guitars for the money. I owned a double-cut Les Paul and a traditional, in black.....and they are fabulous instruments. I sold them because they were better than I am,..... and now have a quilted butternut Epiphone Les Paul that is a very nice guitar. Originally Posted by timpage
a friend of mine uses a Epiphone Les Paul, the thing plays really nice...low action on it, sounds great. plus you can't beat the price of 'em compared to a Gibson
I really shouldn't out myself

...but, I am Esteban.
hahaha ...the QVC king
My Eccie handle says it all. I fell in love with the drums when I was a little kid. I’d watch the drummers at Italian weddings play the oom pa pa stuff and was transfixed. Later, as an adolescent, I idolized the older guys in town that played drums.

I was lucky to have loving, supportive parents that served as the vehicle for my aspirations. If it wasn’t for the old man buying me my first no-name snare drum then, later on, drum kit; I’d have never been able to realize this passion. Sadly, many talented kids in the world weren’t/aren’t as fortunate as I was.

TD
-12 years of the violin
-5 years of the trombone

Passed my grade 5 music theory and practical (trombone) ABRSM exams!

Haven't played either instrument in many years though (I stopped after high school).

I've considered starting to pick up something again like the guitar, piano, or cello again.

I play a horn or two ...

I play a horn or two ... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

I gotcha your horn....

Right here!
Piano and organ.

Stop sniggering in the back row.

Biggest organ I have played.....

5 manual in large church in Houston.

Second biggest?

An old gf's clit.
We could start a band....The Whore-mongers
We could start a band....The Whore-mongers Originally Posted by The2Dogs

It's been done before.....

Remember BNI's band?

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........wh at! No, I was just waiting for Whatzup to make a comment about Candy's fascination with the skin flute. Carry on.

For the record and it has been over 20 years; piano, trumpet, saxophone, clarinet and contra-bass. Always wanted to learn the violin or guitar. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
You've been doing more than thinking. You're an expert player. Originally Posted by ExNYer
You two semen enema recipients are certainly the experts.

Onto the instruments, I have a Washburn Southwest series accoustic electric dred and a Gibson Les Paul. I ran the Washburn through a bass amp with the treble jacked up when I used to play rhythm and have a Fender Blues Deville that I use with both. I play one of them at least three times a week for an hour or so. I primarily just hack around for my own enjoyment since I have no more desire to be in a group.
  • Seedy
  • 03-24-2013, 08:29 PM
Played the drums for a long time, Ludwig Octoplus kit, Paiste cymbals, also had timbals, and congas. Messed around with my mom's Hammond B3 also.
  • WTF
  • 03-24-2013, 08:43 PM
I can sing and dance at the same time when I'm intoizicated Originally Posted by Zabrina Sarafina
Well, we can all do that.... Originally Posted by timpage
Yea but we all don't have tits and ass like Ms Zabrina Sarafina!

Sure wish she'd come to Houston and sing me to...... a hard on.
Dominguez javier accoustic. Nice phillipino classical. No longer in production. Small luthier shop in Cebu,
He retired or died, not sure.

Alvarez lawsuit dove ...mint.

60th aniversary strat...well played.

Fender accoustic, still my fav......cheap-o ....but love the action .

Recently picked up an accoustic pearl drum set from a buddy who upgraded.
I dig the drums, but feel an electric set would be better for recording . Much more flexible, quiet and never needs tuning. Tuning the drum kit is a bitch for a newbie.