What is Your Favorite Local Music Venue?

okay, I'll go first (and maybe last, LOL).. my favorite venue is the Rail Club, on Joyce drive in Fort Worth.

probably because I remember the great times there when it was the Brass Rail Club, one of the best strip clubs in town. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
You're showing your age. We were kicked out of the Brass Rail a few time in my youth.

To contribute, most of my music-listening-to time was spent at a bunch of different dive biker bars. I don't like the crowds of most of the mainstream spots.
You're showing your age. We were kicked out of the Brass Rail a few time in my youth. Originally Posted by ElBombero
I was, um, ushered out of there once.. one night when they had (and it was still legal) an all-you-can-drink night for a $8 flat fee.. well, the Tequila shots came fast and often, I already had 3 drinks at Silhouette across the street (damn it, showing my age again, LOL)..

I won't go into the long story, but it's a minor miracle I made it home unscathed.
The smaller ones are my favorites, even though I've seen groups at Texas Motor Speedway, American Airlines Center, etc. Big names often require big places to hold all their fans.

Chung, please forgive me, I know we're commenting on local venues but I want to give a shout out to those who travel around a bit and make a highly respectful recommendation for the Fox Theater in midtown Atlanta. If you go there once, you'll always be drawn to trying to get back.

The place was built in the 20's and it has this Egyptian interior decor. The acoustics are second to none in the country and it's received several rewards for it's value as a superior venue.

Many many years ago you could go to Tarzan movies there and the Tarzan actors would show during intermission plus other stars from other movies. Sometimes there would be Duncan Yo Yo contest for kids during half times of double features. Elvis and The Stones played there on occasion as well as many other popular groups.

It has a rich history:
http://www.dobywood.com/FoxTheatreAt...oxHistory.html

Today, you can watch AXS TV and see groups like the Allman Bros., Lynard Skynard and other well known groups playing there.

And the place only holds a tad over 5,000 butts !
Chung, please forgive me, I know we're commenting on local venues but I want to give a shout out to those who travel around a bit and make a highly respectful recommendation for the Fox Theater in midtown Atlanta. If you go there once, you'll always be drawn to trying to get back.

The place was built in the 20's and it has this Egyptian interior decor. The acoustics are second to none in the country Originally Posted by Charlie Brown
I'll forgive you in order to piggyback your choice and add the Fox Theater in Oakland! same Egyptian décor, great acoustics.

enough of that, let's get local again.. the Granada Theater is good.. some shows have seating, some don't.. if you go to a show with standing only, you better have sturdy legs.. that concrete floor will wear you out after a 2+ hour concert.

a name from the past that I enjoyed: Caravan of Dreams.. too bad it didn't survive, I don't think DFW has ever had a similar night spot.