Maybe I'm just paranoid

I have never asked anyone what kind of car they drive. I am very thorough in my screening though and have my own private incall, so I feel safe. I wouldn't want to tell a hobbyist that I never met and wasn't comfortable with yet what I drive either.
ALWAYS go with your gut, if its suspicious to you leave
OP -

if that's all it takes to rattle you, then maybe you should consider a different hobby..

you know.. like stamp or coin collecting, for example..
  • dgc92
  • 11-30-2018, 12:16 PM
Maybe model trains, if he wants a real adrenaline rush.
  • djxk8
  • 11-30-2018, 01:53 PM
I have been asked what car I was driving on a few occasions - as has been mentioned I imagine its an Old School Screening method.

But to paraphrase an old saying:- "He who Hobby's and runs away - lives to Hobby another day".

You went with your Gut and Your Big Head - and both overrode what the little head wanted, for that alone you are to be commended, at least IMHO.
If she screened you it shouldn't matter. I would have said fk this too. I'm outta here. It just sounds like a pimp jack to me. Hope you named her handle

Btw...le would have been in a donated drug dealers ride
trust your gut
not your nut
Personally your not paranoid... stings and bust are happening everywhere... last thing I want is to get busted for something that between two consenting adults. This is a sin violation written into law...
  • MK122
  • 12-01-2018, 10:08 AM
OP -

if that's all it takes to rattle you, then maybe you should consider a different hobby..

you know.. like stamp or coin collecting, for example.. Originally Posted by honest_abe
I can give pointers on the latter if need be. Lol
I have been asked what car I was driving on a few occasions - as has been mentioned I imagine its an Old School Screening method.

But to paraphrase an old saying:- "He who Hobby's and runs away - lives to Hobby another day".

You went with your Gut and Your Big Head - and both overrode what the little head wanted, for that alone you are to be commended, at least IMHO. Originally Posted by djxk8
this..

it's hard to fault a guy for being careful.. I do think you may have overreacted, I too have been asked a few times.

your girl didn't sound too upset though.. which is kind of interesting.
if your screening is done right. you should not need to ask for car info .. to see who is getting out of a car , be at a Motel type place or private . every one can might see who's coming and going ..
  • Crock
  • 12-01-2018, 10:55 AM
Asking about your car is just plain weird. I would not see a provider that asked that (unless the situation called for it, like you were lost in the apartment complex or something).

Abe, why do you keep trying to legitimize this odd behavior?
  • dgc92
  • 12-01-2018, 12:01 PM
Asking about your car is just plain weird. I would not see a provider that asked that (unless the situation called for it, like you were lost in the apartment complex or something).

Abe, why do you keep trying to legitimize this odd behavior? Originally Posted by Crock
The point every one of us on the other side keeps making is that it's NOT odd. It happens so often it's almost standard. I mean, it's also stupid and pointless. Surely LE has enough sense to send someone alone in a not-cop car with their backup in a different one. It's like the "Are you affiliated with law enforcement" question. You roll your eyes, mutter to yourself that she's fucking stupid, and give her the answer that makes her happy.
I only do AMPs, but how you not going to see a lady that ask about your car, if she asking after you get there?

Abe, why do you keep trying to legitimize this odd behavior? Originally Posted by Crock
maybe you should take up "lamp shade design" as a hobby..?