New to TX--Where's the Famous BBQ?

Truth and Corkscrew both are really good.
Corkscrew BBQ
Pinkerton's pork ribs melt in your mouth. Pricey but good.
Two sources for a list of top BBQ places. Texas Monthly has a list of the best BBQ places in Texas. Try all those close to you. Houston Chronicle also has a list of the best BBQ places in town. Try all of those. The Chron also has a list of the 100 best restaurant. A sugar baby and I tried to eat our way through the list. Great fun but expensive.
Theres an awesome place heading towards waco/austin on the back road I totally forget the name but i'll post it once I find out.
Theres an awesome place heading towards waco/austin on the back road I totally forget the name but i'll post it once I find out. Originally Posted by NikkiSecrets
Might be Truth in Brenham, there's a long line anytime I pass by during operating hours
https://maps.app.goo.gl/UG2Q5tYSSHyFm3WEA
The best is at the cook off - Pizzatolas on Shepard has been around forever - Goode Company is ok but Pricey - Gatlins - always hear about Killens, the Pit Room and Truth - haven't tried them -
Killen’s, Pinkerton’s, Corkscrew, Truth and Feges (in basement at Greenway Plaza is better than Northwest location), Roegels and Blood Brothers. In Clear Lake Delta Blues is good.
Rudy's is for tourists.
Pinkerton's is way overrated, haven't tried Truth yet but think it's probably over hyped as well.
Someone mentioned The Pit Room was pretty good.
Usually if I'm in the mood for BBQ I make it myself. Originally Posted by MarcellusWalluz
Hahaha
In Clear Lake Delta Blues is good. Originally Posted by AndyDufresne

I never heard about Delta Blues, but a quick search told me that Pappa's owns the store. The menu looks very expensive and for a few bucks more, I would probably head over to Fogo de Chao to their new location at Baybrook Mall.
I tried Hill Country BB Que a couple weeks ago on my way back from B/CS for the first time, the brisket and ribs were quite tasty. It’s located where hiway 6 and 290 split, give or take a couple miles on highway 6 after prairie view.
Two sources for a list of top BBQ places. Texas Monthly has a list of the best BBQ places in Texas. Try all those close to you. Houston Chronicle also has a list of the best BBQ places in town. Try all of those. The Chron also has a list of the 100 best restaurant. A sugar baby and I tried to eat our way through the list. Great fun but expensive. Originally Posted by 611wicomico
”Great fun but expensive.” BBQ or the sugar baby? Lol
Hey Pitroom how’s this handle going for ya. We’ll soon find out I’m sure
In the Montrose, EaDo, and the Heights areas;

1. The Pitroom.
2. J-Bar-M BBQ in EaDo.
3. Truth BBQ on Washington.
In the Montrose, EaDo, and the Heights areas;

1. The Pitroom.
2. J-Bar-M BBQ in EaDo.
3. Truth BBQ on Washington. Originally Posted by Fresh-Memes
thank you sir! i like pizza too and heard of a good pizza place near the 2nd bbq place you suggested. i believe the pizza place is called gypsy.