personal meet n greet publically. thoughts?

Chucky Cheese has room for everyone.
  • hd
  • 01-13-2014, 08:36 AM
Only down side is how do I answer a stranger when he asks me which one is my daughter?
We have the largest group of any other city and yet we can't have a get together to have a little fun? Other cities have socials all the time (just like we used to) so why can't we? Just a small group of friends getting together after work for happy hour--where's the harm in that? It used to work for us---and for all those who are so worried about whatever ---don't come and you will have nothing to worry about. Originally Posted by yohollyrock
Someone always has an ulterior motive, and those are the folks you need to watch out for. Someone always wants control, leverage or a cut of the proceeds. Deny this at your own peril. And there are plenty of people on this board from Dallas that fit this description. Most do not, but far too many do.

And I definitely won't be there.

In an ideal world, sure have a blast, but this isn't ideal.
IMO groups are a bad idea. Interested guys/gals should meet prior to sessions though and test out their spidey senses.

Meeting in a group begs lots of questions that don't need answers. There are more people I would not meet with in a big group than people I'd meet with. For example, I only know two guys on this site I trust. So if half your 12 is M, I'm out already. I'd say no to any group meeting and have in the past.

People that want to meet should arrange it personally on a very small group level. I only have 3 people on this site i want to meet right now, all women. And I'm not even sure if anything will come of it. Originally Posted by pfmtony
Thanks for your input - I respect what you're saying but I'm thinking small group of nice people could work. Trust me, the LAST thing I want to do is be an organizer of big socials.

We have the largest group of any other city and yet we can't have a get together to have a little fun? Other cities have socials all the time (just like we used to) so why can't we? Just a small group of friends getting together after work for happy hour--where's the harm in that? It used to work for us---and for all those who are so worried about whatever ---don't come and you will have nothing to worry about. Originally Posted by yohollyrock
Got your email and LOVE your attitude!

Chucky Cheese has room for everyone. Originally Posted by pyramider
Assume you're kidding but as anyone that's had kids can attest to - Chucky Cheese rocks!

Only down side is how do I answer a stranger when he asks me which one is my daughter? Originally Posted by hd
Same as any after hours work social to me. People of all ages and types.
Someone always has an ulterior motive, and those are the folks you need to watch out for. Someone always wants control, leverage or a cut of the proceeds. Deny this at your own peril. And there are plenty of people on this board from Dallas that fit this description. Most do not, but far too many do.

And I definitely won't be there.

In an ideal world, sure have a blast, but this isn't ideal. Originally Posted by pfmtony
I know of at least 3 girls we've both seen - THN, Melannie Star, and Syeia Pink - ask them if I'm the type with an ulterior motive. I have plenty of my own money so I don't want a cut. I just want meet some ladies that I may not have met otherwise. I only see ladies who post semi-regularly so to see people would be great for me. For it to be truly worth the lady's time I think we need other guys. And I stress guys that see girls, not tire kickers.
People do this already they just do it privately. I would suggest reaching out to a few providers in your area and ask her to reach out to a few ladies and gents. Do it by email or text - not pm. Weekday early evenings tend to work best. Good luck y'all

PS: its actually easier to get the guys to show up than the ladies. Ladies tend to say they will come and then don't. Just a heads up.

And yes EL214 totally kicks ass!

Personally I prefer the one on one setting.
I know of at least 3 girls we've both seen - THN, Melannie Star, and Syeia Pink - ask them if I'm the type with an ulterior motive. I have plenty of my own money so I don't want a cut. I just want meet some ladies that I may not have met otherwise. I only see ladies who post semi-regularly so to see people would be great for me. For it to be truly worth the lady's time I think we need other guys. And I stress guys that see girls, not tire kickers. Originally Posted by EasyLover214
EL its not you I worry about, its the other guys / gals in the room I've never met before. Yes I know we seem to have similar tastes in women, and they all say good things about you. Thats a great point of reference, and I think your motives are good.

That said there are people who's motives are questionable. Everything has to be evaluated on a risk / reward system.

I think any ladies wanting to meet you definitely should. It's the unnamed unknown members of any social that alarm my spidey senses.

I'm cutting back on who or how often I see people this year anyway. So far I'm sitting on zero for the year. Right now I don't see that changing for a while either. I only want class, intelligence, and incredible skills all rolled into one anymore. And a willingness to chat over tea or coffee is a huge plus.

I love this idea. I do it. It's the unknown parties of any sizeable gathering that worry me.
I almost always strive to have the first visit with the provider to be a 2-hours affair with most of the first hour being a 'getting to know you' time which I think makes for a much more relaxed atmosphere for (I hope) both of us.

Yes, I know it makes for an expensive approach, but this has served me (and I hope the provider) well. It may come across as being naïve but I prefer the first session to being more like a 'date'.

I'm very much in favor of having a group meeting like this proposed one.
ramjet, I've had several clients book two hour sessions just like yours. I think it's a very nice way to approach things, and it is appreciated very much.

I like both ideas.
ramjet, I've had several clients book two hour sessions just like yours. I think it's a very nice way to approach things, and it is appreciated very much.

I like both ideas. Originally Posted by tntangie
+1
I also like the idea. To me it is very important to get to know the ladies and to put them at ease with me. This is a great idea and one that I would support and participate in. THN and I have met and I think she would confirm my intent also.

elcid24
When meeting a hobbyist in public, I usually find myself fantasizing about how good he is in bed! The struggle of having to sit across from someone who you can't fondle and grope in public agitates me.

Otherwise, meeting a hobbyist for the first time in a bar or restaurant is a great way to break the ice, separate the "real" him from his "board" personality, and spend social time with someone.

After all, Good conversation is good for the soul!
I attend a bunch of the San Anton parties for this very reason. I have a chance to set at a table with women and talk to each other. The DFW area has not held any M&Gs for over a year so I travel to other places. A cocktail hour at a restaurant does not allow any one to make money from it. I have met many women that I have put on my must see list.
If I am thinking of seeing a lady that has no reviews I will set up a lunch or dinner meet first. I have done this with several ladies and it allows me to determine if she is a provider rather than a police decoy. I then can ask face to face at dinner where we should go from there. I always ask for her to set the time and place so she gets a free meal if nothing else.
A M&G also allows me to meet other hobbyists and share their views on ladies they have spent time with. I am in the process of going through a bunch of ladies in Austin and San Antonio that I have met.
DFW needs some meet and greets.
Ive been in contact with a lady I'll work with about getting a group of men and women together (NOT hobbyists and providers) for drinks. If interested please PM or email me at easylover214@gmail.com. This is my last public statement on the matter.
  • !VI!
  • 01-13-2014, 12:37 PM
I would definitely be interested! I have done this before a few times!

My only caution to the ladies and gents would be to park where your car is away from the meeting spot so no one can get your plates and search for your personal info.
Be safe! Originally Posted by thathottnurse

i have been doing this since i moved to grapevine, it has saved alot of trouble