where do you draw the line with hotels

I am not picky, just don't want to have lots of undesirables hanging around in the parking lot or hanging out around the doors. I went to the motel 6 in FTW on cherry & I30 once. I bolted because the place looked like a scene in the movie New Jack city.
I haven’t met you yet (hopefully soon) but I would think that anyone doing even an ounce of research on you shouldn’t be at all worried about being next to a police station. Well reviewed, established, excellent board presence. It wouldn’t bother me.

Guess I’m in the minority?

I have to be careful choosing the express deal on priceline in my area. It always spits out the same hotel (when i used priceline alot back in the day). Super nice hotel right next to the police station. Never bothered me but freaked every guy out. Originally Posted by LadyAnastasia
Thanks a bunch babe��������
To me it's more about the area. I don't care if it's a cheap room or not. But if I don't feel safe leaving my car in the parking lot, or walking to the door, I won't do it. There are budget hotels in non-sketchy areas, and I'm perfectly cool with those.
It has to be really low budget place.....
Ive pulled up to a place and the cops were outside (not for me)

LadyAnastasia....I like it when the provider gives direction to the room and has the open ajar so no knocking.

The little things make some of the issues not matter
My main complaint about low budget motels is if I do see someone at one, I feel really dirty and guilty after I leave. Even though we played safe I feel the need to get tested and immediately bath. But if I see the same provider at a nice hotel, I feel great after I leave. Needless to say, I tend to not be a repeat visit for someone I meet at the low budget.
Have you heard about Oyo Hotels? They are popping up all over DFW.
A dingy hotel detracts enough from the experience that I find myself not enjoying the session as much, particularly if I’m paying $300+.
Hotels give me a weird vibe. I will outcall to one but not host out of one. I like a more personal setting.
There is a website that will tell you what hotels you'll get on Priceline depending on the star rating and area. For me, I had been in DFW so long that I always knew within one or two options where I'd be.
Have you heard about Oyo Hotels? They are popping up all over DFW. Originally Posted by TheCharlieBrown
I have seen those all over hotels.com, look ok but not in my general area. I tend to stay in HEB for schedule reasons. If you know the area, you know the options are pretty limited.
It’s a recent entrant into the market. An Indian company that’s buying up budget hotels. I haven’t been on one yet, but it sounds like they’re fixing up properties they purchase.
Room service.

Without it, I’m not staying.
Hotels give me a weird vibe. I will outcall to one but not host out of one. I like a more personal setting. Originally Posted by Nina the Dicknapper
Nina, I’m with you, 100%. I have ONLY worked out of my private apartment. Except the few times some good regulars would get a 5 star hotel suite to spoil us for a couple of nights. That’s always fun, and they pick me up and bring me home. I can’t imagine going to a hotel room to see a new client. Very scary. And they may ghost you when you arrive. No, not for me.

Much easier to stay home, with all of my lingerie and sexy things, and get all fixed up and freshly bathed for my guys. I’m not paying rent AND paying for an expensive, upscale hotel. And not packing a bag and fighting DFW traffic to make it on time. No.

Several out of town business men have Ubered to me and then Ubered back to their hotel after our date. Uber is fast and cheap. And I feel safer in my own apartment. And not having to pack and drive saves me precious time. My sublet condo is gated and in a very good neighborhood. No one “hangs around” outside. It’s against the HOA rules.

And I have an adorable little pink taser under my bed ; AS WELL as a cute little pink handled revolver on the other side of the bed. Loaded.

So yeah. I feel safer at home and I don’t drive. Anywhere.
During the summer time I am usually pushed into using Hotels due to family life. I love using hotels.com but I learned the harsh reality of bait and switch. Used a hotel 6 once because it was indoor and the photos looked amazing only to arrive to dingy sheets, thin walls and peeling paint

The issue i find with it is in my area most of the places tend to be doors on the outside instead of going through a lobby and both options have their own issues. in a lobby you might have nosey employees and outside might have alot of wandering people and undesirable actions.

Does it actually matter once your in the room?

I understand if your paying a $300+ rate then there are expectations. Being a low volume provider I have no interest in paying $150 for a room and making profit enough for dinner. I also would not want someone to pull up and be instantly turned off by the surroundings.

Where do you draw the line? Are their specific chains you avoid?
What sort of happenings would be going on for you to pull up and leave?
Originally Posted by LadyAnastasia
Location normally dictates hotel. I would also suggest going with 2-3 brands and sign up for the reward program. Frequent stays leads to free nights.