Houston Islamic Center Burned

It burned on Friday morning. An accelerant was used so arson is suspected but the authorities have no suspect. The Imam of the center, which claims that it teaches peace and tolerance wants it treated as a hate crime. Shouldn't they find a suspect and motive first?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...suspected.html Originally Posted by boardman
Suspect arrested. Homeless man trying to keep warm. So what was the accelerant, a match? Building looks more like an abandoned building than a mosque. I wonder how much those Coptic Christians paid the homeless man to take the fall for this.

Link below, FOUR DAYS OLD...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/salvadorhern...ire#.ggpGlY68q

My murder is worse than yours! Originally Posted by WTF
I'd be willing to test half of that hypothesis!

As I recall, 1977 was a pretty rotten year for HPD and Chief Pappy Bond.
Yes they should find the person responsible, and hate crime designation or not the building is just as burned.

But so nice to see some people's first reactions are "inside job" and "good riddance" Originally Posted by Old-T
Maybe you don't like to admit it but in many cases where a fringe group is targeted with some form of anonymous vandalism it is an inside job. The swastika last year at Oberlin college was an inside job. The lesbian waitress who got an insulting check condemning her life style was written by her. The black congressman who got vandalized found that it was a staffer trying to drum up business for the election. The vandalism in Denver a few years ago for a storefront political movement...yep, an inside job.

I don't know, you don't know, we need to wait but when you're playing the odds....
http://abc13.com/news/islamic-center...uslims/523152/

Channel 13 reported this morning that this moron indeed stated that he "hated Muslims". He will have to explain to a judge this morning if he did set the fire because he "hated Muslims", or just to stay warm.

If he did set the fire because he "hated Muslims", prosecute his sorry ass to the hilt.

I apologize for saying it was probably an "inside job" in an earlier post.

Channel 13 reported this morning that this moron indeed stated that he "hated Muslims". He will have to explain to a judge this morning if he did set the fire because he "hated Muslims", or just to stay warm.

If he did set the fire because he "hated Muslims", prosecute his sorry ass to the hilt.

I apologize for saying it was probably an "inside job" in an earlier post. Originally Posted by Jackie S
He can "hate Muslims" and want to "keep warm" at the same time ....

... without the two being connected.

Also, as a practical matter someone saying someone "hates" someone else can just be an angry momentary expression upon which someone may not act. It depends on the remoteness of the comment and the circumstances surrounding the "act" ... If he were sleeping in the place and there is evidence of it, or at least staying in there to get out of the cold, and he set a fire while in there, which spread, then it might be a separate event from the "hate" comment.

I apologize for saying it was probably an "inside job" in an earlier post. Originally Posted by Jackie S
He can "hate Muslims" and want to "keep warm" at the same time ....

... without the two being connected.

Also, as a practical matter someone saying someone "hates" someone else can just be an angry momentary expression upon which someone may not act. It depends on the remoteness of the comment and the circumstances surrounding the "act" ... If he were sleeping in the place and there is evidence of it, or at least staying in there to get out of the cold, and he set a fire while in there, which spread, then it might be a separate event from the "hate" comment. Originally Posted by LexusLover
The blurb says he told someone he hated Muslims just before setting fire.
Who is that "someone"? Are they credible?
If the guy did indeed hate Muslims what's he doing at their place. Was there not a more friendly place, community center, Church, Synagogue or even an abandoned house nearby where he could get or stay warm?

Seems like a lot of things need to be straightened out.
  • Tetas
  • 02-18-2015, 12:27 PM
Looks like he got two birds with one stone on this...he got to express his displeasure with Muslims and he ain't homeless no more.
lol
Looks like he got two birds with one stone on this...he got to express his displeasure with Muslims and he ain't homeless no more.
lol Originally Posted by riday
^^^^^^^^^LOL
If he really hated Muslims wouldn't he have waited till there was a gathering?
The blurb says he told someone he hated Muslims just before setting fire.
Who is that "someone"? Are they credible?
If the guy did indeed hate Muslims what's he doing at their place. Was there not a more friendly place, community center, Church, Synagogue or even an abandoned house nearby where he could get or stay warm?

Seems like a lot of things need to be straightened out. Originally Posted by boardman
This guy Fergusan isn't exactly one of the "pillars of society". Described as a "transient with a long criminal record".

Stoned, drunk, and stupid.
Yeah and the Nazis found a guy to say that he was a communist and that was why he burned the Reichstag. Neither was true it turned out.

Same thing when they found a sonarman to claim that the Turner Joy had been attacked by torpedoes off the coast of North Vietnam. Wasn't true either.
This guy Fergusan isn't exactly one of the "pillars of society". Described as a "transient with a long criminal record".

Stoned, drunk, and stupid. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I'm not making excuses for his stupidity, don't get me wrong. I just think there are a lot of questions to be answered. More now than we had two days ago.

Stoned, drunk, and stupid. Originally Posted by Jackie S
You just described the average liberal, lol.

Jim
....Stoned,...... Originally Posted by Jackie S
You mean the Muslims already punished him?

Bet he's glad they weren't ISIS ... burn for burn!
Oh,so sorry. Im all choked up.....
You just described the average liberal. Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Jimbo, I don't believe it is "the average liberal" who hates Muslims. I feel quite certain that if you were to do a quick search in this forum, it would not take long to figure out the "described" political leanings for those posters who truly hate Muslims.

I suspect you will find that "the average" Eccie Political Forum poster who hates Muslims, will be the polar opposite to a "liberal."

Just sayin'

More on the incident follows:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...rd-6088601.php