Mexico Offers Advice to US Concerning Gun Control

Then you haven't been paying attention. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I read the local newspaper cover to cover each day. I watch national and local news shows. Have not read or heard
of anyone supporting stricter gun laws.

I'm sure there have been a few, as one person cited some idiots on a radio show. Can you give me an example of someone in a position of power or authority who has come out in favor of tightening gun laws as a way to curb such violence since the Aurora shootings? In this thread I have read no one advocating more gun restrictions but have read at least 2 individuals state that putting more guns in the hands of citizens is the way to go.
  • CJ7
  • 07-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Mexico must be deaf and dumb ..

our GOP presidential candidate has already passed a law that BANS guns, maybe Romney should visit Mex and get THEM up to speed.
our GOP presidential candidate has already passed a law that BANS guns, Originally Posted by CJ7
  • CJ7
  • 07-23-2012, 12:38 PM
let me help you, dumbass

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/...ear-report.pdf Originally Posted by CJ7
Speed racer those "idiots" that I cited are all community leaders and religious leaders. A priest, a reverend, and a rabbi. They will be leading the charge. You need to know what they are saying and what they think. I am preparing my own rebuttal to be sent to them.

That theater, Virginia Tech, Ft Hood were all gun free zones. So no one was packing.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering

You are good finding pictures but any gun control will have to come from congress. They are too busy campaigning to pass any gun control.
You are good finding pictures but any gun control will have to come from congress. They are too busy campaigning to pass any gun control. Originally Posted by ekim008
NOTICE: The NRA rated Odumbo on his actions as a legislator. The only thing about Odumbo that has changed is his title. Odumbo has been, and continues to be, the greater threat to American's Second Amendment civil liberties.
Gun control laws don't fix the problem. Criminals will always get their hands on any weapon they want.
I don't want to carry.

My father was a gun dealer and I grew up in a house full of loaded weapons. I have plenty of guns in my own home and some are loaded. But I don't like to carry.

Anyone who's carried a heavy gun around with him all day in normal situations in which the risk of needing it is zilch can tell you it's just a pain in the ass.

The detectives and other police I've known who open carry, but never use their weapon in thirty years, don't wear it because they need it - they wear it because they like to show off.

Unless someone has some particular reason to think he/she might need one then carrying is for people who like to exaggerate a lot.

What happened in Colorado is an extremely rare event and the chances of being killed by lightening are greater than by something like that.

American public and media get over it, or put it in perspective.

[oh but they don't want to cuz they really love the drama of it all]
That's right, you can't control the actions of crazy people. This is not the last shooting that will take place and even if you took away all the legal guns from owners that use them for legitimate purposes, the black market would still sell any type of weapon for the bad guys. In fact, it would make it even more profitable for the illegal gun dealers. I don't own guns, but I respect the people's right to own guns. Once I don't have kids in the house I might buy a couple just for target practice.
IMHO everyone should own a gun and keep it secured in their home in a place where their kids cannot access it. A shotgun for home defense is ideal.

Unfortuntely it's been known to happen that SWAT teams or police with no visible IDs will hit the wrong house, and then the home defender gets off'd by the overzealout cops. That's happening more and more as police are held less and less accountable for violent acts against the innocent.
Speed racer those "idiots" that I cited are all community leaders and religious leaders. A priest, a reverend, and a rabbi. They will be leading the charge. You need to know what they are saying and what they think. I am preparing my own rebuttal to be sent to them.

That theater, Virginia Tech, Ft Hood were all gun free zones. So no one was packing. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
People like that have opinions, just like the rest of us. At times they are lucky enough to have a forum to make their opinions known. My guess is that very few people listen to them and take them seriously. They can influence the lawmakers but they can't make the laws. When lawmakers start discussing gun control I'll take it seriously. There will be no charge to more gun control in Colorado or elsewhere IMHO.
NOTICE: The NRA rated Odumbo on his actions as a legislator. The only thing about Odumbo that has changed is his title. Odumbo has been, and continues to be, the greater threat to American's Second Amendment civil liberties. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Interesting statement considering the Brady Commission gave Obama an "F" for his views and actions on gun control.
Obama promised Sarah Brady that he was working on gun control "under the radar." Which means, he doesn't want us to know what he is doing. I doubt that he secretly trying to relax gun control laws. But I could be wrong.

http://nation.foxnews.com/guns/2011/...ol-under-radar