Nationwide Walk for Choice this Sat 2/26 Turns Worldwide

Pro-choice people include those who are personally against abortion or feel uncomfortable with it, but who would not impose their viewpoint by law onto all women. Pro-choice does not mean pro-abortion. We do not advocate abortion over birth - we simply defend the right of women to decide for themselves.

The pro-choice movement supports and works towards preventing unwanted pregnancies, reducing abortion, promoting contraception, educating women and youth, and ensuring families have the necessary resources to raise healthy, happy children.
  • WTF
  • 02-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Does the pro-choice movement offer reward points like hotels or airlines do? What do you remeed them for? I mean are you a "Platinum" member....if you are going to advocate for this , tell us: how many babies (fetuses) have you killed? Originally Posted by atlcomedy

WE all kill...either by our actions or lack thereof. We support a war that kills innocent women and children. We support dictators that repress their people to exploit their natural resources. Nobody gets called a murder for those views or should. That aside...

Do you really believe that we as a nation would sit back and watch 48 million children be murdered by whiraway count?

I do not but I do believe that women are capable of aborting a fetus before life has begun. I support that action, if that makes me an accessory then game on for how hypocritical I think we all are.
woman up!!! who here is willing to admit they had an abortion/killed a baby?

woman up...you ain't breaking any laws...

I said I didn't want a 200 post thread...I guess I was wrong...

Can anyone on here defend an abortion? Other than just being selfish...which many people are....
I would be careful about making assumptions about what people on here think about this issue.

Even many of those that think abortion is none of the government's business certainly don't celebrate killing babies.

As you might guess I won't be marching and I really don't want to get into some 200-post debate about the abortion issue. I don't think anyone's POV will change.

I'm just saying don't assume because of the nature of this board, everyone has the same view on abortion. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Too late.

Whirlaway's already left the barn.

I think it's time for our new mods to either close the thread fast or lay down some rules on this one.

Cheers,
Mazo. Originally Posted by Mazomaniac
LOL! Originally Posted by pjorourke
Ditto!!

Agreed!! Originally Posted by Rudyard K
DAYUM!!! Mark this date and time down in the ECCIE history books. I agree with atl, PJ & RK in their comments.
DAYUM!!! Mark this date and time down in the ECCIE history books. I agree with atl, PJ & RK in their comments. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005

Can anyone on here defend an abortion? Other than just being selfish...which many people are.... Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Many women are willing to admit to having abortions. There is a TShirt worn by many that states "I had an abortion."

I'm thankful for groups like Planned Parenthood that taught me about safe sex and birth control, resulting in never becoming pregnant.

Peace.

L.
DAYUM!!! Mark this date and time down in the ECCIE history books. I agree with atl, PJ & RK in their comments. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Charles, forget a drink....I'll buy you dinner if you ever hit ATL......there might even be a gal or 3 that will join us...
Other than just being selfish...which many people are.... Originally Posted by atlcomedy
*RING* *RING*

"Hello, glass shop? Do you fix windows broken by people throwing stones in their own house?"

Mazo.
Charles, forget a drink....I'll buy you dinner if you ever hit ATL......there might even be a gal or 3 that will join us... Originally Posted by atlcomedy
I'll drive!
I'll drive! Originally Posted by Ansley
There's one gal. Do we have bids from two others?

[And BTW, it's a really good start.]
  • MP67
  • 02-25-2011, 11:21 PM
For one, I MET LynetteMarie in person and she and another gent turned me on to this site.

I would normally bend you over and give you a piece of my mind that I actually do on other sites, but I understand that I have to be more tame here.

Now. LynetteMarie has to be the most exquisitely beautiful lady I've had the pleasure of meeting, and we didn't actually 'do the deed'! ;o)

So, being a new member on this site, I appreciate that there is a certain protocal that has to be maintained.

In the same respect, I do not appreciate the flack that LM is getting from some of you.

Why don't you walk in a lady's shoes before you pass judgement?

It's not your bodies that could be in jeopardy, just your wallet, if infact the lady ever turned you on to the fact that she got pregnant.

You wouldn't know squat.

It's her right. The both of you were supposed to be responsible at the time of conception, but who actually pays the price? A fetus?

If they took the fetus out of the lady at the first trimester, could it actually become a 'person'? Does it have feelings, or emotions?

It's easy to pass judgement when you don't have to make that decision.

So, be a man and give the lady some slack.
  • WTF
  • 02-26-2011, 06:56 AM

Can anyone on here defend an abortion? Other than just being selfish...which many people are.... Originally Posted by atlcomedy

I am not a woman but I have been part of abortions. I drove the women there.

I do not feel like we murdered anyone.

What do you mean by defend? Do you mean that when one weighs the option of giving proper time to the raising of a child or completing college? Do you mean how once a child is born to the poor we turn our back on those children until they do something that we want to throw them in jail for......do you defend kids having kids? Do you defend people having kids that are not financially able to care for them?

The reality is that people are ignorant in the ways of sex education.....especially the poor. Some groups would like to better educate them in this regard , yet the same folks who so easily denounce and judge abortion scream bloody murder when folks want to spend money to educate these folks in the ways of the world. Now you might think that kids will not have sex but I know better. So while I do not advocate abortion, I do live in reality. The reality is that people make mistakes, including the people that do not want to hand out condoms to kids that inevitably are going to have sex. There is plenty of blame to go around in this debate.

So while I am not proud of any abortion I have been a part of, I sure as hell aren't waving a flag when we bomb another country killing innocent civilians.

Lynette, you would be wise not to assume so much when posting on this subject. I think that is where most took offense.
Here is my $0.02: I am against abortions that take place in the second or third trimester of pregnancy. While some look at abortions as murder I don't. especially if it were to take place in early stages of pregnancy (First trimester). By the third trimester body organs have matured, the fetus is almost fully developed and ready for delivery. I have a big problem with women that use abortion as a form of birth control and those that wait too long to have an abortion. They also don't realize that they are putting themselves at a bigger risk. I am very pro choice and I have never had an abortion. I do have a problem with tax payers having to foot the bill. Women shouldn't have sex if they have no knowledge of birth control method and can't afford abortions. In rape cases a woman should be given her options. If I were put in that situation I would never carry that baby to term.
Pro-choice people include those who are personally against abortion or feel uncomfortable with it, but who would not impose their viewpoint by law onto all women. Pro-choice does not mean pro-abortion. We do not advocate abortion over birth - we simply defend the right of women to decide for themselves. Originally Posted by LynetteMarie
Bingo! That is the key phrase.
In light of this, thought you might find this article interesting! I am all for pro-choice, and a woman's right to have an abortion if she needs one.

http://open.salon.com/blog/isandwich...funds_is_wrong