Computer Pro Needed

I know a sure fire (mostly) solution. Certainly the most reliable approach. It sounds a little scary but it is not as bad as it sounds if you're a little handy.

It requires you have a spare computer and an external usb drive holder (about $15 at Fry's for the external USB drive holder).

Unplug and open up the computer (usually just a few screws), unplug the hard drive, put it in the external holder. This is actually pretty easy, hard drives almost all just plug in.

Put Malware Bytes on your other computer. Then plug the USB drive holder into this computer.

In Malware Bytes, select the external drive to be scanned and run it.

When done, reinstall the now clean drive back into your computer.

The reason for all of this is that it is much harder to remove a virus from a drive that the computer is currently booted off of...there are lots of locked files and the virus developer take advantage of this.
The problem is that it isn't a virus - it's a rogue piece of software. Removal is going to require cleaning out not only the files themselves, but the registry settings that it sets in order to prevent internet access and reinstall itself when removed. I don't think Malwarebytes will properly clean the registry if the drive is scanned as an external drive.
Rogue vas can be very problemTic but do not dictate that you must reinstall windows. UU you h d to jump through some hoops. To get rid of the files Then do so
E registry clean up, and possibly a boot sector repair. It is complex but A win reinstall can usually be avoided.
Hey guys thanks do much for all the comments. The Internet is down at my house and using my phone. I have tons of pictures on my computer that I don't want to lose nor do I have any of the original program computer CDs... What can I do? Very grateful to the onw who can help me and quickly.
It sounds like you need the services of a computer geek. Maybe you should consider bartering.
That's what my post is about computer pro needed hence the tittle.
"tittle"

Freudian slip?
...also if you do the "pull the disk" thing, malwarebytes regassassin can address the registry issue. I have a 100% success rate with this approach - 1 scan and fixed - vs. malware so far, where before all the safe mode etc. approaches I tried rarely worked.

In fact I now suspect that the pros I had to leave my computer with probably just did exactly that - on a stand alone disk there is nowhere for the virus to hide :-)

Good luck!
For god's sake, somebody just get it over with and go fix it. Take an enclosure, some OS disks, and download some malware/anti-virus software.

It's bad enough trying to troubleshoot this kind of stuff over the phone, worse over text.
Yes meant title damn eye phone and nails... It's to damn hard to type long stuff on phone
Send me a PM if you still need help. I will fix it for ya, and won't charge you a dime.

All I ask is that you vouch for me to one of the mods, so I can get VP status :-)
Its back up and running... thank you Datman for all your help