For the 'Mix Tape' Generation....

I was much more into the old school soul stuff. Marvin Gaye, Al Green, the Stylistics, The Temptations, The Spinners, the Whispers, and of course Barry White. Originally Posted by spear88
I got you.

I know y'all remember these different tape brands like Scotch, TDK, Maxell, Sony, Memorex, Denon, BASF..... Originally Posted by kerwil62
Ampex
Nakamichi Dragon.

Dear God ACTUAL buttons.... & dials. (0_o)

Thats no bs kerwil, I was a stereo fanatic in the 70's, and 80's, had a McIntosh, amp, preamp, tuner, Akai 747 reel to reel, Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck, and thorens turntable, Bose 901's, and klipshorn floor standing speakers.Made lots of mixed tapes, I could shake all the windows in my house with that system. When I lived in Kingwood at an apartment in the 80's almost got me thrown out a few times for being to loud. Lol Originally Posted by seedman55
Nakamichi! McIntosh! Bose! Klipsch! That's that good high-end shit!

Sounds like a kick-ass system Seedy! I know you rocked it hard! Originally Posted by kerwil62
He had all that great shit to listen clasical and country western. Lmmfao
Taking me back to my school bus days...

I have thoughts and songs in my head, but am feeling too lazy to look them up and post em...maybe tomorrow???

LOL...

Oh oh oh oh oh...oh oh oh oh...oh oh oh oh oh ... the RIGHT STUFF!!!
ah...okay...maybe one...started my first mix-tape in kindergarten by recording Rod Stuart sing at the Olympic games...

• Seedy
  • 01-07-2014, 05:26 AM
Nakamichi Dragon.

Dear God ACTUAL buttons.... & dials. (0_o)

Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
Damn skippy, that sucker was the cats ass of cassette decks.

He had all that great shit to listen clasical and country western. Lmmfao Originally Posted by tyboy1
Lol, some classical, but NO c&w. Really cranked that system up to the likes of ELP, Yes, Lynard Skynard, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Def Leopard, and of course the Beatles, and Stones. Too many others to list.

Ampex Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
Teac, made some great sounding cassette tapes, looked like a miniature reel to reel.
Good God "November Rain"...middle school cafeteria JUKE BOX, baby!