Private messages and policies regarding mod accessibility

If you want to be sure to keep your communications private, do not use a website or board. If the owner or mods need to get into an account or comms (say, due to a court order for example) they can. I am not naysaying JJ, but it is a power that can be bestowed, and you just never know who may have been granted such power.

Email unrelated to any board such as this is a more secure method. Of course, as with any computer based comm, you need to have a strong account password and a secured (anti-malware defending) computer. An email service such as Hushmail even encrypts the messaging between sender and receiver. The truly paranoid can also encrypt their hard drive. Also, use an email address other than the one associated with this site.

I would recommend using this board PM for messages that you do not need secured, and for verifying it is you and not an impostor that has contacted a lady by some other means.
Isnt it drama and paranoia the subject of this thread?
  • Mokoa
  • 05-19-2013, 11:25 PM
The topic of this thread is the question of Mods having access to the PM's of other members. That's it. It is not about drama. It is not about the alleged access to other member's accounts. It is not about anything else. If you wish to discuss other topics start a thread for each topic in the Coed forum.

The question of Mods having access to the PM's of other members has been addressed. Unless anyone has something relevant to add to that topic, I will close this thread.
I can concur, mods would have no access. I think the next closes way someone could access them might be by accessing the database directly, however I'd imagine less than a handful of people have such access.
More drama and whining!
This is an old thread Malaya (check the date stamp). I don't think it's still relevant. I'm pretty sure that we have all moved on.
This is an old thread Malaya (check the date stamp). I don't think it's still relevant. I'm pretty sure that we have all moved on. Originally Posted by JJ
Post stalk much? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!