AMERICA IS NOT, IN ANY SENSE, FOUNDED ON THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION

• WTF
  • 12-14-2011, 12:06 PM
I agree completely with this.

As for those that want to exercise there right to practice their faith in public settings I agree that they should be allowed. However, what you allow for one religion must be allowed for all religions. That can become less desirable very quickly and from a practical standpoint it could become a hindrance to the primary objective of the public event. Originally Posted by Laz
These same folks that cry about seculars not wanting religion in government turn around and cry whem the muslims wanted to put a church near ground zero. They arefull of shit imho
WTF, you are so good at setting up a straw man, knocking him down, and then congratulating yourself on your superiority. Who brought up the ground zero mosque? No one. And you have no idea the demographics or beliefs of those opposed to it. Why not just address the issue?
  • WTF
  • 12-14-2011, 01:42 PM
It is better to be good at something rather than nothing COG. And I know exactly who was crying about the muslim church at ground zero. Exact same fucers that cry about not being able to say a christian prayer during school. Lol. What a croc
Man, you know so much!

• WTF
  • 12-14-2011, 03:54 PM
WTF, you are so good at setting up a straw man, knocking him down, and then congratulating yourself on your superiority. Who brought up the ground zero mosque? No one. And you have no idea the demographics or beliefs of those opposed to it. Why not just address the issue? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Look , that is part and partial of the issue. People that are crying about not being able to pray in school were the same one's protesting this Muslim Church and wanting the city to deny it permits or some such crap.

My job in life is to point out hypocrisy, haven't you learnt anything in this forum?
Prove it. I'd like to see some data.
  • Laz
  • 12-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Look , that is part and partial of the issue. People that are crying about not being able to pray in school were the same one's protesting this Muslim Church and wanting the city to deny it permits or some such crap.

My job in life is to point out hypocrisy, haven't you learnt anything in this forum?
. Originally Posted by WTF
I agree with you on this but I still do not want a Mosque anywhere near ground zero. I think that those that insist that they have the right to display their religious beliefs on or in public property need to ask themselves if they are willing for all religions to do so. If prayer in school is allowed are you going to accommodate the numerous daily prayers the Muslims are expected to perform? The point is the easy answer is to separate church and state so that these issues are avoided.

A real example is an area where the Muslims wanted a loud speaker system at the mosque to call the faithful to prayer in the surrounding community. Obviously the area residents did not like the idea of the noise several times daily. The Muslim response was to tell them not to allow church bells, which are also loud, on Sunday. If it is allowed for one faith it has to be allowed for all. Keep religion out of the public sector and life is easier.
  • WTF
  • 12-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Prove it. I'd like to see some data. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Do you think that anyone of these groups are aganist prayer in school?

If so you are a loon...you might be a loon even if you were to understand this fact.

Do you watch Fox News, all their commentators were aganist this church being built and Hannity is a huge bible thumper.

http://www.pipelinenews.org/index.cf...test6.7.10.htm

Thousands Attend NY Protest Against Ground Zero Mosque
upporting groups included the Freedom Defense Initiative; ACT for America (ACT Manhattan chapter); Z Street; SIOE; No Mosque at Ground Zero; Staten Island Tea Party; American Bulldogs; VAST; the Center for Security Policy; Shalom International; the Unity Coalition for Israel; 911 Families; Indian American Intellectuals Forum; Veterans Against Jihad (VAJ); and Faith Freedom International.
I don't watch Fox News. I just don't see where you get off lumping all those who disagree with you into a separate group altogether. I think it is both morally and factually wrong.
  • WTF
  • 12-14-2011, 04:31 PM
I don't watch Fox News. I just don't see where you get off lumping all those who disagree with you into a separate group altogether. I think it is both morally and factually wrong. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I am pointing out the facts. It has nothing to do with my beliefs on the matter.

The people that screamed about the Muslim Church are the same folks who cry about not being able to pray in school or better stated to have the school sanction prayer.

You watch TV, you see those facts.

How many follow Hannity? Those are the ones I am talking about. There is no denying those facts.
You haven't pointed out any facts, just conjecture. Get over yourself.
  • WTF
  • 12-14-2011, 04:43 PM
You haven't pointed out any facts, just conjecture. Get over yourself. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
You do realize that The theory of relativity is just a theory.

That said, it is a pretty damn good one, as is mine.

Keep it up, WTF! I'm lovin' it!

• WTF
  • 12-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Keep it up, WTF! I'm lovin' it!

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I'll pass the hat around after the show and hope you tithe generously!
How ironic is it that we are arguing religious issues on a web site dedicated to finding the best deal in Hookers.

God has to have a sense of humor.