Proper Legal Procedure Question

All cops know the law. They should become a lawyer when they retire. Originally Posted by Gotyour6
yes, and all lawyers should strap on a gun and a badge when they retire. (Not sure which of those is a scarier picture. But it is what Andy Griffith did. Sheriff of Mayberry to Attorney Matlock.) (((just following in SJ's entertainment theme.)))
...Now in Oklahoma, things are different. Disclaimers work and hobbyists and providers are free to discuss particular sex acts and prices. In fact, prostitution is legal for our lucky brothers and sisters to the north. So get out there and raise a ruckus! Originally Posted by ShysterJon
Are you pulling someone's chain?
Are you pulling someone's chain? Originally Posted by tigercat
It's all part of my evil scheme to incarcerate everyone in okiehomo. Haha.
But who wants to invest all that money anyways, since prostitution is just a misdemeanor? Originally Posted by Deva Divine

In TX, I think only the first 3 are misdemeanors.
In TX, I think only the first 3 are misdemeanors. Originally Posted by sky_wire
That's right. The fourth conviction for prostitution is a state-jail felony, punishable by up to two years in a state jail facility. Of course, engaging a provider 14 to 17 years of age is a second-degree felony on the first offense, punishable by two to twenty years in the Big House.
Hello Deva,

First off, is the woman in your sig line Janis Joplin? Great picture!

Now, here's my two cents.

I really, Really believe every provider should have a Great lawyer and accountant! The real deal, liscensed, specialized, full time, non trade out, not Compro Tax and 1 800 pay your bail. It's an essential business expense....and quite possibly tax deductible.

And, yes, it might be "just a misdemeanor". But, it may, probably, be hard to get a spouse, professional job, higher education, volunteer with children (boy scout leader for example) etc with a moral turpitude arrest, let alone conviction, on your record.

Stay safe,

Kat