Trump begins to unravel

http://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-s...190222282.html

It's always someone else's fault, never his. He is beginning to unravel. Is this the beginning of the end. We hardly hear about any of the other candidates. Trump is sucking up all the air. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Its not as if Trump is wrapped very tight to begin with.
Funny...how many times have they declared Trump DOA? Four times, five times? The shallow thinkers strike again. The average people don't know who these people are either but they do know that experts will be on hand to tell the president who they are and why they matter. This was just another gotcha question. I would like to hear the reporter answer this question, can you name the CEOs of the five top companies on the American stock exchange? What do you want to bet that he can't....he probably couldn't name those terrorists until he looked them up.

I'm reminded of when the Ford family tried to take the business away from Henry Ford. They put together a competency hearing and had old Henry on the stand. The attorney asked Henry if he could explain certain engineering principals. Ford said that he couldn't. The attorney ask Ford if he could go into any detail about economic theories, Ford said he couldn't. The attorney than asked the courtroom how someone without this knowledge could run a major company. Ford looked him in the eye and said that if he had a telephone he could get a whole room of experts in the room to explain all of that in 10 minutes.

I think that people will see this for what it is, an ambush. They will treat Trump just like they would an average person who probably doesn't know who these people are but they know experts are available who do. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Henry Ford was a Nazi. Interesting you picked him as your illustration.
Funny...how many times have they declared Trump DOA? Four times, five times? The shallow thinkers strike again. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
JDIdiot, speaking of "shallow thinkers," have you located the missing 777 yet?

You know the 777 that I am speaking of, don"t you?

It is the one that you claimed was hidden from view on some remote island, shielded by camouflage netting and shrubs.

Question? Are the shrubs once used as camouflage now "wilted"?

Just sayin'
I was wondering which one of you dumb SOBs was going to bring this shit up.
Not surprised that it turned out to be the worm. The dumbest SOB of them all.

This "gotcha" scenario has played out in every Republican campaign since Reagan. (Notice how it's only Republicans that get this type of question.) Some candidates have handled it better than others. Trump was probably right about most of those names not being around by the time he takes office. At this point in the campaign it doesn't matter anyway.

BTW, Reagan had the best answer of all when he said, "It doesn't matter whether I know their names, but they better know mine."
Wormser has his tongue down your throat on first. Bet you can't wait to get to second... eehhbhuuurrrrrrrr Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Idiot, speak English. Oh right all you can do is videos.
Wormser has his tongue down your throat on first. Bet you can't wait to get to second... eehhbhuuurrrrrrrr Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Now who can argue with THAT.

Nobody should doubt the ADA compliance of ECCIE, if theY did to begin with.

of course with the, a whole gaggle of RWWipes' heads just exploded.
But now, Hillary is calling Trump's candidacy "Unfortunate".
Is she scared of ....
This is turning into the most entertaining political season in a long time.
But, if Trump is unraveling, perhaps he can take others down with him.
Again, entertaining.

This "gotcha" scenario has played out in every Republican campaign since Reagan. (Notice how it's only Republicans that get this type of question.) Some candidates have handled it better than others. Trump was probably right about most of those names not being around by the time he takes office. At this point in the campaign it doesn't matter anyway.

BTW, Reagan had the best answer of all when he said, "It doesn't matter whether I know their names, but they better know mine." Originally Posted by gfejunkie
Yes actually, at this point in the campaign it does matter. I'm not looking for the candidate who can embrace mediocrity with gusto. I'm not looking for a candidate who has to turn ignorance into a virtue, or who's approach to foreign policy is to hire the right people because its all just so darned confusing.

When I can watch an interview and scream at the TV "he's the leader of Hezbollah you idiot!", then I know I'm not looking at a candidate who represents the best and the brightest. I don't expect Trump or any other candidate to be an expert on foreign policy, or to be an expert on any particular subject. But I do expect any man or woman who is asking to be trusted with the awesome responsibility of leading this country to show some engagement, some initiative, and at the absolute least, have the necessary knowledge to discuss foreign affairs intelligently, even if they don't yet know enough about the major players on the world stage to deliver a dissertation on foreign policy.

Trump doesn't have that, and if his preparations to be taken seriously didn't include at least a crash course on foreign affairs, then his preparation is piss poor at best. Trump is, at best, a one trick pony. He does not come close to representing the best this country has to offer.

And while I am at it, I am really sick of hearing the phrase "gotcha questions". Its not a gotcha question when the interviewer is attempting to ascertain, on behalf of the voting public, the level and depth of a candidate's knowledge and preparedness to LEAD. It is not a gotcha question to expect a candidate to either disavow their own words spoken in haste, or back them up and stand by them.

If you know nothing about foreign policy and do not wish to look like a fool for it, then don't run for President.

If you want to open your mouth and allow a sewer to run from it in place of intelligent discourse, but can't handle being called out about it, then don't run for President.
Cool your jets.
There's plenty of time.
If you want to open your mouth and allow a sewer to run from it in place of intelligent discourse, but can't handle being called out about it, then don't run for President. Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
I think you have a point there ....

Republicans constantly tell all and sundry how much smarter they are than anyone else, but if there is a question posed to them they have no answer for it is a "gotcha" question.
Republicans constantly tell all and sundry how much smarter they are than anyone else, but if there is a question posed to them they have no answer for it is a "gotcha" question. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
eehhhbuhhhrrrrr is a "independent" 0zombie who luvs him some walrus, kind of like...

BTW, Reagan had the best answer of all when he said, "It doesn't matter whether I know their names, but they better know mine." Originally Posted by gfejunkie
Only republicans? What about Wasserman and not being able to describe liberalism? You lying shitsipper. I guess it was a vast left wing conspiracy, right shitbird?
Cool your jets.
There's plenty of time. Originally Posted by gfejunkie
Call that hooker the bus, cuz she just took your ass to school. I guess the responses don't matter for the republican candidate, right?
Republicans constantly tell all and sundry how much smarter they are than anyone else, but if there is a question posed to them they have no answer for it is a "gotcha" question. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Yep. And Trump is constantly crowing about how much smarter and better he is than anyone else. He's full of shit, like most of these republicunt turds on here.