Harassing Text Messages

You don't have to tell someone you are armed sc

ShinyTurd and SissyLips ....
Registering your hands as deadly weapons? I own a number of firearms....never had to register those. I'm a trained fighter.....never had to register my hands, feet, knees, shins, forearms, or elbows. Perhaps I need to go talk to my instructors and see if there's some secret club I'm missing out on on a public and legal level. Where would one register their body parts as weapons? I need to see this.
I have heard if you have won mma tournaments your hands can be declared deadly weapons now as far as them being registered in tx im not sure on that as tx declares anything that could injure a person a deadly weapon even a stick lol...i think it varies by state. And youd have to be like bruce lee bad .. Now i know before engaging you do have to declare you are a trained mma fighter the rest is the other parties choice
Having a hard time following your statement. How can you know this to be true in Guam? That is like way out in left field. Guam? Have you been there? Well regardless if you know it to be true Guam then why ask How do you let them know?

Simple..same as you would with any other weapon. Hey I'm armed. Or My hands are lethal. Lol but if you've done that then you've done your due diligence. Pretty simple Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
There is a law. In Guam. Similar to what you state. That's the only place I have ever heard of it being even close to true.

You don't have to tell someone you have a gun on you if you're licensed to carry...you don't have to tell anyone about your training.

Guam Code Ann. § 62100: Any person who is an expert in the art of karate or judo, or any similar physical art in which the hands and feet are used as deadly weapons, is required to register with the Department of Revenue and Taxation.
You don't have to tell someone you are armed sc Originally Posted by tbone2u

where did i say or even imply that?
Registering your hands as deadly weapons? I own a number of firearms....never had to register those. I'm a trained fighter.....never had to register my hands, feet, knees, shins, forearms, or elbows. Perhaps I need to go talk to my instructors and see if there's some secret club I'm missing out on on a public and legal level. Where would one register their body parts as weapons? I need to see this. Originally Posted by bigwill832

Being a trained fighter and a pro are probably two different things. Besides the precedent has been set.

Texas’ penal code defines deadly weapon as follows – (A) a firearm or anything manifestly designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of inflicting death or serious bodily injury; or
(B) anything that in the manner of its use or intended use is capable of causing death or serious bodily injury.
Mixed Martial Artist’s Hands Deemed “Deadly Weapons” in Texas Assault Case

https://combatsportslaw.com/2015/11/...-assault-case/

Had he given them a warning and registered his hands he might not have caught this case.
I feel like someone watched ConAir one too many times.
There is a law. In Guam. Similar to what you state. That's the only place I have ever heard of it being even close to true.

You don't have to tell someone you have a gun on you if you're licensed to carry...you don't have to tell anyone about your training.

Guam Code Ann. § 62100: Any person who is an expert in the art of karate or judo, or any similar physical art in which the hands and feet are used as deadly weapons, is required to register with the Department of Revenue and Taxation. Originally Posted by B Three

Think anecdote.
Fucking Tebow.....
  • pxmcc
  • 03-06-2019, 08:38 PM
I am a trained MMA Fighter, I carry, and I’ve seen combat. Add that to me being a sick degenerate fuck who likes to eat ass and fuck throats and midget clown hookers. What’s there to fear. Originally Posted by junglemonkey
noice..
Being a trained fighter and a pro are probably two different things. Besides the precedent has been set.

Mixed Martial Artist’s Hands Deemed “Deadly Weapons” in Texas Assault Case

https://combatsportslaw.com/2015/11/...-assault-case/

Had he given them a warning and registered his hands he might not have caught this case. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel

That's a convoluted case from jump. He plead guilty then got an appeal.

The "victim" was a cop who suffered a burst bursa and subsequent staph infection. The charges were elevated apparently after the infection. Dude was a MMA fighter. There is some confusion as to what he was told if he plead out of a trial. He plead on another charge from the same incident, Aggravated assault/machete, which he used on the dude he beat up. So they used the machete to elevate the first charge. Piling on like they do they heaped that stupid hands thing on the Assaulting a police officer charge. The appeal document makes it sound like the machete was just a convenient tool to drop the "aggravated" charge. He beat the guy up with his hands more than using a machete. If the hands were so deadly why not use them as the weapon instead?

At any rate, based on the appeal documents, it doesn't appear he was the sharpest knife in the drawer and probably thought(my opinion) it would boost his cred if he had an assault charge elevated to aggravated and his hands listed as the weapon then figured he's get probation or something. Dumb ass if you ask me. Probably hit too many times in the head.

Because he plead guilty it doesn't hold up very well to judicial scrutiny.

On it's own it's a weak precedent.

What you left out was the last three paragraphs of the article.

Update – A quick shout out to Michael Martin, JD, Content Manager at DTLA’s Strong Sports Gym, who brought Turner v. State, 664 SW 2d 86 (90) to my attention in which the Texas judiciary had the following to say about whether fists or hands are a deadly weapon under Texas’ penal code –
In Ray v. State, 160 Tex.Crim. R., 266 S.W.2d 124 (1954), a murder case, the court held that hands and feet, which defendant, according to the indictment, used in killing the deceased, were not “deadly weapons” per se and they could become such only in the manner used.
Likewise in the instant case, and under the 1974 Penal Code, we conclude that a fist or hand are not “deadly weapons” per se but can become such only in the manner used depending upon the evidence shown.

This dissertation should clear things up nicely.

https://digitalcommons.law.villanova...3&context=mslj

Toward the end it explains the Guam law. The intent of registration is to put the fighter on notice that he could be held to a higher standard. It gives prosecutors more leeway in arguing that the pro martial artist/boxer should better know the damage he can do than a lay person. It's kind of like holding a professional truck driver to a higher standard over someone who only holds a class C license. It's their job to know.
Thank you, Cat Daddy!
So in the end I'm right. Ok carry on. The point is if it wasnt for me yall would have no clue about these things. Show some gratitude. I taught you something you didn't know.;-)
Speaking of "Not the sharpest knife in the drawer"...