Dangerously Close to Religion

i am going to have to check out this place in Wharton. I am more of a sausage man.... who has the best sausage?
i am going to have to check out this place in Wharton. I am more of a sausage man.... who has the best sausage? Originally Posted by windowshopper
Ask chicago sun. He knows who has the best sausage.
Probably did. I like mine spicy or a bit tangy vs sweet. Even though I love your avatar.......I have to call you on this one . Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
Pierson home made BBQ sauce is just that tangy and spicey
Olivia since your planning a party you can purchase a whole brisket for 49$ and a slab of ribs for 22$ and home made sausage at 9.50 a lb.
Call early Pierson's runs out quick.
Pierson home made BBQ sauce is just that tangy and spicey
Olivia since your planning a party you can purchase a whole brisket for 49$ and a slab of ribs for 22$ and home made sausage at 9.50 a lb.
Call early Pierson's runs out quick. Originally Posted by carkido45
A Brisket, slab of ribs and 10 lbs of sausage should last ME most of the weekend.....
I'm still a fan of Otto's Barbeque on Memorial Drive.
Oh yeah Pierson's BBQ chicken is some the best but you have to pay and sign up a day or so ahead of time and they only smoke the chickens on fridayand Saturday.
It's hard to beat Gabby's. The BBQ sauce is tangy, the way I like it. I think the prices are fairly reasonable too. Good luck with your party, Olivia. I'm guessing my invitation will be in tomorrow's mail.
TopCat
Drexler's World Famous Bbq

no longer open but they were the best if you had ever been there. Clyde Drexler's Dad could work some BBQ
It's hard to beat Gabby's. The BBQ sauce is tangy, the way I like it. I think the prices are fairly reasonable too. Good luck with your party, Olivia. I'm guessing my invitation will be in tomorrow's mail.
TopCat Originally Posted by topcat19542001
Topcat just bought my dinner at Panchos, so what do we know about quality food........., but here goes.

My prime barbecue spots.

Best brisket goes to Midway off old 90 in Katy Texas. They used to serve at the old store and butcher shop, but they moved about a quarter mile down the road and now have a stand alone store.

Doziers in Fulshear has real good food.

When working Wharton, I like Hinzes on US 59, same for working Sealy, I like Hinzes just off I10.

Freeport, Lake Jackson, and Clute work will find me at Brians about a quarter mile off Plantation in Clute.

Pasadena is gifted with two pretty good spots, the best being No name, just closely followed by Blue Ribbon. No name is near Pasadena Blvd and 225, while Blue Ribbon is near 225 and Beltway 8.

LaPorte is covered by Hoppes on Spencer Hwy.

The NASA area has a real good spot just off Old Galveston and NASA RD 1, its one block west of OGR and 1 block north of NASA Rd 1. I forget the name.

If you're out in the Mont Belvieu area, right near the intersection of FM 1409 and FM 565 N, there is a real good spot, no dining room.

In Magnolia, there is a real good place, also outdoor eating, that is right next to the rail road tracks, like the one near Mont Belvieu, I don't remember the name, just remember how to get there.

On Voss near Woodway, I really like Bakers.

Like Topcat, I love the all you can eat ribs at Gabby's on Saturdays.
For dry ribs I am still waiting for someone in Houston (or anywhere close) to compete with The Rendezvous in Memphis

Shockingly Luthers on Buffalo Speedway USED to have awesome ribs in October (all you can eat for like 10-12 buck) but they weren't that good any other time - must have imported a different cook for that month each year.

I am STILL looking for great ribs in Houston. I will try those places VERY soon.....

Any other great Rib suggestions? Originally Posted by CivilBarrister
Ditto on Rendezvous! OMG CB,, have we met in a privious life? First we share a love for Kama Sutra Sweet Almond Massage Oil and now Rendezvous Rub.. The local HEB Market where I shop carries the Rub and Mop,, I use to have to order it online to get it.... Great stuff!!!
Beef and Bun on Longpoint
Ditto on Rendezvous! OMG CB,, have we met in a privious life? First we share a love for Kama Sutra Sweet Almond Massage Oil and now Rendezvous Rub.. The local HEB Market where I shop carries the Rub and Mop,, I use to have to order it online to get it.... Great stuff!!! Originally Posted by AlexisSoftTouch
I will try it; I get the Rendezvous to send me their rub....YUMMMMMMY
This is a problem with no easy solution. Whenever I make bar-b-q my mission I am usually disappointed. By far the very best dozen bar-b-q meals I have et have been serendipitous roadside vendor finds. Usually I'm alone because whenever there are passengers almost invariably there will be at least one pussy objecting on sanitary grounds.

A couple years ago a retired provider and I spent a month in Italy and one of the best surprises for me was beaucoup highway vendors selling porchetta, which I guess is like bar-b-q to them. Mighty good eating. At the first one my travel buddy declined, but I screwed up and gave her a chaw, which she liked so much we had to turn around and go back for more. Which ain't all that easy on them Italian highways. But we did. And after that it was hard to get her to eat anything else.

A couple years ago a retired provider and I spent a month in Italy Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak
How AWESOME.....a month in Italy
How AWESOME.....a month in Italy Originally Posted by CivilBarrister

Not real expensive either. Rented a cool little apartment where we could cook .. tiny little hilltop town, all the citizens loved Americans...maybe that's because we were the only ones around. It was fun just going to make groceries .... rented a little Fiat diesel, cool little ride, and I was overjoyed because in Italy she wasn't too young to list as a driver on the rental agreement. Thank goodness, put them young eyes to work. Guess what: it was a manual transmission, and she had never driven one. Normally she's an ultra-quick study on new skills, but this one stymied her and scared hell out of me bucking down the autostrada.

We rented the apartment and ride through an outfit called UNTOURS. They are very inexpensive and the real deal....

We got all our porchetta from roadside vendors, yanked straight off the deceased hog.