Felony Murder

• Tiny
  • 06-17-2020, 10:33 PM
Git yer shittin' britches on. There will no way this doesn't piss off a large portion of the population.

Time to consider central American countries. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I've been researching this, not because of BLM but rather extortionate tax rates that will come into effect when Democrats control the House, the Senate and the presidency. For the male eccie users may I suggest one of the following options. You can obtain residency in any of these places cheaply and quickly and they don't tax foreign income. The cost of living is much lower than the USA. The cost of first class poontang is lower too.

Panama City, Panama - Great night life. A cosmopolitan city where you can rub shoulders with money launderers and narcotraficantes from all over Latin America. The Panamanian woman is not particularly attractive, but there are stunning hookers from Venezuela, Colombia, and the Dominican Republic. Actually the most beautiful women in this country are the hookers. Habanos is the go to place for beautiful free lancers. And there are lots of other options - high end strip bars, low end brothels, and massage parlors.

Jaco, Costa Rica -- Looking for a place on the beach where the cost of living won't eat you up? Then pick Jaco or someplace nearby. Whores come here from all over Costa Rica. They might not be quite in the class with the Panamanian hookers but they're damn nice. The pool area at the Hotel Cocal is ground zero for the action. You can find it as well at nightclubs around time during late night hours.

San Jose Costa Rica -- Want to live in Central America but you don't like stifling heat? Think about San Jose. Pick a location at higher altitude like the San Antonio de Escazu neighborhood and you'll have perfect weather, except for torrential rain from time to time and the mosquitos and dengue fever that come with it. It's not as cosmopolitan as Panama City, but still has all the conveniences of a modern third world city. And a good health care system, with life expectancy longer than the USA. The Hotel Del Rey has the best free lancers. There are massage parlors all over town that offer excellent value, and some good strip bars too.
I've been researching this, not because of BLM but rather extortionate tax rates that will come into effect when Democrats control the House, the Senate and the presidency. For the male eccie users may I suggest one of the following options. You can obtain residency in any of these places cheaply and quickly and they don't tax foreign income. The cost of living is much lower than the USA. The cost of first class poontang is lower too.

Panama City, Panama - Great night life. A cosmopolitan city where you can rub shoulders with money launderers and narcotraficantes from all over Latin America. The Panamanian woman is not particularly attractive, but there are stunning hookers from Venezuela, Colombia, and the Dominican Republic. Actually the most beautiful women in this country are the hookers. Habanos is the go to place for beautiful free lancers. And there are lots of other options - high end strip bars, low end brothels, and massage parlors.

Jaco, Costa Rica -- Looking for a place on the beach where the cost of living won't eat you up? Then pick Jaco or someplace nearby. Whores come here from all over Costa Rica. They might not be quite in the class with the Panamanian hookers but they're damn nice. The pool area at the Hotel Cocal is ground zero for the action. You can find it as well at nightclubs around time during late night hours.

San Jose Costa Rica -- Want to live in Central America but you don't like stifling heat? Think about San Jose. Pick a location at higher altitude like the San Antonio de Escazu neighborhood and you'll have perfect weather, except for torrential rain from time to time and the mosquitos and dengue fever that come with it. It's not as cosmopolitan as Panama City, but still has all the conveniences of a modern third world city. And a good health care system, with life expectancy longer than the USA. The Hotel Del Rey has the best free lancers. There are massage parlors all over town that offer excellent value, and some good strip bars too. Originally Posted by Tiny
They'll have fun ripping you off 'Gringo"
  • oeb11
  • 06-18-2020, 08:21 AM
Thanks Tiny - may be time to either plan to escape the oncoming civil war ( although the American hemisphere may be too smell to escape the effects)
Or arm and plan to die with boots on resisting the revolutionaries.
  • oeb11
  • 06-18-2020, 08:23 AM
I agree, that was pitiful. He made so many incorrect statements and I think misstated a few laws to boot. I hope the trial is televised. Originally Posted by HedonistForever

most Da's do not try cases personally - perhaps Howard will try these police cases personally .
That might be very interesting.

DA under investigation for sexual harassment and fund irregularities trying the cops.
most Da's do not try cases personally - perhaps Howard will try these police cases personally . Originally Posted by oeb11
That's certainly true of the "big cities"! Has this one tried any?

It probably won't come up for trial until after the upcoming elections.

Then it might get knocked down to an overparking ticket for his patrol unit with minimal fine.
I would think in an alternate universe, the cop could beat this charge but in Atlanta with BLM now running the show in America, he doesn't have a prayer.

My guess he will settle for 20 years if the DA will make the deal and I doubt he will be in the mood to when he thinks ( from what he said at his news conference ) that he thinks he has a slam dunk and on 8 counts, some of which could get him 20 years alone, I think he does.

What was interesting and telling from the news conference was how the DA made a big case out of how Brooks was so co-operative, as if "there was no reason to shot a man that was co-operating". I thought I was listening to Chung Tran for petes sake.

UH! Mr. DA, you left out the part about resisting arrest, assaulting police and firing a Taser at the police!

Get this, the DA says, "you can see from this picture that the cartridges from the Taser Mr. Brooks fired were going over the head of the cop and would not have hit him". Excuse me? And the cop was suppose to know that before firing?

Bad news for the cop is that there is a blink of an eye in time after Brooks fired and missed and the cop shot. If I was the defense attorney, I would make the case that in the heat of the moment, it wasn't enough time to decide that no bodily injury to the cop would occur which is necessary for the defense of use of deadly force.

The DA will say that there was enough time and after not being hit with the Taser, the cop should have known there was no additional "injurious" force coming at him and should not have fired.

While all that might have a chance of a winning argument, yelling "I got him" what lawyers call an "excited utterance" which can be used against "state of mind" that the cop was pleased, excited by what he had just done and the coup de gras, the cop appears to have kicked Brooks while he was laying shot on the ground. The jury isn't about to let that slide and that could get him 20 years on just that count.

Then there is the assault with a deadly weapon against 2 civilians sitting in a car when one of the bullets fired hit the car.

A Georgia law that I was not familiar with apparently ( according to the DA) says that a cop may not fire a Taser at a suspect running away from him and if a cop can't fire a Taser (which apparently the cop did ) he sure as hell can't fire his gun.

Another apparent law which sounds a bit iffy to me, is that a Georgia cop must "immediately" tell a suspect why he is being arrested, which sounds to me like that means before you attempt to put on the cuffs and the cop didn't do this. From years and years of watching cops on TV, no law like this was ever mentioned, as a matter of fact, the opposite was said hundreds of times that either the cop would explain things after the cuffs are on or that the cop had no duty to explain why he was being arrested at all.

I would always think "And if you don't like why you are being arrested, you object and that changes things? Really? If you have a better understanding of the law than the cop, in your opinion, he can't arrest you?

The other cop put his foot in it literally, when he can be seen standing on Brook's shoulder like he is making sure he can't get up. Apparently that is against the law and both waiting to long, in the opinion of the DA, to "render aid". I think it was 2 minutes and 13 seconds.

So, that's the case in a nut shell. Step up if you want to play lawyer. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
He is fucked if he goes to jail but I'm pretty sure he can get black police experts to fully endorse what he did. With the right jury he could be found not guilty. If I were on the jury it would be either not guilty or mistrial.

So he should roll the dice and hope white people riot if he loses and break him out of jail.

If I were him and got convicted I would ask for a gun and a bullet.

If I were an Atlanta Police Officer I would get my twenty and quit, then write scathing postings anonymously on an internet hooker board!
.... but I'm pretty sure he can get black police experts to fully endorse what he did. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Not sure what an "expert" is, but many Black current and former officers and former brass have at a minimum have said the DA should have waited until a full investigation report is released and should then take it to the grand jury .... and I've heard a number who made the call that his conduct was acceptable based on what the accused officer experienced, saw, and heard. All I heard said this was NOT a "Floyd" type incident.

The DA is a RACIST! And trying to appease the MOB.
  • Tiny
  • 06-18-2020, 11:09 AM
Thanks Tiny - may be time to either plan to escape the oncoming civil war ( although the American hemisphere may be too smell to escape the effects)
Or arm and plan to die with boots on resisting the revolutionaries. Originally Posted by oeb11
Yes Oeb, it's always good to have a back up plan.
  • Tiny
  • 06-18-2020, 11:09 AM
They'll have fun ripping you off 'Gringo" Originally Posted by Levianon17
I've spent several months in those countries and other than a dollar here and there to taxi drivers the only people who ripped me off were gringos.
I've spent several months in those countries and other than a dollar here and there to taxi drivers the only people who ripped me off were gringos. Originally Posted by Tiny
Yeah sure.
....the only people who ripped me off were gringos. Originally Posted by Tiny
You should avoid Gringos hanging out in foreign countries. Why do you think they're hanging out there?
The Atlanta DA is totally incompetent AND a criminal himself. Both cops will walk and Atlanta will be gone with the wind.,AGAIN!
  • oeb11
  • 06-18-2020, 04:05 PM
If One thinks the riots that have already gone on were rough - Wait till an Atlanta Jury gives a not Guilty verdict - in accordance with the law - and watch the OBLM and their antiFa handlers riot - Atlanta will burn Again.
Atlanta will see the second coming of General Sherman if he gets off. I actually think he can beat felony murder with the right jury but that is a really big if because the burning of Atlanta will be on the minds of those jurors.

I've got exhibit "A" for the defense. I mentioned it before but leave it to Fox news to come up with the demonstrable evidence that the DA doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground or just outright lied to get a conviction. A couple of weeks ago, the DA gave a news conference on another case and says for the world to see and hear, that a Taser under Georgia law, is a lethal weapon. Now in the Brooks case he is arguing the exact opposite. It's a good day when the DA provides the reasonable doubt you need to get your client off.
Atlanta will see the second coming of General Sherman if he gets off. I actually think he can beat felony murder with the right jury but that is a really big if because the burning of Atlanta will be on the minds of those jurors.

I've got exhibit "A" for the defense. I mentioned it before but leave it to Fox news to come up with the demonstrable evidence that the DA doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground or just outright lied to get a conviction. A couple of weeks ago, the DA gave a news conference on another case and says for the world to see and hear, that a Taser under Georgia law, is a lethal weapon. Now in the Brooks case he is arguing the exact opposite. It's a good day when the DA provides the reasonable doubt you need to get your client off. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
The correct legal phrase is "deadly weapon" ...

.... not "lethal weapon" ... there is a serious distinction.

If someone on Fox News said "a lethal weapon" ... that's not what the DA said.

Here's what I posted in the other thread:

Pointing a deadly weapon at an officer gets a JUSTIFIABLE deadly response! Pulling the trigger shows the INTENT TO SHOOT THE COP!

It was pointed out that THIS DA just a few weeks ago called a Tazer a "deadly weapon"! If he tries the case, the Judge should allow that statement into evidence particularly if that stupid Racist asshole decides to try the case.

Quote:
Georgia Penal Code § 16-5-21. Aggravated assault
Universal Citation: GA Code § 16-5-21 (2017)
(a) A person commits the offense of aggravated assault when he or she assaults:
(2) With a deadly weapon or with any object, device, or instrument which, when used offensively against a person, is likely to or actually does result in serious bodily injury;
Perhaps the DA needs to get shot with a Tazer once or twice. Before he reads some law:

Quote:
Reynolds v. State 668 S.E.2d 846 (2008)
With respect to Tazers .... people have died from being shot with a Tazer ... just like with pepper spray.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/po...ers-since-2000

Then he can read the above article and MANY MORE. How many arrestees have died from "chokeholds"?

And while we are looking at stats ...

https://www.theroot.com/here-s-how-m...ink-1841183889
.............................. ........End of material from other thread I posted.

The distinction is important because of the burden of proof ...
... an item can be proven to be a "deadly weapon" by virtue of it's use where as a firearm is considered inherently a "deadly weapon" but a Tazer is not a "firearm" per se. There have been plenty of instances in which a person shot with a Tazer died, but the cause of death was from the serious bodily injury caused by the Tazer that aggravated a pre-existing condition e.g. frail heart from "heart disease" being stopped by the fright or jolt from being struck.

The same can be said for pepper spray.

At the moment of the decision making to discharge the officer almost always has no clue about any life-threatening pre-existing condition...and depending on the reason for discharging it might not matter anyway if they did ... "heart disease" is not a defense or excuse to assault (or even disobey an officer's command to turn around for cuffing the suspect) an officer.

Item #2 above in the quoted Georgia law provides the classic Model Penal Code definition of a "deadly weapon" ... and the case I cited explains why Georgia has no definition in the statute.

A "sock" has been determined to be "deadly weapon" in Texas based on its manner of use: stuffing it down a young lady's throat before she was sexually assaulted and left to die from suffocation from the sock stuck in her throat while "hog tied" and unable to remove it.