Help the farmers; fuck the hungry

Let them eat cake!
Why specifically are you opposed to breaking the food stamp program out to stand on its own?
The food stamp program is about 80% of the farm bill; splitting it out is a good thing. But it will make it more difficult for GOP congressmen to accomplish major reforms; they will be voting yes or no to "starve the poor", is how the media will get to frame any reform debate.......

IMO, that charge, although phony, would be more difficult to stick on Congressmen when food stamps were part of a larger farm spending bill that incorporated reforms.

I personally like Rep. Gohmert's proposal = separate out all welfare spending bills and require each one to come up renewal annually, with congressional review and oversight by a single committee.
Breaking it out will be a good thing. I doubt any one is going to vote to starve the poor. Hopefully the point of the Repubs is to actually now, reform the law and get rid of the fraud and abuse of the programs, which if successful will end up as a cut in spending of taxpayers dollars on booze and other purchases not intended by these programs.

The problems the Repubs face is the same they always have, that although their interests may be well guided, once attacked, they usually lack the intelligence to thoughtfully portray the problem.
  • Doove
  • 07-15-2013, 06:54 PM
I doubt any one is going to vote to starve the poor. Originally Posted by nwarounder
Boyz, boyz,boyz...cut the penny ante crap. Fix the DoD budget first. Like bank robbers, go where the money is.
Bump