What? No discussion about robots killing people?

Must be nice to be able to sum up the world's problems in a tweet sized statement. Or to be able to assign all those problems to liberal causes or liberal lack of logic. All without offering any solutions of your own.
It keeps that personal responsibility beast off your back. Because if everything is their fault then none of it is yours. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman

Like a seagull... you walk, squawk, shit and eat

fucken 0zombie
It's a very short leap from "to save cop lives" to kill this guy with a robot to "to save agents lives" to pre emptively drone a us citizen on us soil. Maybe not for you and me, but for the guys holding the buttons. Originally Posted by gnadfly
So a dead cop is a fair price to pay for the peace of mind that a tool the government already has, won't be used against you?

I disagree about the distance of the leap between the steps. There are walls between them. The guy pushing buttons doesn't decide the targets and you will only hear about the third instance if they fuck up.

The only thing keeping them from using them in the US on US citizens is the same thing that always has. Themselves, current regulations, and the fear of exposure/repercussions.

The robot exists. The government has them.

Using a weapon to save the good guys? Every department should have one.
If they can use a robot to kill someone, they can use a robot to immobilize or disable someone. Killing does not have to always be the answer. I'm not going to fault the police in this situation, but in the future, alternatives should be considered and utilized.
Like a seagull... you walk, squawk, shit and eat

fucken 0zombie Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
I can't wait to watch you chew my cud for another 4 to 8 years. Your bovine face tight, your brown eyes crossed in consternation as you wonder which 3 bulls will mount you tonight.
Then you relax and smile. Because it doesn't matter which 3 bulls it is. As long as there is at least 3 of them.

Just knowing there is a video watching douche-bag without a thought of his own, just languishing in ignorance and squalor while waiting on his government check, the same check he deems others as unworthy of, makes my day.

You have long passed your apogee and are only waiting on a rapidly approaching reentry.
You and jim can glow together.
Jesus. No class guys.

Go out and hang you a Neegraa and get it over with. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Hanging is old school. We have Robots now.

Jim
If they can use a robot to kill someone, they can use a robot to immobilize or disable someone. Killing does not have to always be the answer. I'm not going to fault the police in this situation, but in the future, alternatives should be considered and utilized. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
That is like saying a cop should shoot to wound.
If they can use a robot to kill someone, they can use a robot to immobilize or disable someone. Killing does not have to always be the answer. I'm not going to fault the police in this situation, but in the future, alternatives should be considered and utilized. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Instead of a pound cut it back to a 1/4 pound.
That is like saying a cop should shoot to wound. Originally Posted by pyramider
Or better yet, shoot the gun out of his hand.
Or better yet, shoot the gun out of his hand. Originally Posted by Jackie S
real life is not a Western movie from the 50's
With a limited, select few they are not trained to kill either.

The "training standard" is to shoot to stop the immediate threat.... which is why weapon and ammunition selection is "reviewable" after a shooting.
real life is not a Western movie from the 50's Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY
That's right, and it isn't the same as sitting on the couch and playing a video game. There is no reset button in real life.

Face to face life and death situations are foriegn to the vast majority of the population. And, regardless of training, most never know how they will react in such a situation until faced with it.
I support the use of explosives to kill terrorists and criminals.
Yeah, Shoot to wound, that's just a lawsuit waiting to happen. That's why Tasers, Baton, chemical sprays are issued for non deadly force encounters.

Jim
I do have an issue with the militarization of our police. Using C4 kind of pushes that line. I remember the Phil. Police dropping a bomb on civilians in the 80's. Killed women & children, and burned down 63 homes. Sure they weren't going to take this guy alive, but using bombs opens up a new set of issues. Originally Posted by papadee
Yes, Philadelphia and MOVE. I remember that. Of course we can't forget Waco.
Yeah, Shoot to wound, that's just a lawsuit waiting to happen. That's why Tasers, Baton, chemical sprays are issued for non deadly force encounters.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
I saw that only once. A kidnapper was holding someone hostage on the street. You know, gun to the head, screaming he was going to shoot and all that. A police sniper shot the gun out of his hand...well shot him in the hand at the same time because he was not going to calm down and it was very public.