I LOVE FOOD!!!!!

Thanks for the butt kissing, BCG. Couldn't multi-quote on my iPhone. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
I only dream of kissing your delightful butt, Ginger (or any other part of your presumptively delightful anatomy). But of course, a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?

I was going to give you some crap about the inability to multi-quote, but IIRC I don't think my Android phone can do it, either (frankly, I've not tried ECCIE on my mobile yet, though I've posted to one of the STL boards using it), so you get a pass this time. And it takes me some effort to do that, since I so enjoy ribbing the Jobs cultists when I can.

Cheers,

bcg
Thank You SLA. The ones I watched being made, They had riced the potatoes added chorizo only pasted out. The spices I am unsure of. Chilled over night ,rolled in flour then dipped in egg then bread crumbs. Deep fried to perfection. yyuummm.
Tamales Tamales Tamales.......... Bring it on Ginger!!!
Mac could you please send me a printable version of that pic to tape on my fridge?
Fresh free range eggs are great, IF you can find a good provider.
Fresh free range eggs are great, IF you can find a good provider. Originally Posted by trubrit

WTF?
Fresh free range eggs are great, IF you can find a good provider. Originally Posted by trubrit
I have already found one.

She gives me free range eggs that are off white, dark brown and even some blue ones.

I dip venison steaks in the eggs, flour them up and then pan fry them.

I provide her with venison summer sausage made with ground venison, jalapenos and cheese. I also provider her with HOT seasoned breakfast sausage from wild feral hogs.

She's not too crazy about bacon grease, though.
I have a couple of people. One I work with, the other a close friend that I don't get to see too often unfortunately. The one I work with only brings eggs if regulars don"t want them, so I take 'em when I can. Nothing like the flavor of the free range eggs.
TATER TOT'S
Holy mother of madness. Was watching the food Channel. Unique foods. Theres a place in NY that serves Adult Tater Tots. Gus & Gabriells. I emailed for the reciepe. DENIED. LOL Guess I'll have to figure out a way to get there....Dont laugh..It could happen. Originally Posted by Pamelatoo
Pamela...you really need to come up to KC,,, go to Grinders home of the Tator Tot Pizza, it was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives....and it is awesome...that is for all of us tator tot freaks...
sorry if I am a bit late on this, been busy today!!
Bacon grease is the best for cooking all kinds of things, but especially eggs, sausage, also liver (who said yuk). Fry up a bunch of bacon (not too crispy). Put sliced onion in the pan (probably two onions) and cook until golden. Then put liver (calves liver) in seasoned flour. Make sure it's well covered. Then put the floured liver in the hot bacon grease. Don't over cook. Leave on one side until beads of blood rise through the flour, then flip it over for about the same cooking time, a bit longer if it's a thick cut. Get some potatoes boiling (sorry Pam, no tater totts on this one), mash with butter, seasoning. Use some of the bacon grease to make brown gravy. A third veggie is a good idea. Personally, I like brussel sprouts. Put the liver on the plate, cover with bacon and the onions. Put the mashed potatoes and brussels on the plate and cover the whole bloody lot with brown gravy. YUM YUM.
Bacon grease is the best for cooking all kinds of things, but especially eggs, sausage, also liver (who said yuk). Originally Posted by trubrit
I did.

I'm sorry, but the job description of "liver" is, in significant part, "removes poisons from the body". Once reading that part of the resume, my natural reaction is, "Why the fsck would I want to take that into my body?" For the same/similar reason I wouldn't eat kidney (for whom the job description is, "removes wastes from the blood"). But hey, if you like it, more power to you. I'm glad someone is eating it so I don't have to.

OTOH, agree completely with your assessment of bacon grease, which has a prominent place om my "If God made anything better than this, he kept it for himself" list.

Recently I have taken to humoring my doctor's delusion that he's under some obligation to keep me alive (what the hell, a disgruntled other doctor tried to blow my doctor up in his driveway and damn near succeeded; it isn't any skin off my teeth to keep him happy since he so graciously stayed alive for my sake), so I've drastically cut down on my bacon addiction. Can't cut it out completely, though. If I totally gave up bacon I wouldn't live longer. It'd only feel longer.

A third veggie is a good idea. Personally, I like brussel sprouts. Originally Posted by trubrit
Nothin' personal, but remind me not to accept an invite to dinner at your house. At least not without veto power over the menu.

Cheers,

bcg
TATER TOT'S
Holy mother of madness. Was watching the food Channel. Unique foods. Theres a place in NY that serves Adult Tater Tots. Gus & Gabriells. I emailed for the reciepe. DENIED. LOL Guess I'll have to figure out a way to get there....Dont laugh..It could happen. Originally Posted by Pamelatoo
If you find out how to do it. can I be your model?
Anyone up for some Boudain?
Okay before anyone says EEWWWWWa. I have been dying for some hogheads cheese. I have attempted to make it many times only for it to turn out a pork pate. I cant get my gel right. Any foodies out there with a tip?
I am so missin my coonass family right now.
Ok, lol bcg now we know your a city boy. Liver and kidney is cooked. I see where sushi is on your menu. Fish swim in there own pee. And sushi is raw right? Just mess'n with ya.

I did.

I'm sorry, but the job description of "liver" is, in significant part, "removes poisons from the body". Once reading that part of the resume, my natural reaction is, "Why the fsck would I want to take that into my body?" For the same/similar reason I wouldn't eat kidney (for whom the job description is, "removes wastes from the blood"). But hey, if you like it, more power to you. I'm glad someone is eating it so I don't have to.

OTOH, agree completely with your assessment of bacon grease, which has a prominent place om my "If God made anything better than this, he kept it for himself" list.

Recently I have taken to humoring my doctor's delusion that he's under some obligation to keep me alive (what the hell, a disgruntled other doctor tried to blow my doctor up in his driveway and damn near succeeded; it isn't any skin off my teeth to keep him happy since he so graciously stayed alive for my sake), so I've drastically cut down on my bacon addiction. Can't cut it out completely, though. If I totally gave up bacon I wouldn't live longer. It'd only feel longer.

Nothin' personal, but remind me not to accept an invite to dinner at your house. At least not without veto power over the menu.

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
Ok, lol bcg now we know your a city boy. Originally Posted by Sonoman
And an unregenerate Yankee. I'm surprised I haven't been deported yet.

Liver and kidney is cooked. I see where sushi is on your menu. Fish swim in there own pee. And sushi is raw right? Just mess'n with ya. Originally Posted by Sonoman
Depends. Not all sushi is raw. Then again, though, I do eat sashimi, which is raw fish (for the most part), so yeah.

Most of it being muscle tissue, though, and not organs which remove poisons or waste from the body, I stand my my original objections.

At any rate, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Cheers,

bcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by trubrit
A third veggie is a good idea. Personally, I like brussel sprouts.

Mr.Chan will come. Excuse please, could we have rice? Will bring six pack of TsingTao.
Beg most humbly pardon of illustrious gentlemen. Is true that liver detoxify and clean body of impurities. Thus natural poisons are at least chemically inert and rendered harmless, and if like, quite tasty. Fugu, anyone?

And an unregenerate Yankee. I'm surprised I haven't been deported yet.

Depends. Not all sushi is raw. Then again, though, I do eat sashimi, which is raw fish (for the most part), so yeah.

Most of it being muscle tissue, though, and not organs which remove poisons or waste from the body, I stand my my original objections.

At any rate, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy