Craft beer

• klutz
  • 09-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Nice.... I'm impressed... kinda thought this thread wouldnt get a post and would get buried in a day.

I've actually gotten my friends to start enjoying the good stuff... we'll have parties where you're only admitted within the door if you have a certain type of brew... Texas beers, a certain flavor, a certain brewer, etc.

Had a 512 Pecan the other day right out of the cask... some of the best stuff I've ever had!

I may go right out of the keg one day, but I'm still enjoying bottling the stuff... I actually dont use the bottles that comes in the kit, I re-use Duvel bottles that have the ceramic top and the wire latch... makes me feel like a classy fucker. And good call... I think the Mr Beer kit may go in the trash soon and I'll just have to raid Defalco's...

Anyway... good to hear we have some beer snobs around here!
  • Trey
  • 09-14-2012, 10:32 PM
I know its kinda a homer thing but one of my favorite beers is the ruby red bird from shiner. But I think last year was a better batch. I don't like IPA beer too musky for me I like stouts. I had a creamer on one keg that would give me that Guinness style pour.

If you still use Mr beer the upgrade to five gallons at a time you gotta have like 50 bottles or so. You may want to go gangsta style get some 40oz bottles hehe. Keggers and bottlers always kinda argue what's better. The lazy man gets the keg, guess I'm lazy.

You know another great beer is "Taiwan beer", yep that's the full name. I've only found it at 99ranch on blalock and I ten. It's thick and rich great on a hot day and you can go get some crawfish in the same place and drink it.
  • klutz
  • 09-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Naw, not homer at all... I appreciate the hell out of Shiner... somehow they found a way to make a Bock that regular people can enjoy... really amazes me how far they have come. Damn good beer. Had some Shiner Wild Hare the other day... it's supposed to be their replacement for the 101 I think... not too shabby. Shiner Ocktoberfest isnt too bad either.

I'm with you... I'm not much of a fan of IPA's... fuck's me up pretty fast lol... I love me some Porters tho.

Good call... bottling is a pain in the ass... I may have to go that route... because the more of a hassle that it is, the less likely that I will do it... lol.

No kidding? Never heard of it... may have to try.... I actually had some of that Hoegaarden while I was in Thailand... I gagged and nearly shot myself when I got home and found out it was made by Anheuser... I dont know how up you are on current events but I'm pretty much refusing to buy anything made by a major brand... Bud and Miller spend so much money keeping the little guys down that I just wont give them my money anymore.... ever see Beer Wars? F'ing bs... those guys spend so much on lobbyists trying to make legislation stay in their favor, screwing over the little breweries... assholes.

Today I hit up a local store and bought some Sam Adams Pumpkin Harvest and some Abita Pecan.... I love the fall...

By the way... there's an app for your phone called 'Untappd'... anyway, you can use it to share what beer you're having with friends and it even gives you suggestions on what beers you should try according to your preferences... I dont always use it but when I go to Spec's and I look for something different, I check it out.... it hasnt steered me wrong yet.
I used to know a guy who made his own meed. He was serious meed maker. He would 5 gallon plastic containers in different flavors.

When I tried the meed at Specs, I did not like it. Once you get a taste of home made meed, the store bought will disgust you.

Now I like Bud Light Lime.
  • klutz
  • 09-16-2012, 12:13 AM

Now I like Bud Light Lime. Originally Posted by mikkifine
  • Trey
  • 09-16-2012, 08:38 PM
To say how much you like mead then to bring up lime flavored beer is just not right. Bet you like that margarita in a can shit too.

If you go to specs to get a mead get the one with the mulling spice you will warm it up with the spice. It's real good on a cold day, don't say I never helped you out
  • klutz
  • 09-16-2012, 10:18 PM
^^^ +1

Mikki... I have a list that I'd like you to try out next time you go to Spec's... you'll thank me later.

-Framboise Lambic Beer - any flavor... tastes like a fruity wine
-Monk's Cafe - it's a sour
-Liefmans Cuvee Brut - another sour... tastes amazing
Okay Klutz, I will put it in my shopping list for next time.
Bud light lime? Really?
I have never allowed that shit to pass my lips.
Gimmick beers.... Gimme a break.
Fyi, i told y'all earlier I'm a beer snob.
That shit might as well be piss.
  • Trey
  • 09-17-2012, 08:19 PM
See when you drink bad beer lady you get the ban. Hahahahahahahaha. Lime beer hahahahahaha!! I point at you while I go Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha!!!!!
See when you drink bad beer lady you get the ban. Hahahahahahahaha. Lime beer hahahahahaha!! I point at you while I go Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha!!!!! Originally Posted by trey
I thought you were above "Gloating"........ Hahaha! Guess not....
  • Pyle1
  • 09-17-2012, 08:44 PM
I love a good beer, and I used to do all grain brewing and enter homebrewing contests. I am not saying I could do this now, but there was a time when I could sample a microbrew and with some degree of accuracy tell you what hops were used and what malted grains.

I love a good IPA and have a garage full of equipment that hasn't been used since family life got complicated.
  • klutz
  • 09-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Cant wait to get going again!!!
  • klutz
  • 09-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Just tried some Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout and some Nut Brown Ale made in England.

Damn good if you like the dark stuff!
  • Trey
  • 09-25-2012, 09:37 PM
I miss Banks beer I drank a shit load of that while on vacation. Can't find it in the states.