Better Call Saul

Good Episode for sure. I like the way the big guy ran off instead of tangling with Mike, lol. I also liked the throat punch since that is a topic in another thread.

Brother turned out to be a douche, good I didn't like that pussy anyway!!
I find it interesting to see how Vince is taking the time to pull back the curtain & show us how / why the BCS characters came about (and) how the "dots are eventually connected" to the Breaking Bad series. As we've already caught a brief glimpse of Tuco...I believe as the story (and future episodes) unfolds, it's possible we'll be introduced to more of those people we saw in BB.

We're experiencing a similar transformation (ie: Walt White) right now with Jimmy; the rejection of Jimmy's legitimacy / desire to "do good" by his older brother is the straw that breaks the camel's back. He'll turn his back on Chuck (and the surname McGill) and become Saul Goodman in order to break free and forge his own way. Is it possible the anxious /paranoid Cinnabon worker we saw in episode one emerges again as one of Jimmy's....uhhh, Saul's future clients? Wonder what that dude's story is.....

I also find it interesting the manner in which we're seeing Johnathan Bank's (Mike) character is developing (the background story of his son and how he set up of the two dirty cops was great tv). Mike's transition from retired law enforcer to a Winston Wolf-like "individual contractor" is a bit of a Breaking Bad-like story, as well. As you'll recall (flash forward) Mike not only did work for Saul as a private investigator, he also was a "hitman and cleaner" for Gus Fring......who was eventually introduced to our BB blue-meth producing heroes, right?

Just connecting the dots......and that's what makes for interesting / compelling TV IMO. Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
Glad you connected the Winston Wolf dots. I've been thinking the same thing.

Time for a poll?

Who the coolest bad ass, Mike Ehrmantraut or Mr. The Wolf? LOL

When Mike does that little thing with his lips and teeth you know somethings coming.
"What are you packin?" "Pimento Cheese". That was awesome.
"Well I guess if I need a gun I'll just take one of yours" heh
I thought the cinnabon worker was Jimmy/Saul (Bob Odenkirk)???
He was the manager.
I'm gonna have to watch it again. I'm confused. Didn't he go home and watch a tape hidden away in a closet or something.

He looked like he was in witness protection or something and got spotted at the cinnabon.

Edit: looked it up, apparently in one of the last episodes of BB, Saul tells Walt, "If I'm lucky, a month from now, best-case scenario, I'm managing a Cinnabon in Omaha" and the writers played off that.
You're catching on...
Huh.....? So the Cinnabon worker was Saul / Jimmy, huh? Damn....I either need new glasses or gotta tap the brakes on triple Grey Gooses at Bonedaddy's......

Edit: looked it up, apparently in one of the last episodes of BB, Saul tells Walt, "If I'm lucky, a month from now, best-case scenario, I'm managing a Cinnabon in Omaha" and the writers played off that. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
Great show. wayyy better than I was expecting it to be.
I actually like Better Call Saul more than I like Breaking Bad. It could be because the show is still only 1 season long, but it seemed to have less episodes that dragged on (not to mention that Walt is particularly unlikable and Jesse was an idiot).

Having Mike around to show his badassery also helps the show out quite a bit.
The season finale was a little less than I expected. Last weeks episode would have been better as a finale. I went back and watched the last ten minutes again before this weeks episode. Man, Odenkirk knocked it out of the park in that scene where Jimmy basically told his brother to get fucked.

As far as last night, I guess it left a lot of things open. I'd like to have at least understood why he walked away from the deal with the other firm. We know from BB that Slipping Jimmy is never too far away in his mind. Is it a conscience thing or what? I guess that's why they write it that way, to make sure you keep coming back.
I totally agree on all counts:

I give last night's episode a 5 (out of 10). The previous week's episode would've made for a much better season finale IMO.

Jimmy's assessment (was) right...Chuck IS sick. The very fact Jimmy figured out Chuck was the one who buzz-killed the deal should've been enough proof (to him) that little brother does have the resourcefulness to be a top notch lawyer. The fact he still sat there and lambasted Jimmy over his degree and his past, etc signaled he never really believed in him at all....

The writers are smart....they needed to show us the catalyst that ignited Jimmy to move on and become Saul. Now we know.

I just wish they'd finish this season's debut by introducing (perhaps in the final minutes last night) Gus Fring. Maybe I'm jumping the gun....just figured the timing was right and it'd give us something to speculate on come the start of Season Two.

The season finale was a little less than I expected. Last weeks episode would have been better as a finale. Originally Posted by boardman
The season finale was a little less than I expected. Last weeks episode would have been better as a finale. I went back and watched the last ten minutes again before this weeks episode. Man, Odenkirk knocked it out of the park in that scene where Jimmy basically told his brother to get fucked.

As far as last night, I guess it left a lot of things open. I'd like to have at least understood why he walked away from the deal with the other firm. We know from BB that Slipping Jimmy is never too far away in his mind. Is it a conscience thing or what? I guess that's why they write it that way, to make sure you keep coming back. Originally Posted by boardman
Ya it was really anti-climactic.

I'd like to know why he ditched the deal too. Maybe he refuses to work with his brother even if it's for another firm. Or maybe he finally found his own identity as a lawyer and realizes he won't fit in at a traditional firm - staying true to his "Slippin' Jimmy" persona because he knows it makes him good.
Ya it was really anti-climactic.

I'd like to know why he ditched the deal too. Maybe he refuses to work with his brother even if it's for another firm. Or maybe he finally found his own identity as a lawyer and realizes he won't fit in at a traditional firm - staying true to his "Slippin' Jimmy" persona because he knows it makes him good. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
True,
As we saw last night, Slippin' Jimmy thrives when he's living on the edge. He can't live on the edge in a law firm doing the mundane shit.