Texas Primary Vote

Chungy
So how is the vote suppression thing working out? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Hard to say. But when 1/3 of mail in ballots are disqualified, there may be a new form of suppression.
... Hmmmm... Reckon it will all somehow balance-out.

In the last Presidential election over Chicago-way
they had 7/5 of all mail-in ballots approved.

No suppression there - INFLATION. ...

#### Salty
Trust me it was and is voter suppression, I have voted by mail for 7 years until this year and it was rejected
Trump endorsed all the unopposed Tepublicans.
Trump endorsed all the unopposed Tepublicans. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

who did Biden endorse and why would they want him to?

BAAAHHHAAAAAAAAAA
He didn’t. What sitting President endorses primary candidates?

Your snarkasm is but a poor veil for your alarming lack of political good sense.
Trump endorsed all the unopposed Tepublicans. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Oh well, reality will do that to ya.
who did Biden endorse and why would they want him to?... Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Pretty sure candidates are paying Biden hefty sums to never mention their name (not that he actually could even remember them) and might even be pursuing restraining orders to not let Biden within 2 miles of them.
How can you not love that cockeyed devil Paxton. The man is brilliant. That turd Bush has no chance in run off. If he wants to participate in Texas politics he needs a name change.
Hard to say. But when 1/3 of mail in ballots are disqualified, there may be a new form of suppression. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Which party's ballots were "suppressed"?

A good idea is ... if you want to vote in the Democratic Primary then go down to the Democratic Primary location and get a ballot.

BTW: Please review THE LAW as posted on the Texas Secretary of State's website. The STATUTORY references have a "§" in front of the paragraph reference. (I realize that reading law is foreign to you, but I thought it might help you in the future. Sort of like the word "STOP" posted on signs located on many corners throughout the State of Texas. In Mexico it's "ALTO"!).

#1: I voted in the Primary Election on March 6, 2018. Why did they ask if I wanted a Republican or Democratic ballot? Why did I have to indicate party preference on my Application for a Ballot by Mail (ABBM)?

The primary elections are two separate elections that occur on the same day. Both the Republican and Democratic parties are selecting their nominees for the general election in November. When a voter votes in a primary election or primary runoff election, they are affiliating with the party whose primary they are voting in. (§162.003). A voter who is affiliated with a political party is ineligible to become affiliated with another party during the same voting year. (§162.012). This means a voter cannot vote in both primary elections, or the primary election of one party and the runoff election of another party. Some counties will have joint primaries and/or the parties will share polling places. In a county where the Republican and Democratic parties are sharing polling places, the vote must identify what primary they would like to vote in order to ensure they receive the correct ballot and are marked as voting in the correct primary election.

Since a voter cannot participate in both party primary elections, when voting by mail, a voter must indicate their party preference to ensure they receive the correct ballot style.

#2: Can I vote in one party’s primary election and another party’s primary runoff election?

No. By voting in a party’s primary election, a voter has affiliated themselves with that party and is unable to participate in the convention or runoff election of another party during that calendar year. (§§162.012, 162.013)

#3: If I vote in a party’s primary, am I required to vote for that party’s candidates in the November 6, 2018 general election?

No. A voter who votes in the primary is not required to vote for a particular party’s candidates in the succeeding general election.

#4: What if I consider myself an independent, but wish to vote in a primary election?

The act of voting in a primary election affiliates a voter with a political party. §162.003). However, if a voter has not otherwise affiliated themselves with a political party, they are able to vote in the primary of either party.
The legal answers are colored as this line is colored.

Requiring that someone STOP at one of those signs I mentioned is NOT SUPPRESSION OF INTERSTATE COMMERCE! If one cannot read "STOP" and/or one doesn't know what it means then they shouldn't be driving!

When a party sends a bunch of empty-headed lunatics down to a state to vote in their primary or to assist others to vote in their primary it's critical that those doing the recruiting for the illegal voters educate them on the laws of the state to which they are being sent to vote so their ballots won't get tossed, BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT LEGALLY CORRECT.

And personally, if someone doesn't have enough sense to know how to vote LEGALLY then as far as I am concerned they don't have enough sense to make a valid decision on who ought to be elected.

Consequently ... we have Demented and Cackle as POTUS & VPOTUS!

Thank you for your contribution to the future of the U.S. (SARCASM)
Oh well, reality will do that to ya. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Do you have any idea what that means?

Of course you don’t.

Reality ain’t nowhere in your narrative
Pretty sure candidates are paying Biden hefty sums to never mention their name (not that he actually could even remember them) and might even be pursuing restraining orders to not let Biden within 2 miles of them. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
... Because Biden has been a sad FAILURE.
When he was over Pittsburgh-way - a lot of Dems
suddenly had "other commitments" that day and
were nowhere to be found... They skipped his visit.

### Salty
I just voted... Probably 40 people present voting Republican, and... 2 Democrats. 12 voting machines per side, 11 on the Democrat side gathering cobwebs, one in use. 10 minute wait to seize a spot on the Republican side, all 12 machines in use at all times.

I voted Republican, to vote AGAINST certain Folk. Besides that there was no ''race'' for any Democrat seat. Just like my having seen Trump thrice ( 3 Rallies), my voting Republican this evening does not imply ''support''.

I took Rick Perry (yup, on the ballot) over Abbott, Huffines and West. George P., Betsy, and somebody instead of Dan Patrick.

Voted against the ''sanctity of life'' proposition, but for the Guard to arrest and detain Mexicans. Might as well get them working. Against the CRT nonsense proposal, but for the transgender mutilation crime thingy. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
That is odd there is different voting machines for Reps and Democrats. I've never experienced that. I've voted a lot of times over the years and my experience has been you could use any voting machine. If Primary you input your code the register gave you and the positions pop up to select either Rep or Demo depending on the code and what you told the register which party you wanted to vote.
That is odd .... Originally Posted by eddieg5212
You could have stopped right there .....

... the OP is in West Virginia. If he is even qualified to vote, he has never voted in Texas where the voting laws were amended to eliminate the Democrats' practice of ballot box stuffing. That's why they are trying so hard to take back control of Texas.

They don't like the economy raging here and they don't like the FACT that Texas generates about 2/3rds of the petro/chemical products used in the U.S. Another reason for Bitten/Crackles to destroy that industry and replace it with FREEZABLE Windmills.
That is odd there is different voting machines for Reps and Democrats. .. Originally Posted by eddieg5212
There is not. Might be possible the location is trying to ensure enough in case one party is swamping the polls. You get a printed ballot for your party and off you go to the next available machine. After voting, you take your updated and reprinted ballot to the single collection box.

It's the ChungyTrannys that are annoying, by voting against people, in the other party, that they hope will result in people that they won't vote for in the general. There is a name for that practice, but I think we should just call them ChungyTrannys