True facts, real world.

Oil and gas contribute to increased costs, but it's only a percentage of costs.

The True costs of goods to manufacture vs. plus transportation are always going to get passed along- Some imports have HUGE transportation costs and some are minimal. It's a part of the issue, but it's certainly not the BOOGIE MAN as suggested by the OP- or doubles the actual cost of any goods cept for very limited exceptions.

From the DOE:

Transportation costs
Transportation and shipping are often the most expensive part of logistics. In 2019, transportation costs alone accounted for 10.4% of total revenue for US businesses. For consumer packaged goods companies, distribution and transportation costs typically range from 6% to 8% of revenues.

Even if you doubled the costs of oil it increases cost by 2x. 12-16% vs. the 6-8%.
It's interesting how all the arguments from the Right about inflation ultimately come down to fossil fuel....likely a powerful lobby that dictates such "interest". Nevermind that the known World-Wide reserves will be depleted in 35-50 years (exact time irrelevant, certainly within our grandchildrens' lifetime) and prices will certainly increase as supply diminishes. We need to promptly shift to other energy sources as they are, or become, available and preserve fossil resources until substitutes are found. Higher fossil fuel prices help incentives that transition. As I've said before, big oil/gas/etc need to diversify and re-imagine themselves as Big Energy or be left behind. Originally Posted by reddog1951
It’s typical of the uninformed and uneducated though. We produce more oil and gas now than in any year Trump was president, yet they still somehow believe that we are operating at a oil/gas deficit. Tell the ignorant something loud and often enough and they’ll repeat it like it’s fact.
It’s typical of the uninformed and uneducated though. We produce more oil and gas now than in any year Trump was president, yet they still somehow believe that we are operating at a oil/gas deficit. Tell the ignorant something loud and often enough and they’ll repeat it like it’s fact. Originally Posted by 1blackman1

Are you normally this arrogant, or are you just playing like some sort of bad guy in this thread. I wish I could say I'm impressed, however....................... ........

The informed and educated can simply stay on topic.

Back on topic about real world situations, my post was 100% truthful, and I feel sorry for those wanting a home but can't afford one with the inflation and rising interest rates.
Bullshit as usual. I said I take care of the financial affairs for the elderly people in my family in that thread you are referencing and that includes their taxes. I also mentioned that they have no heirs. And how it is all left to me and that's why I charge them nothing. Why the fuck would I steal money illegally that I don't even need when I'm getting it eventually anyway? These people are elderly retirees who have nothing to do all day but check their accounts. If I was a big enough piece of shit to steal just 50 bucks from any of them, they would notice within 12 hours and I'm not even kidding.

Look man, just because you don't like my post because it does not praise your master, stick to the damn topic and stop talking out of your ass and accusing me of something I would never do because you can't understand my post in that thread. It is clear in my previous post that I was talking about my children (by far my most important family) regarding my thoughts about Trump and not the free finance and accounting labor I provide for my elderly family members which has nothing to do with my thoughts regarding Trump... nice lame ass deflection attempt though bringing up my degrees too just to add to your complete bullshit to try to sling and hit me. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
... Hee Hee! ... So me claim of what you've mentioned before
- in this very Political Forum - about YOU "ripping-off"
some friends and family members is BULLSHIT?? ..

... OR is bullshit that YOU "ripped them off"??

No reason for the two of us to shit-up this thread.
You and I can barney elsewhere.

One thing concerning me-own self there, Lucas - is that
I'm a THROUGH fellow... If YOU want me to go find that
previous post you made - you had better understand
that I will do it. ... And show everybody!

And why? ... Because we need True Facts in the Real World.

#### Salty
Housing costs have more to do with the housing crisis of 2008 than they do with inflation.

Housing starts per year:

https://ipropertymanagement.com/research/housing-starts

Construction cost inflation over time.

https://edzarenski.com/2024/01/17/co...nflation-2024/

All while population growth is over 2 million per year for the last twenty years. and the median age is increasing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogr..._United_States

When it comes right down to it housing stocks have not kept pace with population growth and the rising age of the population. Couple that with inflation and it puts real pressure on housing prices.

I’m not sure how we’re going to fix this issue but inflation is just a small part of the problem.
I’m not sure how we’re going to fix this issue but inflation is just a small part of the problem. Originally Posted by txdot-guy

Be sure and tell a single mom with two kids trying to afford groceries and other monthly bills how inflation is a small part of any problem.
Be sure and tell a single mom with two kids trying to afford groceries and other monthly bills how inflation is a small part of any problem. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
Way to take my words out of context. Inflation is a problem that everyone lives with. It’s hard on the less privileged than others. My point was that the numbers of housing starts has not kept up with population growth. That in itself increases housing prices. Especially in Texas which has had greater population growth than in other states.

Subsidized down payments will only make the problem worse. The government should get into the business of building their own affordable housing. Increased supply is the only thing that will solve this problem.
One thing concerning me-own self there, Lucas - is that
I'm a THROUGH fellow... If YOU want me to go find that
previous post you made - you had better understand
that I will do it. ... And show everybody!

vAnd why? ... Because we need True Facts in the Real World.

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Salty, I 1000% would love for you to go find it and post it so you can double down on your bullshit so you can try to hijack this thread further. Knowing myself, I am sure I was much less polite in my response to your nonsense back then.

Anyway, back to the actual topic, DJ you have mentioned inflation a few times. Why do you think it is a guarantee that Trump can change that with his tariffs? Hell, now he is threatening John Deere with 200% tariffs if they leave the US. I mean damn, if they do leave, who wants to pay extra to cut their damn yard?
... So you're admitting that you made the comment I mentioned?
Thank you... I'll find it and show everybody in a different thread.
Since you asked.

#### Salty
Salty, I 1000% would love for you to go find it and post it so you can double down on your bullshit so you can try to hijack this thread further. Knowing myself, I am sure I was much less polite in my response to your nonsense back then.
Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
... Let's See. ...

#### Salty
... Let's See. ...

Let's see what? You proving more of your made-up bullshit? Hell, if I didn't have so many damn posts, I would find it my damn self and post it just for folks to laugh at your false claim and your lack of simple reading comprehension.

While you are wasting your time looking for me ever posting that I ripped off some geezers in my family, I hope you think of something that actually has to do with the topic of this thread because I am not the topic.

By the way, who do I go to on here to file an ECCIE libel suit if I am lucky enough for Salty to find it and post such harmful accusations multiple times? I now fear that my previous pristine reputation on this whore board is irreparably harmed. LOL
Let's see what? You proving more of your made-up bullshit? Hell, if I didn't have so many damn posts, I would find it my damn self and post it just for folks to laugh at your false claim and your lack of simple reading comprehension.

While you are wasting your time looking for me ever posting that I ripped off some geezers in my family, I hope you think of something that actually has to do with the topic of this thread because I am not the topic.

By the way, who do I go to on here to file an ECCIE libel suit if I am lucky enough for Salty to find it and post such harmful accusations multiple times? I now fear that my previous pristine reputation on this whore board is irreparably harmed. LOL Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

... Blimey! ... I just spilled-over me beer from LAUGHING!

So, now you're WHAT? ... Threatening the ECCIE site and ME
with libel suits?? ...

You think THAT will stop me from showing your post in question??
OR that the Monitours are gonna either forbid me from
showing it - or delete the post themselves, so I can't find it?
Lawsuits! ... Lawfare against Salty and ECCIE. ...

... Why don't you just admit that I'm correct on the issue
and it's NOT bullshit - and we can move past it.

Although doing that may cheat all the interested masses here
from seeing the truth. In the True Facts - Real World thread.

#### Salty
... Blimey! ... I just spilled-over me beer from LAUGHING!

Beer at 8:27 in the morning? Just kidding buddy.
... The "low interest rates" when OBama was on?
May have been because the Unemployment Rate was SKY HIGH
when OBama was on.

... True facts - real world.

It was high from the shit show Bush left him, at the end of his 2 terms it was down to 4.6%. Then when another republican fucked things again, another democrat got us down to 3-4%.