Question????

Most, if not all of your extended stays do this, from Budget Suites up to Candlewood and even Elements.

The solid majority of 3star on down will do this on a limited basis, particularly where there are "single female travellers". Holiday Inn will do it in a heartbeat (used to work for them).
I guess we should start asking ladies if they have outstanding warrants before we visit them at one of these motels.
A lady with a lick of common sense would not have warrants. JMHO.
A lady with a lick of common sense would not have warrants. JMHO. Originally Posted by DecemberLove
Neither would a guy... but yet they are still out there.

So we add that to screening on both sides. P911? :-)
LOL, Well, the incall wouldn't be for me. But I did talk to the manager, and yes they do check. He told me how they do it. He said its called a parking lot check. Sometimes the police go in and get the paper that has everyone's name and info on it, and they check it from there. Sometimes the police only go in and circle around the parking lot and take plates and stuff down. But the hotel does work with them just to keep on their good side. I personally have been a good girl, so no trouble for me. But I was checking for a friend. Originally Posted by Carly's Angels

I'll be damned. Learn something new every day. Thanks for the LE lesson.
  • Kid a
  • 10-14-2010, 01:29 PM
http://www.arlingtontx.gov/municipal...tlistings.html

Keep in mind, this is only "class C misdemeanor alleged offenses occurring in Arlington, Tarrant County, Texas."
Police will cruise a parking lot and run the plates of cars to check for stolen cars or those that are wanted.

(smart ass remark removed)
http://www.arlingtontx.gov/municipal...tlistings.html

Keep in mind, this is only "class C misdemeanor alleged offenses occurring in Arlington, Tarrant County, Texas." Originally Posted by Kid a
Damn! That is a long list. There's well over 100,000 warrants there. There's lots of names with multiple outstanding warrants from different dates. I wonder why they didn't get picked up when they were ticketed at a later time. Do cops not arrest people with outstanding warrants when subsequently stopped if it's only for a class C misdemeanor? Or, maybe they're not running their ID and finding that they have an outstanding warrant? I don't get this.
While I am not a lawyer, this sounds to me as not being legal. My understanding is that the police have to have probable cause to stop, detain, question or otherwise make inquiries. (Yes, I fully understand that you can beat the rap, but not the ride. And that they will make up something to justify their inquiries.) The hotel would have to, IMO, inform you that they intend to run a check on you, your plates, and / or provide your information to LE, as this would be invasion of privacy AND violation of personal rights. Remember that all innocent until proven guilty thing? Whats next, Wal-mart, Kroger, the mall providing information to the authorities when you walk through the door, or when you pay the information is sent to big brother?

Yes, I understand that it is a private enterprise, but it is their responsibility to fully inform you of policies, AS WELL AS YOURS TO FULLY READ SAID POLICIES. The slight but continuing erosion of rights is going to bite us all in the ass one day.
Interesting stuff.

It amazes me how these 'officials' are so good at pressuring and bothering the avg joe or jane, who's no real threat to society, while the real creeps slither through the system, getting over in some way, and are actually causing harm to others.
RC
officials like to tax the avg joe or jane to death.
So they tax them any way they can.
Ticket tax