What constitues a Troll on the Board?

Those are great points as well.

A few more definitions of a troll:

1. High post count (1000+) and low review count (<20).

2. The posts he does make give little or no intel about the hobby other than to provide the intel of his agenda.

3. Tells stories that he cannot back up with facts mainly to get attaboys/fit in with the clique; a) how great a provider's BCD skills are or are not, yet no review of her on his profile. b) throws out baseless accusations as fact, hoping that his speculative theories will rub off on others so they repeat them too.

Too bad this thread cannot be a sticky! Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote
I agree for the most part. However, specifically with regard to the Post-To-Review count, my opinion is that it should only be considered a secondary qualification. There are valid reasons to have a low review count. Examples include those who have very limited discretionary funds for the hobby or those who have very limited time available for the hobby.

Someone who legitimately attempts to participate on the boards and attempts to give helpful and insightful information pertinent to the Hobby or to other valid discussions on here, but who has only the 'not enough reviews' strike against them doesn't really fall into the 'Troll-Tard' category in my opinion.

I'd be interested to hear y'alls thoughts on this particular issue.

I'd agree with your assessment, Hot

Moreover, if we are going to count reviews in the equation-- shouldn't we be counting the quality of the reviews as well? I mean, one could easily bolster their review count with a ton of SC or AMP or unverified BP reviews that are exceedingly hard to verify the veracity of. Should a person with 100 reviews, but only 3 reviews that are verifiable be given more credit than a man with say, 15 reviews-- all easily verified as authentic?

No-- reviews alone aren't really enough when it comes to the "Information Exchange" aspect of the board. There are plenty of super helpful posters who are sub 10 on the review count.
I agree for the most part. However, specifically with regard to the Post-To-Review count, my opinion is that it should only be considered a secondary qualification. There are valid reasons to have a low review count. Examples include those who have very limited discretionary funds for the hobby or those who have very limited time available for the hobby.

Someone who legitimately attempts to participate on the boards and attempts to give helpful and insightful information pertinent to the Hobby or to other valid discussions on here, but who has only the 'not enough reviews' strike against them doesn't really fall into the 'Troll-Tard' category in my opinion.

I'd be interested to hear y'alls thoughts on this particular issue.

Originally Posted by hotindallas
I agree with you. Some of us have more hobby funds than others so review counts will vary in numbers as well as the number of days in between reviews. You say you have very little discetionary funds, but if you have intel/info on a provider that you paid for, it is free on this site to review her, IJS.

Number of posts in relation to number of reviews in just ONE of many points of constituting a troll, as written in the former posts of this thread, but if you do not fall into the other points, then you are definitely not a troll. As Grace said, the number of reviews is not reflective of your valued contribution to this site. It is the quality of the reviews and that can be verified by other reviews of the same provider. As we all know, there are lots of pimp/ad reviews that mean nothing, but that is for another thread.

IMO, while it is great to give helpful info pertinent to the hobby, this board is mainly about intel of providers, not only the members who advertise and post here on this site, but also that really advertise on any website about their services and the opinions of guys who have seen her BCD therein to give insightful info for other hobbyists to make an informed decision on who and how to best spend his money.

As far as posts/reviews goes, I am referring to those guys who practically live on the board daily, and in those thousands of posts they do, a large percentage of those posts are insulting/belittling others, usually cyberstalking posts to do so and hijacking threads in the process. They post speculative unproven theories about others, again with nothing to back up what they post and states that theory as fact, mainly doing so to incite a reaction to turn a thread that was thought provoking and entertaining, into an agenda laden, mudslinging thread.
Interesting points
Now-- on the flip side... not ALL trolls are bad. There have been many times where the "board trolls" warned of an impending situation with a "respected member" and ended up being 100% right. One advantage for trolls-- not only do they spend a lot of time writing posts... they spend a lot of time reading posts. They often catch details that get missed by others.
Now-- on the flip side... not ALL trolls are bad. There have been many times where the "board trolls" warned of an impending situation with a "respected member" and ended up being 100% right. One advantage for trolls-- not only do they spend a lot of time writing posts... they spend a lot of time reading posts. They often catch details that get missed by others. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Good point. In addition, some of the Trolls are even funny (at times). It's the ones that are either consistently obnoxious or that remain in attack mode all the time that make me crazy.

Maybe it's just me, but this board seems to run in cycles. There seem to be two main peaks:
The 'Good' peak, where a lot of interesting and informative stuff goes on.
The 'Bad' peak, where almost everything is hate-filled and derogatory.

And then there are the two transition periods between the peaks. Hmmmm, almost like 4 seasons...or a sine wave.

Good point. In addition, some of the Trolls are even funny (at times). It's the ones that are either consistently obnoxious or that remain in attack mode all the time that make me crazy.

Maybe it's just me, but this board seems to run in cycles. There seem to be two main peaks:
The 'Good' peak, where a lot of interesting and informative stuff goes on.
The 'Bad' peak, where almost everything is hate-filled and derogatory.

And then there are the two transition periods between the peaks. Hmmmm, almost like 4 seasons...or a sine wave.

Then there is you? You answer your own question buddy.
Nah.. not really a sine wave-- its not consistent enough. Too much disturbance.
If there is a disturbance in the force posting taint can correct it.
Nah.. not really a sine wave-- its not consistent enough. Too much disturbance. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Perhaps a pseudo-sine wave with extreme localized distortion?

If there is a disturbance in the force posting taint can correct it. Originally Posted by pyramider
Pyramider, I wondered if you were going to show up in here. I said to myself, "Taint gonna be long till he posts..."

Grace, that sure is an interesting signature line you have.

Seriously, a big Thank You to all of y'all for your insightful comments. They have been great.
Perhaps a pseudo-sine wave with extreme localized distortion?

Pyramider, I wondered if you were going to show up in here. I said to myself, "Taint gonna be long till he posts..."

Grace, that sure is an interesting signature line you have.

Seriously, a big Thank You to all of y'all for your insightful comments. They have been great.
Yw PAWB, glad you know that you are the troll. Gracy sig line is special and I believe I got it figured out. I know exactly what she said, and she is talking about me.
Nah.. not really a sine wave-- its not consistent enough. Too much disturbance. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
You told me fuck me earlier for my sig line, which wasn’t what you thought, but I will be a gentleman and show some class and not say F you for what you said. Thanks for your not so kind words.
Heh..

I don't know what you're talking about. My sig line is a code given to me by an Astronaut with NASA. It's highly top secret and you'd have to be up there with the top echelon-- I'm talking the likes of Hawking-- to even have a chance to crack the beginning of it.

Its totally not what you think it is.
Heh..

I don't know what you're talking about. My sig line is a code given to me by an Astronaut with NASA. It's highly top secret and you'd have to be up there with the top echelon-- I'm talking the likes of Hawking-- to even have a chance to crack the beginning of it.

Its totally not what you think it is. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
SUIRAM IS A PUNK ASS BITCH THAT GOT BEAT BY A GIRL
Nonsense Abe. I don't know where on Earth you got that from. Its a big Russian Government conspiracy thing... I'd tell you what it was, but then KGB agents would show up at your door and... you don't want to collude with Russia, do you?