Best mexican food in Austin ?

Try Polvos on South First. Everything fresh...hand made tortillas...very unique recipes.
Taking notes

~
My fav Tex Mex is El Arroyo. Not too pricey and I love the fried avocados with chicken tinga.
El Arroyo is good. El Borrego de Oro on South Congress is good too for TexMex. So many choices... here are a few of my faves:

Sazon's is low key but very good non-TexMex Mexican for the price. Their Pipian mole with carnitas and Conchinita Pibil is best I've had in Austin.

Taco Deli's Friday special ceviche tacos are unbelievably good if you like ceviche. My SO and I are on a mission to find the best ceviche in Austin... and the Deli is right up there.

Suerte's is the best high end Mexican place in Austin. East side. Great food, great cocktails, high energy place. And great ceviche!

Liche's Cantina and El Naranjo are also very good.
Oh I'm taking notes too. I've seen 2 places on here I haven't tried yet. Yummy!
Another place that I can recommend is Manuels Mexican Restaurant. Their Mexican Martini is top shelf. And the food is fantastic.
I go here alot and it's always so damn good.
I like Fonda San Miguel, El Naranjo (Rainey Street), and Las Palomas (Bee Caves Road and Walsh Tarlton) for interior (more "authentic") Mexican. IIRC, Las Palomas is a bit less expensive than the other two. I really like the mole at both El Naranjo and Las Palomas.

For Tex-Mex, I'm a fan of Matt's El Rancho (south Lamar close to 71) and Maudie's (several locations around town).
I love no one has mentioned Chuy's...overcrowded with only OK food.
Manuel's is a place I forgot about. Very nice if you are downtown.
El Meson on South Lamar is one of my favorites. They serve great interior food and have a very nice Sunday Brunch.
I hate to get all political in this thread, but some of them damn Democrats are hiring Mexicans in these Mexican restaurants. Can you believe that? Stealing all our jobs as Mexican cooks and waiters!

Throw in a plug for Papalote Taco. It’s an LA-style Mexican tacqueria. Tacos and tortas are offbeat but great. Good selection of stuff to try. Perfect agua fresca.
They have like three sauces and as far as I can tell they are all hotter than three hells lol.
Chuys has that creamy jalapeno though!!!
Throw in a plug for Papalote Taco. It’s an LA-style Mexican tacqueria. Tacos and tortas are offbeat but great. Good selection of stuff to try. Perfect agua fresca.
They have like three sauces and as far as I can tell they are all hotter than three hells lol. Originally Posted by FloridaShark
Papalote is that place you forget about until you drive by. Another one I love is El Tacorrido at 1st and Oltorf. Love the pastor!
Chuys has that creamy jalapeno though!!! Originally Posted by Britttany_love
I've heard others raving about the creamy jalapeño. I need to try that.
Best Mexican food in the word…Taco Bell
Best Mexican food in the word…Taco Bell Originally Posted by Postal_BMW
Da Fahk?
I've heard others raving about the creamy jalapeño. I need to try that. Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
Omg yesssss!!!