My Hobby Experiences....

red tex,

while i appreciate your point of view, just cos you think it is not hard do capitalize the first word in a sentence does NOT mean that everyone should do it. plus, there is a big difference between capitalization and spelling.

some like to write all upper, some all lower, some mixed, some here there and everywhere.

waldt. Originally Posted by pmdelites
We all like different things applied to pussy, what you put on a hamburger, and many other things in life. It does not apply to the written English language.

There are widely accepted rules and standards for written communications in all languages, including English that are shared by all literate people. Period. No exceptions. Liking different things has absolutely nothing to do with it. I assure you.

And brdn, you are wrong about one thing. Freelance, rule free composition "is inherently bad". In addition to being discourteous to the reader, as you pointed out, it is extraordinarily time consuming to try to decipher. It also lacks clarity. Call a spade a spade. It's poorly written. It does not serve it's purpose. And it's bad for the writer, the reader, and for our society.
...besides, doesnt it say in the rules of coed discussions to stay on topic? yall are way off in left field...

mods can u close this thread...most responses have nothing to do with the original topic...thank you to the ones who did respond to help with the issue at hand. Originally Posted by kittyfishin

You invited the discussion, but you quibble with the responses. This and your style of communication give the impression of being overly opinionated, inflexible, and controlling. Perhaps, if you tried to be more ingratiating, you would get better results.