Who is interested in the new Iphone coming out?

• EZ.
  • 09-14-2014, 09:44 AM
I'm upgrading mainly because I want a phone with more memory. Apple Pay (if picked up by enough merchants) and fingerprint recognition are of interest to me as well. Originally Posted by TinMan
I have never been a fan of the Apple products. I am on my third Galaxy the 5 and couldn't be more pleased with it. I don't use the finger print recognition because of the speed. I have an applications that will take a thief's picture and locate him/her if it gets stolen. The cameras are about the same but I have a real digital camera.

The S5 is incredibly fast, has a huge battery that will charge in about thirty minutes and last the day. The screen blows everyone away.
I've gone through SO many computers and laptops over the past 20 years. And I would LOVE to just get a computer and have it NOT mess up on me. Or get these adware viruses.

That's why I'm considering getting an Apple for my next computer. My at home one is overheating and it's only a couple of years old. Going on 3. And my Dell, which I consider my "office" computer, has malware crap all over it and needs to be cleaned up.

These laptops area always needing something here and there. I've known people with Apple computers that just love them and nothing goes wrong with them for a very long time. If ever? I mean, don't those machines die, too?
There was a show on CNN about the new programs and isn't there going to be a huge issue if you lose your phone or it's stolen before you can do what people do when phones are lost or stolen?

Anyway, that's what the show was talking about. How easy it was going to be to get that information stolen if Apple Pay is as good, and as popular, as it's supposedly going to be. Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
Supposedly, it has security features that are superior to other systems. We will see if that is the case. I'm ready to move on from the old debit and credit cards with the magnetic strip. The dangers of that are becoming more apparent every day.

If someone stole both my phone and my wallet, I would be much more concerned about the damage they could do with the latter before I was able to shut off my debit and credit cards. They would have to figure out my pass code on my phone, which would at least give me a little time to shut it down. Plus, that's only one number to call, vs 3-4 with my cards.
I've gone through SO many computers and laptops over the past 20 years. And I would LOVE to just get a computer and have it NOT mess up on me. Or get these adware viruses.

That's why I'm considering getting an Apple for my next computer. My at home one is overheating and it's only a couple of years old. Going on 3. And my Dell, which I consider my "office" computer, has malware crap all over it and needs to be cleaned up.

These laptops area always needing something here and there. I've known people with Apple computers that just love them and nothing goes wrong with them for a very long time. If ever? I mean, don't those machines die, too? Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
I experienced the same when I owned MS systems. Virtually disappeared when I went with Apple.

Also, home networking has become much simpler. I never could get my laptops and the PC I designated as a server to talk to one another.
  • EZ.
  • 09-14-2014, 11:49 AM

These laptops area always needing something here and there. I've known people with Apple computers that just love them and nothing goes wrong with them for a very long time. If ever? I mean, don't those machines die, too? Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
I also like apple computers but the phone is another issue. Die hard apple people will accept any excuse for inferior quality and continue to praise the brand. Cost versus value is another think to consider in laptops and tablets. I believe the Galaxy is a bit more pricey.
I experienced the same when I owned MS systems. Virtually disappeared when I went with Apple.

Also, home networking has become much simpler. I never could get my laptops and the PC I designated as a server to talk to one another. Originally Posted by TinMan
Thats interesting, I have never had an issue with networking, but I am an ex mac guy and now choose to have a machine that still does what I want it to but at a significantly lower cost. I have gone from 9.0 through Leopard and gave up when I got ready to update to an Intel machine and I have been PC ever since. The prices Apple was demanding in late '09 made me seriously look at high end PCs. and I have never looked back. The options I had to upgrade and the ease of doing so made me a big fan. I was major surgery to do anything on MY personal Imac and the cost to have apple install a new optical drive was reticulates.
I now have a an old Gateway XP 17" av laptop and a couple of tweeked Dell D630s DuoCore 2.8MHz units running 7, hybrid 500gb HDDs @7200, and 8gb of ram. (screaming machines) I purchased both of these units for a few hundred dollars and did the upgrades myself. I like the fact that I can pop a bluray drive in if I want to or swap a HDD or pull ram without anything more than a small screwdriver and one screw. I use my old Gateway for streaming video and store no data on it at all. It is just a browser but does have office 2007 on itbut it's as old as my Pismo was and it was worthless as a browser a few years back.
Now on phones, I do not have a contract for phone service whatsoever, my company pays for service and data through Verizon and I have a Galaxy Nexus,that I supply, which is rooted to bypass their policies and have a Google number on it also. I have a windows phone as a prepay in case Google sucks and I need to call a number that my company shouldn't see. It is growing on me but I prefer the android's choices especially when rooted. I would not own an I phone unless I was using a mac at home and at work and then only for simplicity. I can only see horror stories of using a "wallet on a phone" for anything, married or not. But I didn't have pictures of cum on my face released/ leaked.
So no; I don't care about anything Apple does but then again have you used a surface yet?
Whispers, drop me a pm and let me know what the malware computer is and what operating system it is using? I will try to assist you in cleaning it out. I had suggested Hitman Pro to you (did you install it?) and possibly Spyhunter.
I should have said, home networking has become simpler for me.

I don't doubt your good experience, nor many others. One of the positives of Apple for me is that the closed ecosystem makes certain experiences easy for non-techies like myself. Unless Apple falls seriously behind in terms of quality, I doubt I'll be going back to the PC world, except for work.
I've only used PCs but my understanding is Apple runs from the apps so they don't make changes to the OS like it does with a PC thus no viruses. I'm seriously considering changing the next time I need a computer.

As I said, I have and iPod, iPhone, and iPad. I've spent THOUSANDS on all my songs, tv shows, and movies through iTunes. If I did make a change to Samsung do my iTunes songs work with Galaxy or do I have to start over again with my collections?
If you go with win 8.1 and only download apps from the store you shouldnt get any virus's. Just like mac where they go through QC to check for virus's. The culture around windows is to just download anything you see on the internet. That is changing. Just not 100% there unless you force yourself to do it.
  • ktiix
  • 09-15-2014, 12:22 AM

Apple laptops/computers can get viruses too, and they are even harder to get rid of because less people have dealt with them before. In general, if your laptop is getting a lot of viruses it's user error. Though without a doubt PCs are more susceptible to the user error, and apple products are significantly more dummy proofed. The trade off comes in two main parts: Software, and Price. Apple Products are more expensive, and less programs work for them out of the box. For about 1000$ you can get a Macbook Air which is a really nice piece of tech, if you take care of it; it will last a long time. For a Windows laptop in the same performance range you'd be spending about 400-600$. Tho the Macbook will look better, be more user friendly, and the battery will last longer off the plug.

To be honest, windows laptops are good for about 2 years. Then it's better to wipe, clean install, and sell; then get a new one. Especially if you travel with it. Macs have a better track life, as long as you take care of it.

Also, home networking has become much simpler. I never could get my laptops and the PC I designated as a server to talk to one another. Originally Posted by TinMan
Apple streamlines everything, and I gotta give them credit for that. Windows networking can be tedious at times, and frustrating. But in the end a power user would get more out of a Windows machine. A basic user will likely find the Mac easier to use (unless they've been born/raised to windows).

I've only used PCs but my understanding is Apple runs from the apps so they don't make changes to the OS like it does with a PC thus no viruses. I'm seriously considering changing the next time I need a computer.

As I said, I have and iPod, iPhone, and iPad. I've spent THOUSANDS on all my songs, tv shows, and movies through iTunes. If I did make a change to Samsung do my iTunes songs work with Galaxy or do I have to start over again with my collections? Originally Posted by EasyLover214
Apple computers run programs and apps, just like windows. You can use your Itunes music / video on an android phone but it takes some doing. The easiest way in my opinion is a free android app called Double Twist. Then there is double twist air sync which lets you use your itunes and edit playlists on your android over wifi.
Well said, ktiix. Rather than repeat your comments verbatim, I'll just say that I've found virtually everything you've stated to be true.
Been an Apple user since 1987, I make my living using Apple computers. I might go with the smaller 6 instead of the + because I still want it to fit comfortably in my pocket and not show the world what I'm doing with it while texting, surfing, etc.

I think the smart phones are as big as they are gonna get but I'm sure there will be bigger ones in the future just to test the response.

In some respects, Apple has become the Big Brother from their famous 1984 commercial. Nobody has become the the girl hurling the hammer at the screen, though.
I am all Apple as well. Imac, MacBook Pro, IPad Air, Iphone. To my knowledge the Intel Apple machines, are the only devices to run both a Mac OS along with Windows. I probably won't upgrade to the 6plus, as I have a 5s and a MacBook Air. On the other hand, I am starting to like Windows 8.1, on the new Asus I bought.
I like apple because i get my phone and service for free. I think the apps is what sells apple phones over the probably more superior samsung phones. Apple will be overtaken within 3-5 years imo.

The iwatch is crap. The thing is too thick and can't be used without the phone being in your pocket. If it becomes stand alone, i might consider it over carrying a phone in my pocket. Either way the watch is bad news for apple.
I am all Apple as well. Imac, MacBook Pro, IPad Air, Iphone. To my knowledge the Intel Apple machines, are the only devices to run both a Mac OS along with Windows. I probably won't upgrade to the 6plus, as I have a 5s and a MacBook Air. On the other hand, I am starting to like Windows 8.1, on the new Asus I bought. Originally Posted by Crzytxn
I have not used 8.1 yet but 9.0 should be interesting. I guess PC sales are going to die for a month 'til it's out. I would have been tempted to get a Windows 7 64bit machine over windows 8, don't know about 8.1

May I ask why you have an Acer if you have a macbook pro?
Quote from Tech/Inferno site.

<In every Acer I've worked on, the cooling has been a joke. Especially on their 'top-of-the-line' systems. Cut corners everywhere. High temps = low hardware life, see how long Clevos last with their awesome cooling. Heck, I've even heard every extra 10 celsius you add halves a part's life. I can't speak much for their input methods though. Kinda average trackpads and keyboards. Build quality is cheap as possible most of the time, it seems.>
I consider most of their stuff as disposable at best. ijs