Calexit?

You do realize that most the states that receive the biggest net inflow of fed $$$ are southern states? Originally Posted by Old-T
You mean the states with the higher per capita number of military bases, strategic oil reserves, and important petroleum refineries and petroleum transportation hubs, right, Old-THUMPER? Military bases and oil production and transportation centers that green-weenie lib-retards are all NIMBY whiny about, right, Old-THUMPER?
  • grean
  • 08-02-2017, 09:20 AM
That's what I said.

I really don't think they've thought this through. When they leave they can all say bye bye to all federal funding...

Social Security
Medicare
Medicaid
food stamps
etc., etc., etc.....

See ya! Originally Posted by gfejunkie
Well California is barely giving more taxes than they receive in federal funding so they still could make these.

It's basically a wash, though. We wouldn't miss them either.

However, I do not think what they considered is the cost of administration of all these.

Take into account that cost that they would have to absorb, plus the fact they now must have their own national defense, they would have a great deficit.
  • grean
  • 08-02-2017, 09:21 AM
When some States decided back in 1861 to leave the Union, a Republican President said "fine, but first you have to win the war".

I fail to see the difference in 2017.

Let them try. Originally Posted by Jackie S

They don't like guns much. Last time I checked guns were what wins wars. Lol
Let them go.

http://amp.sacbee.com/news/politics-...164566542.html Originally Posted by bambino
California doesn't have to worry about separating itself from the union. Nature will take care of that for them. A major catastrophic earthquake has been predicted for quite some time now. It's not a matter of if but when such a quake hits the west coast. Thousands will be killed and millions will be misplaced from Oregon to southern California. An event of this magnitude would render the entire west coast uninhabitable for months. This is a real threat and its coming.

Jim
  • Old-T
  • 08-02-2017, 11:27 AM
You mean the states with the higher per capita number of military bases, strategic oil reserves, and important petroleum refineries and petroleum transportation hubs, right, Old-THUMPER? Military bases and oil production and transportation centers that green-weenie lib-retards are all NIMBY whiny about, right, Old-THUMPER?
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Typical IB. Deflect, spin, and do so in a whining obnoxious way.

I had not noticed anyone in this thread complaining about military bases or petroleum refining. I didn't see anyone whining about how much pork flows into those southern states you love. Why are all those bases and forts there? To protect Texas from the return of Santa Anna's army? What really governed the last couple rounds of BRAC? P.O.R.K. In many of the instances of what base remained and which was cut, it was heavily influenced by where the base was. Care to justify Randolph AFB in San Antonio, for example? P.O.R.K. Which you want to claim is OK so long as it is southern flavored pork.

Typical Wacko hypocrite: spend the $$ on the pork that helps you & your district and it's all good.
here a clue divide and conquer ... as the japanese merchant vessel won ... change the country via business and with the web and advance farming technque its endless for the stock market new country join in the circle ... paper up, rock down, borrow paper up etc

I had not noticed anyone in this thread complaining about military bases or petroleum refining. I didn't see anyone whining about how much pork flows into those southern states you love. Why are all those bases and forts there? To protect Texas from the return of Santa Anna's army? What really governed the last couple rounds of BRAC? P.O.R.K. In many of the instances of what base remained and which was cut, it was heavily influenced by where the base was. Care to justify Randolph AFB in San Antonio, for example? P.O.R.K. Which you want to claim is OK so long as it is southern flavored pork.

Typical Wacko hypocrite: spend the $$ on the pork that helps you & your district and it's all good.

Originally Posted by Old-T
You're the jackass that actually deflected to this topic, Old-THUMPER. You've had your whiny, supercilious-ass handed to you over this topic multiple times, Old-THUMPER ... you with your Yankee-ass hand in the till collecting some of those tax dollars at places like Red Stone Arsenal you "claim" are going to "Southern states."
Take your hypocritical ass back to your nest of empty wine bottles, Old-THUMPER.
here a clue divide and conquer ... as the japanese merchant vessel won ... change the country via business and with the web and advance farming technque and layer windows insulation too its endless for the stock market new country join in the circle ... paper up, rock down, borrow paper up etc Originally Posted by T_H_O_R

if i pay attention long enough i can figure this whole thing out

you two going to have to fine gov. white collar job for your military school grad.
You do realize that most the states that receive the biggest net inflow of fed $$$ are southern states? Originally Posted by Old-T
It depends on what the dollars are for. Fed money is more than welfare. It is payments to support bases and pay personnel. It is the Obama care subsidy which four states, none southern, get the lions share of.
I think several areas of California would demand to stay and the US should support their aspirations.
That's what I said.

I really don't think they've thought this through. When they leave they can all say bye bye to all federal funding...

Social Security
Medicare
Medicaid
food stamps
etc., etc., etc.....

See ya! Originally Posted by gfejunkie
And say good by to ALL federal agencies in their state, including Border patrol, Customs agents who inspect all stuff coming into their ports..

California doesn't have to worry about separating itself from the union. Nature will take care of that for them. A major catastrophic earthquake has been predicted for quite some time now. It's not a matter of if but when such a quake hits the west coast. Thousands will be killed and millions will be misplaced from Oregon to southern California. An event of this magnitude would render the entire west coast uninhabitable for months. This is a real threat and its coming.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
They've been making that claim for a decade or more, and we are still awaiting it to hit!
  • Old-T
  • 08-02-2017, 03:00 PM
You're the jackass that actually deflected to this topic, Old-THUMPER. You've had your whiny, supercilious-ass handed to you over this topic multiple times, Old-THUMPER ... you with your Yankee-ass hand in the till collecting some of those tax dollars at places like Red Stone Arsenal you "claim" are going to "Southern states."
Take your hypocritical ass back to your nest of empty wine bottles, Old-THUMPER.
More IBBlithering.

You love to say someone else had their head handed to them--It is your way of saving face when you lost a discussion. Again.

In this case, contrary to your stupidity, i did not start the fed money conversation.

Also, tell me again what state Redstone Arsenal is in? I thought it was in Alabama--but you are saying it is not in the south.

Did they move it this week?
There is no difference. Originally Posted by Old-T
Right, between you and Little Hans now....
So the same clowns that supported Texas and Oklahoma wanting to secede are now all butt hurt cause Cali wants to do it. Pretty sad I would say. Fucking pussies.
More IBBlithering.

You love to say someone else had their head handed to them--It is your way of saving face when you lost a discussion. Again.

In this case, contrary to your stupidity, i did not start the fed money conversation.

Also, tell me again what state Redstone Arsenal is in? I thought it was in Alabama--but you are saying it is not in the south.

Did they move it this week?
And you, as a recipient of federal funds ear-marked for project codes designated to activities at Redstone Arsenal, live exactly where, Old-THUMPER? Do you call Alabama home as you collect your fees from those funds you mendaciously suggest benefit only Alabamans, Old-THUMPER? How much Ohio commerce depends on Mississippi River levees being maintained all the way to the mouth of the Mississippi River, Old-THUMPER? Are you suggesting that the Army Corp of Engineers is maintaining levees only for folks living in Tennessee, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi, Old-THUMPER? How much Illinois corn or Kansas wheat is shipped down the Mississippi River destined for foreign markets, Old-THUMPER? How much of the United State's Strategic Petroleum Reserves are stored in salt domes in Cleveland, Old-THUMPER? Fuck your mendacious misrepresentation of the facts, you equivocating liar. You and Andy the Little Nazi Boy can go fuck yourselves in the ass, Old-THUMPER.