p411 down?

...so there may be a slight delay in getting it back up. Originally Posted by lori@p411
Amazing. All those blue pills comin' outa Canada ... and they can't get "it back up"!
It's been confirmed that we are dealing with a ddos attack... which is basically a shitload of bogus traffic directed at a site, with the intention of overwhelming the server and bringing the site down. We've been through this before, and we survived before.

The good news is that we pay mega-bucks for ddos protection which means we should never be down for more than a few minutes when under a ddos attack.

The bad news is that our hosting company simply locked the site down when the problem started today and left to celebrate the Canadian holiday. They won't be back in the office until tomorrow morning to help us deal with this.... so what should take a few minutes is going to take quite a bit longer.

Hang in there, we expect to be back up and running first thing tomorrow.

Always,
Gina
  • tf954
  • 07-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Canada day???

Really?
P411 is up and running now.
P411 is back up and running thank you for your patience
Up for a bit then back down for me..."Service unavailable".
  • zme
  • 07-01-2013, 11:02 PM
I am getting Service Unavailable too.
I thought it looked like a DDOS attack from the earlier message. Not sure about now, maybe some other kind of attack. Looks like someone does not want P411 running.
Canada day???

Really? Originally Posted by tf954
P411 is a Canadian company.
P411 is a Canadian company.
And Canada Day IS a big deal here....

We're working on the servers. Thanks for your patience.

Always,
Gina
  • Taint
  • 07-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Amazing. All those blue pills comin' outa Canada ... and they can't get "it back up"! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Look up, see blue
Canada day???

Really? Originally Posted by tf954
It's the Canadian equivalent of 4th of July.