Kim Potter trial...any predictions? No LL, not after the verdict.

Guilt on both counts.
If perps did as instructed by the Police. Things like this would have zero chance in happening. A clear mistake on her part. A month suspension w/o pay should be the only punishment!
  • WTF
  • 12-23-2021, 01:52 PM

What I found interesting was the idea from her defense that even though she didn't mean to shoot him with her gun, she was justified in doing so because she was in fear of bodily harm to one or more officers who were half in and half out of the car trying to stop the perp from driving away. If he had managed to hit the gas and take off, he would have at the least dragged the cop if not run over him therefore giving her the right to fire in his defense.

? Originally Posted by HedonistForever
Which is why I think she should be acquitted.

You can't just fight the law.
If perps did as instructed by the Police. Things like this would have zero chance in happening. A clear mistake on her part. A month suspension w/o pay should be the only punishment!
  • WTF
  • 12-23-2021, 01:57 PM
I kept asking myself "this is a street cop"? Come on man. Granted, I'm making a judgement based on nothing more than what I witnessed when she took the stand but then it all adds up ( to me at least ) how she could have been so flustered and incompetent enough not to know the difference between left and right and the weight of the weapons. She had no business being on the street other than to fill an equity quota? Originally Posted by HedonistForever
If she wasn't competent enough to be out on the streets....than the Department should be held liable.

Not her criminally.

I think I read where that was the first time she'd ever used either in the line of duty.
  • WTF
  • 12-23-2021, 01:59 PM
If perps did as instructed by the Police. Things like this would have zero chance in happening. A clear mistake on her part. A month suspension w/o pay should be the only punishment! Originally Posted by winn dixie
She already quit....after that testimony....ain't no Police Department in the whole country would hire her. I'd rather have Scooby Do as my partner.
Maybe she shouldn’t have pulled him over for having an air freshener hanging on his rear view mirror.
Hey, they carted her ass straight to jail. Guilty as charged.

It is pretty obvious this woman should have never been a cop in the first place. Maybe a meter maid would have been a better career choice.

It’s too bad she had to meet Mr Dante Wright that day. By all accounts, he was a real piece of shit. But then, that is what cops have to deal with on a daily basis.

Too bad. Dante Wright is dead, she goes to jail. Her kids and husband loose a mother and wife.

Society looses Dante Wright.

I guess that is the silver lining.
Maybe she shouldn’t have pulled him over for having an air freshener hanging on his rear view mirror. Originally Posted by NoirMan

She's that fuckin' retarded.
She's that fuckin' retarded. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
But then it escalated when Wright had no drivers license, no proof of insurance, and did indeed have an outstanding felony warrant.

Just another day in the “Hood”.
Well what did LL predict?

And after her testimony as well as her reaction on the video, she proved she had no business being on patrol and armed.

The department fucked up by letting her do both. I agree they should be held liable. And I'm sure they will in the civil suits.

But she straight up killed that kid. Mistake or not, she fucking killed him with a gun. I hope she doesn't have to spend too much time behind bar, but the law is the law. She ticked all the boxes for the crimes for which she was convicted.

Just another day in the “Hood”. Originally Posted by Jackie S

So you just HAD to write that.

Living proof you are.
  • WTF
  • 12-23-2021, 04:32 PM
Maybe she shouldn’t have pulled him over for having an air freshener hanging on his rear view mirror. Originally Posted by NoirMan
Is that wtf she pulled him over for?

She sure as fuck should not have been a patrolman.

Damn.
  • WTF
  • 12-23-2021, 04:33 PM
Well what did LL predict?

And after her testimony as well as her reaction on the video, she proved she had no business being on patrol and armed.

The department fucked up by letting her do both. I agree they should be held liable. And I'm sure they will in the civil suits.

But she straight up killed that kid. Mistake or not, she fucking killed him with a gun. I hope she doesn't have to spend too much time behind bar, but the law is the law. She ticked all the boxes for the crimes for which she was convicted. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Was she convicted?
  • WTF
  • 12-23-2021, 05:07 PM
Well...I'll be damn.

The jury has spoken.

Gotta respect that.

Damn...she really stopped him because he had a air freshener on his windshield! Crazy.