Move On!

I was referring in my post above about your quote about the insignificance of "lead time" of a cancellation not being important.....as long as she cancels. Whether it be an hour or five minutes prior. Which of course I dont fully agree on. That might be sufficient for you and might motivate you to call her again for....cancelling. But I would consider that a distinct waste of time, or fathom she overbooked and really didnt plan accordingly. And I'm sure on the other foot if I cancelled a long booking, without sufficient notice to her, I would expect she would be miffed too.

Now the fact that he acted crazy, which I'm sure most have a general consensus on and agree was wrong and should not have been done wasnt disputed by anyone in this thread including me. I just didnt agree with your lead time comment about cancellations. No one referred to you as a whiteknight or anything, so maybe that directed at someone elses posts in this thread.
So how was the cancelation made? I'm taking it not via text, so that leaves, voice message, email or an actual connection. I would be interested in what exchanged during the actual cancelation, if an email was sent at the last min and the guy was on his way to the hotel...see where I'm going. All I read was about the text reply to the cancelation, what was said during the cancelation? I agree if you canceled that is enough, but I'm with Charles on NCNS.
She cancelled, she did not NS/NC. There is a difference. You ever had an appointment with a lawyer, dentist, hair cutter? They cancel appoinments, too. Or how about the doctor's office, or motorcycle dealer that changing its hours? It does not matter if you are a provider or hobbyist, time is valuable.

I am no WK. The issue here is the harrasssment after she cancelled an appointment, not the cancellation. Originally Posted by pyramider
at least one of you guys get it!

As for the rest who doesn't understand: re read post #9 .... bc now, ya are asking stupid fucking questions, talking shit w/ nothing to say. pyramider is not a WK, I don't know him but it's guys like him that makes a difference on this board... the stupid fucking men, we can't stand them, excuse me, I CAN'T FUCKING stand them. Please refrain from asking another stupid question.

Even IF I did cancel at the last minute, I don't want receive 30 fucking texts nor do I want to fucking hear from you, GET IT?
At least she cancelled. WTF does it matter how much lead time she gives? It does not matter one bit. Originally Posted by pyramider

It matters a great deal.

If it was less than an hour and the gent traveled or booked a room he had every right to be pissed. He should have stopped at one text or call that queried what she was going to do to correct the situation. If he was unhappy with her solution, he should have politely informed her of his dissatisfaction and as CT stated so wisely, shout it from the rooftops of this board.

NCNS (or inconsiderate late cancellations without emergency cause) are every bit as bad as a gent that shorts the white envelope. Those that fail to realize this on both sides of the fence should be shunned from the hobby by the rest of the community.

She cancelled, she did not NS/NC. There is a difference. You ever had an appointment with a lawyer, dentist, hair cutter? They cancel appoinments, too. Or how about the doctor's office, or motorcycle dealer that changing its hours? It does not matter if you are a provider or hobbyist, time is valuable.

I am no WK. The issue here is the harrasssment after she cancelled an appointment, not the cancellation. Originally Posted by pyramider
Yes, I have had that happen. I do not discriminate. I give those people in the service industry a chance to make up for the inconvenience or loss they have caused me. If they do not make it right, I hold their feet to the fire and make sure others know of their poor customer service.

Perhaps I am just a mean old man, but I still insist on impeccable customer service--it is MY FUCKING MONEY--hey I didn't intend that pun, but it sure fits nicely.

As to whether the focus here is the cancellation or what transpired after, keep in mind we are only hearing Caroline's version of the events. Thirty texts indicate either harassment on his part or exaggeration on her part. All we know is that she did indeed cancel, but refuses to tell us what the time span was and her tone seems to indicate she feels she did nothing wrong or unprofessional, and even if she did, she does not seem to feel the need to justify or make up for the cancellation. I would imagine there is a great deal more to this story than we will ever know.
NCNS (or inconsiderate late cancellations without emergency cause) are every bit as bad as a gent that shorts the white envelope.
With all due respect Anonone...how do you figure? One is just plain inconsiderate and you're probably better off to not have seen her. The other is distinctly a thief...and is stealing...how are they both the same?
With all due respect Anonone...how do you figure? One is just plain inconsiderate and you're probably better off to not have seen her. The other is distinctly a thief...and is stealing...how are they both the same? Originally Posted by Likinikki
The acts are not the same, but the loss and pain are.

If a gent travels to see you and books a room (and maybe even takes one of those expensive little blue pills) and is waiting for you, only to get a call as he stares at the little peephole and chain on the room door (gents you know what I mean about this feeling) as he sits patiently on the edge of the bed and the phone rings and the provider cancels at the last moment, or even worse never calls or tells you a thing you are out money and time.

Huh. . .in fact as I type this you are right the NCNS is far worse than the scumbag that shorts the envelope of two twenty dollar bills hoping you will just not notice.

You are out forty bucks (unless he did the paper towel trick or worse) and the NCNS will be north of $150.00 depending on how far he drove and how nice the hotel was.

Either way the loss of money is not pleasant for either situation, but the regret and resentment is perhaps the worse part of either situation. I would imagine that finding a light envelope is no picnic, and probably feels the same as the gent sitting desperate and alone in a hotel room he no longer needs, but has already paid for.

Both of these types of people, scumbag johns (they don't merit the word hobbyist) and wing nut whores (they do not merit the term provider) are despicable and the bane of the community.
The hobbyist was clearly out of line in his overreaction. No argument if the facts have been accurately relayed to us.

That being said, I don't think that this provider is doing herself any favors by coming on the board and ranting and raving about it. Her post just reeks of drama. A calm post stating the facts and asking for gentlemen to refrain from similar behavior would reflect much better on the lady.

Just my two cents.
That being said, I don't think that this provider is doing herself any favors by coming on the board and ranting and raving about it. Her post just reeks of drama. A calm post stating the facts and asking for gentlemen to refrain from similar behavior would reflect much better on the lady.
TTH...I get the feeling she really doesn't give a darn what anyone thinks...but, it may just be me! (lol)

And, Anonone...in your scenario I can only imagine the disappointment and pain. However, that hobbyist could still book someone else, as there are many providers who are newbie friendly/book last minute sessions. The provider who gets robbed has no recourse as she's already out the time she has spent.

And, maybe that was her rent she needed...or money to pay her kid's daycare or to put food on the table. Just because we're providers doesn't mean we all live high on the hog. Some ladies are single mothers who are just making it. So, in this scenario...that thief is a major scumbag and by FAR worse than a NCNS hobag...imho.
The hobbyist was clearly out of line in his overreaction. No argument if the facts have been accurately relayed to us.

Just my two cents. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
+1

I feel a great deal of sympathy for Caroline and others who have gone through this with hobbyists who act like children.

At the same time, I am definitely adverse to any provider who reacts to such a situation the way this has gone down. I hobby to get away from drama, not to find even more than I already get from real life.

Cheers,
Mazo.
Mazo, TTH -- "Me three!"

Now, please excuse me while I continue browsing the showroom for my bad ass Lamborghini.
+4 .... there is nothing attractive about the threadstarter's demeanor ....

And as the old saying goes, "there are usually 3 sides to every story: his, hers, & the truth..."
And, Anonone...in your scenario I can only imagine the disappointment and pain. However, that hobbyist could still book someone else, as there are many providers who are newbie friendly/book last minute sessions. The provider who gets robbed has no recourse as she's already out the time she has spent. Originally Posted by Likinikki
My experience in the last three decades is that last minute bookings rarely work out well for all involved.

Like I said, both types of people ruin the hobby for all of us. Don't make excuses for either one.
Anonone...Agreed!!
all right, I'm going to say it like this: whoever has a problem w/ my attitude.. I'm another hooker w/ an attitude who doesn't give a fuck. Me, drama? not likely.. most of you guys who are post hos, you're the DRAMA of this board. Let the motherfucker who I'm talking about post on this thread. I want him too..

I not scared to speak my mind nor does it hurt my biz from doing so. So the rest who doesn't understand the message behind this thread, making more than what it is, do me a favor? Shut the FUCK UP.

BTW: there is an alert in the back channels. he changed his #, and apparently also his email. but by only 1 or 2 character so in the end, I'm glad I didn't see him. Ladies: this why I tell you to write a description as well bc its nothing for them to change names, #s, email addys.

I view what she did as NC/NS. She only told him when HE called to say he was running late. Apparently, she had no intention of telling him, and his call to her was serendipitous.