Democrats would destroy Supreme Court with scheme to pack justices

• oeb11
  • 10-03-2020, 01:20 PM
CT - why not try to stick to the isue at hand - 'DPST SC packinig to gain an advantage politically - and change the system ( which you say needs changes) - to a Oneparty marxist totalitrian state.

enough denial and deflection.

What changes - specifically - and to what end -CT?????

What will it be - 13, 19, 29 56 SC judges - How many liberal radical legislators from the bend does 'teh' DPST party need???

Answer - enough judges to assure DPST dominance and liberal interpretation of 'teh' Law - forever!
And all in the name of RBG - whose 'dying wish' is a liberal myth - and who opposed SC packing.
You don't read anything more erudite than ''Hickory Dickory Dock''. you won't admit the Republicans have anything to do with strained relations. You are a partisan HACK. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
No, I actually weigh your arguments and when they are way off base like that one, I can't take them seriously.

The Republicans didn't do a good job back in 2016 of explaining the Biden Rule that prevented them from considering Merrick Garland. I missed the part about only if the WH and Senate are held by opposing parties. So yeah, they fumbled that one and now they look like hypocrites. I'm not a partisan hack like you so I won't try to defend what looks like a flipflop.
Point of order-- I've seen PLENTY of Republicans making statements in regards to getting rid of all liberals.

It would appear that both sides would "love" a single party state. That is... until they get it. And that holds true for both sides. Give either party total control and see where we are in a few short years.
CT - why not try to stick to the isue at hand - 'DPST SC packinig to gain an advantage politically - and change the system ( which you say needs changes) - to a Oneparty marxist totalitrian state.

enough denial and deflection.

What changes - specifically - and to what end -CT?????

What will it be - 13, 19, 29 56 SC judges - How many liberal radical legislators from the bend does 'teh' DPST party need???

Answer - enough judges to assure DPST dominance and liberal interpretation of 'teh' Law - forever!
And all in the name of RBG - whose 'dying wish' is a liberal myth - and who opposed SC packing. Originally Posted by oeb11
I don't deny and deflect. I dare say I'm the most real and non-partisan poster on this Board. stop laughing.

9 Justices, an 18 year term limit. Solved.
chun tran is having selective memory on 1987.

the fracas between Jim Wright and Newt Gingrich had nothing to do with the borking of a supreme court nominee Bork. Jim Wright caused his own problems when he was forced to resign. Newt took advantage of Jims errors and played it up. this is just house politics. why would house politics get involved in senate politics? just doesn't work that way.
  • oeb11
  • 10-03-2020, 02:20 PM
I don't deny and deflect. I dare say I'm the most real and non-partisan poster on this Board. stop laughing.

9 Justices, an 18 year term limit. Solved. Originally Posted by Chung Tran

constructive post - something to consider

Why 18 years??
that might shorten the term of a younger judges

Why not a retirement age - mandatory.

and -what would the beneficial effects be of a change to make the situation better than we have now???
The SCOTUS has already been destroyed thanks to Moscow Mitch and El Douchebag at the helm. Or have you been living under a rock the past few years.

If The Democrats go for 13 justices for the highest court then so be it. There’s nothing in the constitution or the rules to say they can’t.

So stop your Whining and accept what’s on the cards.

Republicans have broken so many rules, so what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. Moscow Mitch has also destroyed the integrity of the Senate, so many bills to help folks in need wait to be signed but he’s ignored the lot. But his buddies and Trump have looted the relief money $$$ that’s on the table.
But you Trumpanzees seem to be happy with that. I can bet none of you are rich to be on Trumps favorites list so how much $$$ did you get besides the $1200. And many of you have lost your jobs. If so, how’s that working out for you,
The SCOTUS has already been destroyed thanks to Moscow Mitch and El Douchebag at the helm. Or have you been living under a rock the past few years. Originally Posted by PythonLeeJackson
Hey python, why comment when it's obvious you can't even follow the discussion or read and comprehend the links?

The problem goes all the way back to 1987 when the dim-retards started their race to the bottom. Were you in remedial reading reform school back then? Or was that your daddy?
As Trump said in the debate, elections have consequences, in this case Repulican control of the presidency and the Senate, thereby controlling SCOTUS nominations and approval of those nominated.

I personally do not support expansion of the current 9 judge maximum. Biden definitely has avoided answering the question. There is a better than 50-50 chance Biden will become POTUS #46 very soon and a chance the Senate flips. Then we'll see what happens.
We need term limits on the Justices. Because this Court back-and-forth has been going on since 1987. The system is flawed, and nothing short of rule changes will improve the process. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
We are never going to have a perfect court or government - too many fucking liberals and commies.
  • oeb11
  • 10-03-2020, 05:11 PM
We are never going to have a perfect court or government - too many fucking liberals and commies. Originally Posted by friendly fred

Not mention nuts and fruitcakes!
  • oeb11
  • 10-03-2020, 05:12 PM
We are never going to have a perfect court or government - too many fucking liberals and commies. Originally Posted by friendly fred

Not mention nuts and fruitcakes! and the haters who have no life -

DPST's - get some professional help
your lives can be better!
Not mention nuts and fruitcakes! Originally Posted by oeb11
I did neglect to mention all the faggots as well...fucking DPST's have so many inadequacies...
Point of order-- I've seen PLENTY of Republicans making statements in regards to getting rid of all liberals. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
To be fair, only the Proud Boys of ECCIE has made statements in regard to killing all liberals. And they do it every day.

This began here on ECCIE when America had the audacity to elect a black man and then nominate a woman for president.

They now openly tease armed civil war.

Trumpism is a disease. Voting is the cure. Can’t really continue basing our discussion on false equivalency. We’re all adults and adulteresses here, right?
Not mention nuts and fruitcakes! Originally Posted by oeb11
Again, your aggressive homophobia is revealed, oeb11.

Nothing cogent or constructive. Just name calling and hysterics.

Give it a rest.