Football when you was a kid

Bam, Joe Adcock hit the homer in the 13th. Felix Mantilla scored the winning run, Hank Aaron just went to the dugout instead of crossing the plate behind him so Joe only got credited with a double. Originally Posted by jw4591
Fuckin Hank Aaron
Hint: He was from fayettenam Originally Posted by jw4591
Alice fuckin Cooper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was it Frankie Gustine? One of my golf buddies played on that Pitt team. He said the hardest hit he ever took was when Larry Csonka trucked him. Saw So many great players over the years. Dorsett is still the best college player I saw in person. Clemente in baseball, Connie Hawkins in BB, Lemiuex in hockey. I'm suprised Yssup mentioned Alley/Maz combo. They may still hold the single season double play record. And Stargell played LF on that team. Stargell was a stud then. Big and athletic. He also possessed a great arm. He ran into the brick wall several times. The 70 Steelers? Which one was the best? Who can say. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the King, Arnold Palmer. I was a marshal at the 93 US Open at Oakmont. I was standing on the 18th fairway as he made his final walk there. Not a dry eye in the gallery. Including mine. That was special. I also followed Jack Nicklaus on his final 2 holes at Augusta. The Indy 500 is an awesome event to see as is a World Cup downhill race. Those fuckin guys are nuts. JW, tell Yssup Goerge Blanda is from your hood. Originally Posted by bambino
Stargell was a monster. But definitely overshadowed by Clemente. Bucs always had another journeyman guy who had his career year when they needed it... Like Bob Robertson.

I can assure you I know all about George Blanda. I remember him kicking off "watermelon style" when the winds were too high to tee up the ball. He was tough as nails. Chicago gave up on him. He played another 15 or 20 years. QBed Oakland into the playoffs when Lamonica got hurt late in the season, as I recall.

Great traditions.

Every towns got 'em.
clemente was by far the greatest right fielder to play the game and also was pure class

arnie was one of the greats in golf but he most certainly is the most loved by fans

best pure pocket passer with a bullet arm and quick release---- marino

steelers of the 70's.................need I say more

best pure pocket passer with a bullet arm and quick release Originally Posted by chizzy
the snake was the best, kenny stabler
You're right JW. before my time.

Football when I was a kid was played by the likes of "Mean" Joe Greene, Terry Bradshaw, Blount, Franco Harris, Swann, and a guy named Lambert.

In my hood it was flag football, we only played tackle football in the winter after a good snowfall because we played on an asphalt parking lot.
the snake was the best, kenny stabler Originally Posted by jw4591
I was talking about qb's out of pittsburgh jw...............

the snake was good, no doubt but marino had the quickest release I ever saw in a qb
Nobody even deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Marino. If he had any sort of a team around him or any sort of a running back his accomplishments would have been untouchable.
You're right JW. before my time.

Football when I was a kid was played by the likes of "Mean" Joe Greene, Terry Bradshaw, Blount, Franco Harris, Swann, and a guy named Lambert. Originally Posted by sexymaid_69
Jinny, Kenny Stabler played with them. The snake vs Bradshaw were great games.
Jinny, Kenny Stabler played with them. The snake vs Bradshaw were great games. Originally Posted by jw4591
The snake finished his career in Houston. Still had an arm... A lots of gray whiskers.

Marino was also a movie star...
  • o_t
  • 12-04-2013, 05:17 AM
When did Doug flutie transfer from Boston college to Notre Dame?
The best ball player I ever saw play......... That's an easy one......... He was and is the all time best at his position......... no debating that point......... AllPro........ HOF......Championships........ ...long career........ Hell, they even changed the rules because of him and he still dominated all comers.

MEL BLOUNT
MEL BLOUNT Originally Posted by OMGitsHuge
Deion Sanders mixed with the hitting and temperament of Jack Lambert. People forget how good he really was because they didnt pass much in those days.
The best ball player I ever saw play......... That's an easy one......... He was and is the all time best at his position......... no debating that point......... AllPro........ HOF......Championships........ ...long career........ Hell, they even changed the rules because of him and he still dominated all comers.

MEL BLOUNT Originally Posted by OMGitsHuge
They changed the rules because of him. Now it's a 7 on 7 passing drill.

Fuckin Mel Blount

Stabler was great, and a drunk. But he couldn't throw the ball like Marino. He and Namath had the quickest releases ever. I like QBs that drink.

Fuckin Bobby Layne
None of these modern guys could carry Otto Graham's jockstrap.