So if you have a pet in the room and you get in trouble?

acp...probably something like, "cock-a-doodle-do...any cock will do!"

EW...maybe you should start teaching her to say, "I plead the 5th...I know nothing copper!"
acp...probably something like, "cock-a-doodle-do...any cock will do!"

EW...maybe you should start teaching her to say, "I plead the 5th...I know nothing copper!" Originally Posted by Likinikki
Hahaha... Yeah I can just hear that bird everytime the OP gets undressed, " Nice Tits Baby" What if that bird gets so smart that if the OP ever gets in trouble the bird tells the cop " Hey copper want a Blow Job", lol.
I've never taught the parrot any "naughty" words. She knows how to sing a few songs and she will say, "Hey big boy! Why don't you come up and see me sometime!"

Otherwise, she is all "G" in her verbiage. Well, except for one word. I was REALLY mad one day, this was years (decades) ago and I was railing about something and cursing. I was saying "Goddammit" ... and just really mad.

When she gets excited, she's go round and around her cage and go "Godwhammit", "Godwhammit" and generally, I'm the only one that recognizes what she's saying unless someone is really paying attention!

I would never suggest anyone getting an exotic bird. They're hell to take care of, if you do it right it's constant in terms of food and care, and they demand a lot of attention to be cared for correctly.

Right now, I'm taking care of a wonderful rescue conure (green cheeked) and trying to find a good home for it. And it's VERY difficult to find a home that has the time to give a small or medium bird the hand time (they need and deserve at least an hour or two a day) to keep the animal emotionally healthy.

Hugs,
Elisabeth
  • Joyce
  • 05-30-2012, 07:39 AM
I remember seeing on Home Videos a couples bird after getting a little sugar and it was laughing and laughing and laughing....and dancing to music. I've seen other animals laugh too, like a couple of seagulls outside my window, and my cat would snicker sometimes... I had a bunch of other little names for him and whenever I called him "Soupy the Sailor Cat", (I think it's because of the way it sounds if you put some extra slur in it), he'd smile and do this snicker...

TigerCat - I can see about allergie situations. I'd probably mention if I had an animal.

Animals on their own and cages - they can be so abused with people or have good lives - but what about mates and family division - why they become apart of the family and maybe day dream about relationships. I'd rather be in the wild than the zoo on cement, hay, - and then when they say your time comes...here comes the needle (hate to bring it up). I like how observant enough and all around type people can know how they can communicate with fellow animal species though - this deer at the park was showing other deer how it could come up to me and they were all upset for it. They hunt them their too - hate to get close because you know it's personality and then never see it again...
EW,

Sort of off the subject, but in line with your comments about a lot of care required for the birds. I don't know that much about them, but I do know they do need a lot of care, a lot of attention. They are intelligent animals, not sure where they rank in line with dogs, cats, horses, dolphins, but they will not react well to being left totally alone.

At the same time, they have a long life span. Not like a goldfish that might not live 6 months in a tank and then you flush down the toilet. And since the bird requires so much more attention, you are much more likely to become attached than to a fish in a tank.
When you have an animal with a life span of over 60 years, if cared for well, it's a whole different ballgame. Also, even with this green conure that I've had for a few weeks, these little animals can live thirty years in captivity.

So it's important to have a game plan for the animal in case something happens to the person owning one. It's really not like having a dog.

And honestly, I feel that having exotic animals should be illegal for the most part. But that's another topic!

Thanks for all of the suggestions and good thoughts!

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
  • Joyce
  • 05-30-2012, 08:03 AM
When little, I flushed a few goldfish at first because was told too...but after that I'd put them in a little white, paper, jewelry box with tissue and bury them with a few twigs for a cross, wrapped with thread...I might today too...or at least the box, keep it more natural, or even no box because it seems free'er to the earth and not confined...thought about that for me too...just the earth someplace natural...I'd like that best.
When little, I flushed a few goldfish at first because was told too...but after that I'd put them in a little white, paper, jewelry box with tissue and bury them with a few twigs for a cross, wrapped with thread...I might today too...or at least the box, keep it more natural, or even no box because it seems free'er to the earth and not confined...thought about that for me too...just the earth someplace natural...I'd like that best. Originally Posted by Joyce
I chucked out $300 for a baby casket for my cat when it died. My Mom thought I went way overboard. The cat went in the ground with it's head on a satin pillow and satin cushion all around the rest of the inside. Then a zippered plastic bag all around the outside of the coffin to keep the bugs & water out. We played Elton John's "Funeral For A Friend" when we buried him. It sure seems like the better way to go than how our family cat was laid to rest. Dad just tossed poor kitty in a deep pit in the ground, then tossed a sheet over the top, packed the dirt on top and then poured a cement slab over it to put our "playhouse" on top of that. We played "over" the cat each time we used that girlie fort.
Just a reminder to everybody: This is the legal forum, not the sandbox. Thank you.
True. But sometimes, a little thread drift is fun!

Mods ... we can close this topic if you wish!!!

Thanks,
Elisabeth
Closed at OP request.