It's sad that All of the Republican leadership in Congress refused to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Selma

Let me explain what makes me unique and you not so much. I came from poverty to wealth through hard work. I can empathize with the poor while also condemning the lazy within the ranks of the poor. I can also relate to wealthy whites while supporting the ideals of hard work and and unity at the same time rejecting the notion of racism and bigotry.

I'm uniquely qualified to speak on this issue because I can relate to both perspectives whereas you cannot. Your viewpoint in all things is very limited. Jesus had similar qualities in that he could relate to poor and to wealth. Of course I'm not comparing myself to Jesus but if you're a Christian which most republicans claim to be then the lessons of the gospels are totally lost on you guys. Much of what you espouse is hypocrisy run amuk. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
So basically, you are saying... hypocrisy is sacrament to Ozombies. We already knew that.
What a bunch of self aggrandizing malarky. What you describe as "unique" is better described as "overblown self importance."

You are not unique. The only uniqueness you possess is your lack of humility and introspection.

You only think you empathize; when in reality you rationalize.

Let me explain what makes me unique and you not so much. I came from poverty to wealth through hard work. I can empathize with the poor while also condemning the lazy within the ranks of the poor. I can also relate to wealthy whites while supporting the ideals of hard work and and unity at the same time rejecting the notion of racism and bigotry.

I'm uniquely qualified to speak on this issue because I can relate to both perspectives whereas you cannot. Your viewpoint in all things is very limited. Jesus had similar qualities in that he could relate to poor and to wealth. Of course I'm not comparing myself to Jesus but if you're a Christian which most republicans claim to be then the lessons of the gospels are totally lost on you guys. Much of what you espouse is hypocrisy run amuk. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
you are using sleight of hand to cover your boast

honesty is required in any valuable discussion

additionally you attribute to me failings, of which, you have no basis to judge Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Your politics speak on your behalf. I'm sure if Jesus was on earth he'd consider republicans to be pharisees of his day.
Your politics speak on your behalf. I'm sure if Jesus was on earth he'd consider republicans to be pharisees of his day. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
the study rigorous study of philosophy may aid you in honing your ability to reason

additionally it may teach you the value of honesty
the study rigorous study of philosophy may aid you in honing your ability to reason

additionally it may teach you the value of honesty Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Hmmm. Well the philosophical teachings of the gospels are on my side. Congressional Republican leadership is clearly at odds with Christianity. If I'm not mistaken even the Pope recently admonished the Republicans for their non compassionate policies. I will see if I can find the Pope's excouriation of Republicans.

It's simple stop being selfish, self centered, greedy, false patriots, and void of any christ like forgiveness.
Sad is Obama's broken promise of being the first "post-racial" President by playing the race card constantly and using huckster Al Sharpton as an appointed rabble rouser and shake down artist...with the full approval of the DNC.
Sad is Obama's broken promise of being the first "post-racial" President by playing the race card constantly and using huckster Al Sharpton as an appointed rabble rouser and shake down artist...with the full approval of the DNC. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Smelly ol' Turdfly, let's assume for a brief moment that your (thus far unsubstantiated) allegations are accurate?

Where is the link that the above has "the full approval of the DNC?"
Not one decided to go. Talk about a colossal failure of leadership. Looks as if they have no big tent afterall and it's likely why they'll never win the presidency again. They just dont know how to think ahead. I'm sure if we were commemorating the 50th of anything Jewish there wouldnt be enough seats for congressional republicans. If they cant get behind this effort to commemorate progress in America they are doomed. Very disappointing decision as they missed a real opportunity.

I guess they think the open hostility approach will work. Not even George Bush would condone this type of behavior and in fact he will be there. Kudos to president Bush he always showed true conservative compassion.

For the others who dont think like the President Bush who showed much grace toward minority groups shame on you. The perception like Maher said remains intact: "If you are a Republican you are not necessarily a racist but if you are a racist you are probably a Republican".

Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
Another hilarious thread. Even if Republicans would have attended nobody would have appreciate it anyway, so I can't say I blame them. If they would have attended you would have come out with a thread that Republicans attended Selma Alabama just to falsely appease the black community. You're not fooling anybody. You're just as much a hypocrite and racist as anybody.

Jim
Sad is Obama's broken promise of being the first "post-racial" President by playing the race card constantly and using huckster Al Sharpton as an appointed rabble rouser and shake down artist...with the full approval of the DNC. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Please provide links proving ANY of that outrageous bullshit, gonad.

The perception like Maher said remains intact: "If you are a Republican you are not necessarily a racist but if you are a racist you are probably a Republican". Originally Posted by Zanzibar789

How about this one, zanyzit:

"If you are a Muslim you are not necessarily a terrorist but if you are a terrorist you are probably a Muslim."

Do you agree? Is that an "intact" perception?
I'm not comparing myself to Jesus but if you're a Christian which most republicans claim to be then the lessons of the gospels are totally lost on you guys. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
I'm sure if Jesus was on earth he'd consider republicans to be pharisees of his day. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
Well the philosophical teachings of the gospels are on my side. Congressional Republican leadership is clearly at odds with Christianity. Originally Posted by Zanzibar789

Actually zanyzit, if Jesus was on earth today he would scold you for your sinful and insufferably smug attitude of moral superiority. And he would praise the Republicans for voting more overwhelmingly than their Democratic counterparts to pass the 1965 Civil Rights Act. Just a few months after the march on Selma, they voted their consciences. Judging by the simple arithmetic of that vote, the GOP was morally superior to the Democrats on the issue. But it would be a sin for me to be smug and rub your nose in this irrefutable fact. So let's just say instead of lambasting the Republicans, you should be thanking them.

1964 Civil Rights Act

Senate vote breakdown:
Democratic Party: 46–21 (69%–31%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82%–18%)

House vote breakdown:
Democratic Party: 153–91 (63%–37%)
Republican Party: 136–35 (80%–20%)

you are using sleight of hand to cover your boast

honesty is required in any valuable discussion

additionally you attribute to me failings, of which, you have no basis to judge Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
then all these discussions are meaningless
then all these discussions are meaningless Originally Posted by UnderConstruction

you may be onto something
Actually zanyzit, if Jesus was on earth today he would scold you for your sinful and insufferably smug attitude of moral superiority. And he would praise the Republicans for voting more overwhelmingly than their Democratic counterparts to pass the 1965 Civil Rights Act. Just a few months after the march on Selma, they voted their consciences. Judging by the simple arithmetic of that vote, the GOP was morally superior to the Democrats on the issue. Instead of lambasting the Republicans, you should be thanking them.

1964 Civil Rights Act

Senate vote breakdown:
Democratic Party: 46–21 (69%–31%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82%–18%)

House vote breakdown:
Democratic Party: 153–91 (63%–37%)
Republican Party: 136–35 (80%–20%)

. Originally Posted by lustylad
We've had this discussion, you unemployable jizzmopper. This is today, 2015, not 1965. They didn't show. No Southern democrats voted for civil rights either. And?
you may be onto something Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
If you've seen monkeys flinging shit at themselves, you've seen these threads in action.