Obama was right

if you say so Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

You're the one who called him the "G.O.A.T.".
the "G.O.A.T." of anti-americanism and racist ideology. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

ftfy
Now that was a good one.

Remember when President Obama was holding those Hispanic town halls when immigration was a very hot political issue? And he told them REPEATEDLY that he didn't have the power to give them what they wanted, a guarantee that nobody would be deported for illegally entering the country, that I, as President, can not make laws, only Congress can do that.

Well, damn if he wasn't right even though he decided to use EO on something called DACA.

Of course I knew at the time it was un-constitutional, that indeed, no President has the power to do that.

But it looks like these Presidents are feeling their oats and they'll say to themselves "so what if the Constitution says I can't do this". "I will do this anyway and see if they can stop me, it will be in the courts for years long after I'm gone and, it will be the best political move for my re-election.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/16/u...-dreamers.html

Judge Rules DACA Is Unlawful and Suspends Applications

The judge said President Barack Obama exceeded his authority when he created the program, but for now people protected under it will retain the ability to stay and work in the United States.

A federal judge in Texas on Friday ruled unlawful a program that has shielded hundreds of thousands of undocumented young adults from deportation, throwing into question yet again the fate of immigrants known as Dreamers.

The judge, Andrew S. Hanen of the United States District Court in Houston, said President Barack Obama exceeded his authority when he created the program, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, by executive action in 2012.

]But the judge wrote that current program recipients would not be immediately affected, and that the federal government should not “take any immigration, deportation or criminal action” against them that it “would not otherwise take.”

The Department of Homeland Security may continue to accept new applications but is temporarily prohibited from approving them, the judge ruled. Immigrants currently enrolled in the program, most of whom were brought to the United States as children, will for now retain the ability to stay and work in the country, though those protections could evaporate if the government is unable to rectify a series of legal shortcomings

Judge Hanen, who was appointed by President George W. Bush, ruled that the creation of the program violated the Administrative Procedure Act, in part because comment from the general public was never sought. “D.H.S. failed to engage in the statutorily mandated process,” he wrote, “so DACA never gained status as a legally binding policy that could impose duties or obligations.”
The Biden administration is expected to appeal the ruling, and unless Congress steps in with a legislative remedy, the ultimate legality of DACA is almost certain to be decided by the Supreme Court. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
DACA wasn't created by an EO.
DACA wasn't created by an EO. Originally Posted by Tigbitties38

yes it was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferr...dhood_Arrivals

The policy, an executive branch memorandum, was announced by President Barack Obama on June 15, 2012. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) began accepting applications for the program on August 15, 2012.
yes it was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferr...dhood_Arrivals

The policy, an executive branch memorandum, was announced by President Barack Obama on June 15, 2012. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) began accepting applications for the program on August 15, 2012. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

No, it wasn't.

From the NYT link in the post I quoted.

"Correction: July 19, 2021
An earlier version of this article misidentified the method President Barack Obama used to create DACA. He did so through an executive action, not an executive order. Because of an editing error, the article also described incorrectly how current DACA recipients are affected by a court ruling. The judge allowed renewals to proceed; he did not say they could temporarily not be approved."

Also contained in the OP:

"The judge, Andrew S. Hanen of the United States District Court in Houston, said President Barack Obama exceeded his authority when he created the program, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, by executive action in 2012."

Executive orders and actions aren't the same thing.
From Wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_memorandum
From the NYT link in the post I quoted.

"Correction: July 19, 2021
An earlier version of this article misidentified the method President Barack Obama used to create DACA. He did so through an executive action, not an executive order. Because of an editing error, the article also described incorrectly how current DACA recipients are affected by a court ruling. The judge allowed renewals to proceed; he did not say they could temporarily not be approved."

Also contained in the OP:

"The judge, Andrew S. Hanen of the United States District Court in Houston, said President Barack Obama exceeded his authority when he created the program, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, by executive action in 2012."

Executive orders and actions aren't the same thing.
From Wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_memorandum Originally Posted by Tigbitties38

order? action? what's the difference? Obama exceeded his authority and the courts said he did.

what's your point?
order? action? what's the difference? Obama exceeded his authority and the courts said he did.

what's your point? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
The link I included tells you the difference.
The OP post has a link to the NYT article and states the judge's finding.

My point is get it right. The information is in the OP.

What's your point?

What's your point? Originally Posted by Tigbitties38

Obama was wrong. that's the point.
Obama was wrong. that's the point. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
10 years ago. And you don't even understand how. So you lie about it to pretend you're up on things.

Obama being wrong was your point, not mine.

So that makes you being wrong okay? My point is you and the OP were wrong. You have access to the same information I do. You don't care about the truth of the story. I gave you the information about the differences between the excutive statements and you chose to remain ignorant about them. Your choice.
And now you're harassing me because I proved you wrong and have my own points.

What's your point? Originally Posted by Tigbitties38
To bend the facts like Tucker C. LOL!
To bend the facts like Tucker C. LOL! Originally Posted by Precious_b

if you say so.
Fine, Obama used an EA that was unlawful, that he knew was unlawful because he repeated that fact often but did it anyway.
10 years ago. And you don't even understand how. So you lie about it to pretend you're up on things.

Obama being wrong was your point, not mine.

So that makes you being wrong okay? My point is you and the OP were wrong. You have access to the same information I do. You don't care about the truth of the story. I gave you the information about the differences between the excutive statements and you chose to remain ignorant about them. Your choice.
And now you're harassing me because I proved you wrong and have my own points. Originally Posted by Tigbitties38
Go ahead and point out to him the "fact" that the Steele Dossier was started and funded by right wing, republican conservatives. Seems to always make him choke up in rebutal.
Go ahead and point out to him the "fact" that the Steele Dossier was started and funded by right wing, republican conservatives. Seems to always make him choke up in rebutal. Originally Posted by Precious_b

that lame argument? again???