Hobby Phone

So as somone who for the last 4 years has relied on the 2 providers I can schedule with via email and AMPs, are y'all telling me that most providers schedule via text and email?

If so.... not to hijack my own thread, but can we start a short list of providers who:

-Schedule via text or email
-Are usually available same day
-In North Dallas, Plano, Frisco area
-and some of your favorites (hotties, fun, easy to schedule, etc)
I'll start the list....

Melanie/Lisa - awesome, hot, fun to play with, easy to schedule with
I've been playing with my google voice setup. Texts are easy and safe.

Calls still seem to be tricky, especially outgoing calls. I place a call through GV, it shows a random number and that is what shows up on the phone bill. If the SO just googles / searches on that number, no problem. If she calls that number from the phone bill, it will connect her to who I called. That could be a problem. Will the random number always be tied to who I actually called, or is it eventually disassociated?

Might have to look into the talkatone app mentioned previously.
Just go to Wally's and get a cheap ass phone and a $25 card for $35 and tax and quit trying to iPhone and Android and google and hide all that stuff on your real phone. If you're ashamed of being seen with a ghetto phone, hide somewhere when making the call. AT&T doesn't know who you are and doesn't care and you can be dialing your pink of choice before you're out of the parking lot.
That is what I do phildo, and will continue to do so until I'm convinced GV is safe. Problem is, there is also a risk of discovery of the hobby phone by the SO. Happened to me once, and the excuse I gave probably wouldn't fly a second time.
My concern is Google does not delete anything. It does not delete it "archives". They use the info to place and generate ads. Plus the web is never truly anonymous. Perhaps someone more knowlegeable can clarify.

For the lawyer typea have Google records been used in court?
If you want to stay private know now that all the GV and app traffic carries all the original data, the data it was changed to and the ISP/tower/phone ID it came from, even if you use web time. Using that stuff leaves more tracks than a tall dog in fresh snow.

Pay cash for a Go Phone. Take the battery out of it when you're not using it. Stash it someplace hard to get to, like in the jack bag by your spare tire. Yeah, really, you aren't on the phone doing that much pink business that you can't pop your trunk at QT and get your phone out. And if you ARE on the phone with pink all the time you're a free man and don't need a hobby phone anyway.
  • mertz
  • 09-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Trac Phone from Cvs...Prepaid 200 min card and its a go...

The worst thing is the texting...Im So slow on that damm thing...I phone its not
Im not about to use GV just yet...I dont know how but a friend got busted by his SO talking to his girl friend...He had told me she didnt trust him and was always checking up on him..I think that is where the problem could be.. If your SO dont trust you or whatever...she just might find a way to figure it all out. Thats why I just have a throw away Hobby phone...no tracking and like Phildo said hide it and hide it good...
Unless you're doing something that homeland security or the FBI might be interested in, you don't need to worry that Google stores a lot of data. Google is not going to give out personal data to your SO or anyone else. Doing so would threaten the foundation of their business.

To those of you who are worried about data, how do you post on here? Aren't you worried about the trail of information that leads right back to your userid on your computer or mobile?

In my opinion, the biggest risk by far is one's own carelessness, regardless of which strategy you choose to use.
Unless you're doing something that homeland security or the FBI might be interested in, you don't need to worry that Google stores a lot of data. Google is not going to give out personal data to your SO or anyone else. Doing so would threaten the foundation of their business.

To those of you who are worried about data, how do you post on here? Aren't you worried about the trail of information that leads right back to your userid on your computer or mobile?

In my opinion, the biggest risk by far is one's own carelessness, regardless of which strategy you choose to use. Originally Posted by Lust4xxxLife
Exactly. Google isn't rolling over and giving info away. Especially based on a random gmail address you set up.

Whether your use GV or a hobby phone, the biggest key to not getting caught is staying off the radar in the first place. No matter how much you think you're James Bond, if there is suspicion...you are undoubtedly leaving enough clues to get busted.

I've had two friends get busted in the last year for civilian and hobby hook ups. In both cases they did enough to get their SO's suspicious. One got caught when a keystroke logger was installed. The other one got busted when a gps was hidden in their car.

They both thought thier SO's were technologically clueless. The problem was they were as savvy as the friends, family, PI or attorney who advised them.

In both cases they were rung up before they knew what hit them.

Technology is a double edge sword. It's made hobbying signicantly easier. But it's made it MUCH easier to leave tracks that'll get you busted.

Be careful out there.
Exactly. Google isn't rolling over and giving info away. Originally Posted by outbound
Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about the telecom carriers.

And in case you wonder how many years each carrier keeps your data:

Wow....learned something today. and a very important something. Thanks for all the info everyone!
Trac Phone from Cvs...Prepaid 200 min card and its a go...

...Thats why I just have a throw away Hobby phone...no tracking and like Phildo said hide it and hide it good... Originally Posted by mertz
just hope that you guys & gals are at least eRecycling these throw-away phones!!! or clearing all info and donating them to a non-profit!

[when deleting info, edit and save new info, then delete it.
like, chg maryMagnificent's ph# from 999-555-1212 to 123-456-7890. also email addr etc. probably the closest it would come to wiping the memory completely clean].

as best you can, hobby safely and protect the environment.