the hobby and your friends?

Uh, I think that I just clicked the "Like" button on that request, D_G. I thinck. Originally Posted by bbkid
I second that.

The SO knows. A couple friends know. If the boss comes with cash in hand I thank him and send him away
All my friends know what I do and they don't judge. Some have even done it and some haven't. Only your true friends will still be your friends no matter what. I'm lucky to have them!
After reading a recent thread it got me thinking. How many of you here hobbyist or provide have friends that don't know? In my situation I have been hobbying for about 10 or so years when I am single and have not told anyone that I do it. I have even spoken poorly about having to pay for it with friends. I know someone is going to say you have to pay one way or another.

Bottom line is how many hobby but are extremely discrete and even look down upon it with friends? Originally Posted by iamhavingfun
I think the old saying loose lips sink ships would be in order here. Most folks here have good jobs, and as this type of hobby is illegal in almost everyplace in this country. I would advise folks to keep it private. Just my opinion though, to each his own.
I would never tell anyone who doesn't already know me well enough to know that it would come as no great surprise. When having philosophical discussions with people about such subjects my bottom line has always been that you can't legislate morality but you sure as hell can tax it. Anyone who thinks you can eliminate a behavior just by slapping a law on it is naive and any lawmaker who thinks that it isn't in the country's best interest to increase revenue by legalizing things like prostitution, gambling and pot smoking is just another mindless politician.
It ain't for my civilian friends and associates to know that I hobby. Just that simple.
For the people who don't know me well I treat my personal life like an open investigation.
1. Deny Deny Deny.

But if your talking about friends. Real friends? Well It would never be a question because they would already know the answer. Real friends most likely wouldn't care.

Personal life is called personal for a reason. If you feel ashamed or feel the need to look down upon your hobby its probably best to keep personal life just that. Personal.

Business is business. And business is Always Best when people mine their own.
  • Trey
  • 05-25-2013, 11:34 AM
My boys know to a point they don't know how far into it I am. They think I just see one girl for the most part. I have one buddy I've hooked up with a lady here he don't hobby much more then once a year I couldn't let him keep wasting money at the AMP.
Nobody, until that bachelor party when a bunch of buddies caught me getting head from a stripper in a booth.
Most of my friends know and they have no problem with it. Of course, my situation is different. I don't think any woman has looked at me in the last 30 plus years and said, "See that guy in the wheelchair, I want to fuck him." I have had, "I liked fucking him," and it was before I ever started doing this, or maybe it was my first. Turned out my mom's boyfriend paid a chick I met while out with him. I told him after we left I'd love to fuck her. The next day I did. After, I found out my mother was in on it. It was part of their conversation when they took her to dinner for details, I later was told. Thanks mother, I think.
Is Jemma Martin just plain beautiful or what?
I consider it what I call a "state secret." I do not share it with male friends who are non hobbyists. I have a close friend who is also a hobbyist and we compare notes a lot. We have even hooked each other with girls who are providers / strippers. I have done girls at his house he invited me over to do. Having a friend in the hobby is a great way to get advice on the hobby - its like the "ask coach" button on EA sports college fb.

I think you would be committing professional suicide to share it with coworkers. Keep it on a need to know basis only. People who are into tradtional dating really don't understand the hobby anymore than civilians understand what its like to to me a military pilot. One has to "be in the program" to be a hobbyist.

I do not share it with women I meet even off whores off sites like seeking arrangement. They figure out soon enough I am experienced and am glad I am. I will have one ask "how did you know about this place (Palace Inn) and would tell her "I had been seeing this girl a couple of years....." But don't mention this a place I have probably done dozens of girls at over the past several years.
I've got a buddy that works with a guy that openingly says that he hobbys. Most of the ladies that work with him constantly make fun of him for it. Originally Posted by iamhavingfun
I am not surprised they try to put him down, but they probably know they can't compete with the women he hobbies with anyhow.

Would keep my mouth shut at work....
I thinck the easiest thing to do is be like Wakeup and not have any friends. Originally Posted by boardman
That's actually a LOT harder than it sounds...lots of people want to be my friend for some strange reason...it takes work...I'm just sayin'...
Wu mmmm are you sure they just tryin ta not be in your sights?

As I find you to be at times one of the most useful asshole on the board, even if I got burnt a few times. So some may be just tryin ta not be a target with faults friendship. Your assholyness probably has done more good than some want ta admit.
Nobody, until that bachelor party when a bunch of buddies caught me getting head from a stripper in a booth. Originally Posted by enderwiggin
That's "hobbying"?