Nooks and Krannies.

I hear the duck tours are great fun!

Duck! Duck! Swim

Hey Pam,

What about crazy golf? Or just go play golf, and you supply the crazy. Couldn't resist that one.
i meant that they had excellent food compared to a place i remember in that little shopping center above brahaus. the brickhouse? is that still there? i prefer bohemia over brahaus too for its environment. having lived in the czech republic it's one of the only things in arkansas that reminded me of my time there. Originally Posted by figure_artist
If this is the place on the very north end of Central, the best I can tell Bohemia is closed down. I have tried to go there several times, and it has always been closed. The last time I drove by it looked completely vacant.
  • MrGiz
  • 03-14-2010, 12:01 AM
If this is the place on the very north end of Central, the best I can tell Bohemia is closed down. I have tried to go there several times, and it has always been closed. The last time I drove by it looked completely vacant. Originally Posted by Caligula
Yeah.... that's the place. As far as I can tell.... it has looked that way for the past four years!

In Fact.... the main attraction in that part of town.... untill about six months ago, was the Cat Depository! The place with dozens of loose cats in the window as you drove by.... it's been since, cleared out.

The other claim to fame for that area of town was an infamous night, meeting Dayshia and one of her girls.... Duglin tagging along.

Not exactly, the High Rent section of town...

Giz
I would say have to say an ideal evening in Hot Springs starts at Brau Haus and ends with me not knowing where I am or how I got there...preferably with good company. Ein Bier, bitte.
Sorry everyone. I didn't realize it was closed. I was out of the country for a few until late last year. I miss that place already knowing that. Still, searching for new places is always fun when you find some amazing food.

All that to say I'll make sure to check my info before posting next time.
I remember a time when this question would not have been asked. The good folks wanting a tourist and family friendly town fucked it up. They claimed the money would flow if they could just clean it up. I sure the gator farm pulls in alot more money than The Black Orchid did, and the fish tank is alot bigger draw than The Vapors was. And I never noticed LE problems then, maybe I was just lucky. The type of encounters with police I had was a state trooper at oaklawn told me if I didn't get my drunk ass out of the street he was going to let the traffic run over me. He laughed, but I think he meant it. It would have been a much better move to have sent the church folks to Branson and kept Hot Springs as it was meant to be.
  • MrGiz
  • 03-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Sorry everyone. I didn't realize it was closed. I was out of the country for a few until late last year. I miss that place already knowing that. Still, searching for new places is always fun when you find some amazing food.

All that to say I'll make sure to check my info before posting next time. Originally Posted by figure_artist
No Problemo Senor,
It's nice to at least know it was a nice place at one time!

The Vapors.... I remember that place.... also on the north side of town. What was the story on that place? Just a Night Club?

Giz
Pam,

You could always start collecting butterflies. They will "tickle your fancy."
You should make a trip to Fayetteville of Ft Smith...I'll bet you could find something to do there!
Remember Coy's steakhouse from many years ago was
nice place for young man to try to woo sweetheart. Cocktails along with saltines dipped in Coys House Dressing was wonderful start of a fine meal.
If venerable establishment now sleeping with ancestors, have that most illustrious recipe in cold case files.
Coy's Coys's coy"s. I wish they would have rebuilt..
If venerable establishment now sleeping with ancestors, have that most illustrious recipe in cold case files. Originally Posted by Mr.Chan
I have a humble request, most venerable one..

All former patrons of Coy's await eagerly for the publication of said recipe from cold case files.
I have a humble request, most venerable one..

All former patrons of Coy's await eagerly for the publication of said recipe from cold case files.
Originally Posted by Mac92451
For that matter, even those of us who aren't former patrons but who like to cut loose in the kitchen occasionally are interested.

Cheers,

bcg
Will initiate sweep and clear operation ASAP and report back with desired intelligence.