Sandra Bland, what really happened?

This is what I tell my children when they reaching driving age. It's the same thing my grandfather told me. Originally Posted by gnadfly
My grandfather taught me not to be afraid of cops, ...

................but be afraid the cops would tell him .... !!!

The same with teachers, adults in the neighborhood, ....

...............be afraid they would tell him I was being an ass.
  • WTF
  • 07-22-2015, 06:17 PM

...............be afraid they would tell him I was being an ass. Originally Posted by LexusLover
To fucking bad we can't tell him your being an ass!
To fucking bad we can't tell him your being an ass! Originally Posted by WTF
He would probably just criticize your spelling, and tell you to go sit down.
  • WTF
  • 07-22-2015, 06:28 PM
He would probably just criticize your spelling, and tell you to go sit down. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Probably what he told the Teachers and Cops who you were being an ass to, too!

• shanm
  • 07-22-2015, 09:13 PM

...............be afraid they would tell him I was being an ass. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Well....obviously..that didn't work.
It wouldn't surprise me that an independent autopsy finds she died of a head injury ( from being thrown to the ground) and not getting proper medical treatment and the suicide is a cover up.
A person has absolutely no duty to obey an illegal or unconstitutional order from any law enforcement officer. The cop should be fired and prosecuted.
A person has absolutely no duty to obey an illegal or unconstitutional order from any law enforcement officer. The cop should be fired and prosecuted. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
It is neither "illegal" nor "unconstitutional" for the officer to order her to step out of the vehicle during the traffic stop .. in Texas.

If you have a Texas law that says so, please share it.

As for the "unconstitutional" statement, I offer the following:

" Pennsylvania v. Mimms, 434 U. S. 106 (1977) (per curiam). See United States v. $404,905.00 in U. S. Currency, 182 F. 3d 643, 649 (CA8 1999). In Mimms, we reasoned that the government’s “legitimate and weighty” interest in officer safety outweighs the “de minimis” additional intrusion of requiring a driver, already lawfully stopped, to exit the vehicle. 434 U. S., at 110–111. See also Maryland v. Wilson, 519 U. S. 408, 413–415 (1997) (passengers may be required to exit vehicle stopped for traffic violation)." Taken from the majority opinion in Rodriquez vs. U.S. decided April 2015 by U.S. Supreme Court.

The same "Court" that brought you "gay marriage"!!!!
The same "Court" that brought you "gay marriage"!!!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
From the same "Cowardly Idiot" that brought you "run and hide"!!!!
She's dead, Tim. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
And she wouldn't be if she had simply complied with the cop's requests/orders.

I get it. Nobody likes to be ordered around, told what to do, be treated in a way they perceive to be unfair.

But, cops are cops. They're not just going to walk away when you fail to comply with their orders.

Be smart, be polite, be professional (and don't be holding) and 999 times out of 1000, the cop is going to let you go on your way. You may have been inconvenienced but at least you're not in jail, beat up or dead.
And she wouldn't be if she had simply complied with the cop's requests/orders. Originally Posted by timpage
That's the bottom line. One doesn't have "the fight" in the street.

The common denominator with all these media events portraying "death by cops" ... is the deceased resisted arrest or attacked the officer at some point in time BEFORE they were put in jeopardy that resulted in their death.

What may arise in her death is apparently she disclosed in the initial jail interview form she completed that she had attempted suicide at one time, and unless there were some other statements in there that negated the potential problem the jailers were negligent in not providing a "suicide" watch .... and I noticed in the security video there seems to be an available cell in full view of the camera where she should have been placed to better observe her behavior.

Additionally part of "suicide watch" is nothing in the cell that can be used to harm themselves. Plastic bag big enough to hang herself?????? It may not arise to the level a "criminal negligence" by definition, but it is negligence, if those facts reported prove correct.
It is neither "illegal" nor "unconstitutional" for the officer to order her to step out of the vehicle during the traffic stop .. in Texas.

" Pennsylvania v. Mimms, 434 U. S. 106 (1977) (per curiam). See United States v. $404,905.00 in U. S. Currency, 182 F. 3d 643, 649 (CA8 1999). In Mimms, we reasoned that the government’s “legitimate and weighty” interest in officer safety outweighs the “de minimis” additional intrusion of requiring a driver, already lawfully stopped, to exit the vehicle. 434 U. S., at 110–111. See also Maryland v. Wilson, 519 U. S. 408, 413–415 (1997) (passengers may be required to exit vehicle stopped for traffic violation)." Taken from the majority opinion in Rodriquez vs. U.S. decided April 2015 by U.S. Supreme Court.

The same "Court" that brought you "gay marriage"!!!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
First, he told her to put out her cigarette and she refused. This seem to tee the trooper off and then he told her to get out of the car. He took her refusal personally and overreacted. She was right to refuse in her own car. He also told her to put down or turn off her phone. The Supreme Court just decided that a police officer had no authority to issue such an order. He was wrong on two legal counts.
  • WTF
  • 07-23-2015, 08:32 AM

"!!!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Correct.

I do not get where folks think they can not do as an officer asks and not get arrested!

What they are confusing is that the officer may be disciplined or fired if it turns out they have made you do something not in aliened with the law but you can not resist arrest...even if it turns out to be an improper one.

IMHO she had watched to much of this "Black lives matter" crap and not enough of all lives matter, including Cops.
The old saying goes, "You can beat the rap but you can't beat the ride."
I do not get where folks think they can not do as an officer asks and not get arrested!

IMHO she had watched to much of this "Black lives matter" crap and not enough of all lives matter, including Cops. Originally Posted by WTF
IMO .. that's where. TV. That's also where some on here get "their law."