Threads Should Be Allowed to Die

Maybe the mods should also let 1.3 inches of dangling death to die also! What does everyone thinck?
threads should not be allowed to drift, be hijacked or die until taint is posted in them...posting taint will get any thread back on topic
http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=257715 Originally Posted by NYr
Yeah, censorship is a time-consuming chore and unnecessary hassle.
http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=257715 Originally Posted by NYr
Unless I missed it, but closing threads at the OP's request is not addressed. The thread that this thread stemmed was not derailed. There was plenty that could have been posted, even with two participants vacationing.

This topic is fine for discussion and in this forum. Mods are not perfect and folks have right to their thoughts and opinions so long as done in a respectful manner.

The "Bashing" comes with the job. Originally Posted by NYr
No one is bashing. At least from my perspective ... new modtards tend to be overzealous with the thread lock button, its almost natural.

Yes, you will get the bashing because you enforce the rules of this site that some choose to not follow one or two, deciding it does not apply to them and then get all huffy and puffy when a mod issues a warning or gives them points for repeated violations. The only thing that a member should have an issue with is receiving points or a ban for the same thing on the same thread another member received just a warning on, unless, it is a repeat violation of the same rule.
Originally Posted by davidfree986
St C was quoted. But for reason a thread was closed ...

Maybe the mods should also let 1.3 inches of dangling death to die also! What does everyone thinck? Originally Posted by gardo
Why would my 1.3" of dangling death die? My 1.3" of dangling death is legendary thus will never die.

threads should not be allowed to drift, be hijacked or die until taint is posted in them...posting taint will get any thread back on topic Originally Posted by fletch
Now you are talking ...

Yeah, censorship is a time-consuming chore and unnecessary hassle. Originally Posted by omakase
Censorship has a long history of not working. The dead mod squad never batted an eye thincking about locking a thread.
Maybe a lot of us are weary of hearing about taint and your 1.3 inches of dangling death!
Speaking of Mods and threads y'all should stop by and welcome our newest Mod in arkietard. Hopefully he isn't trigger happy and closes threads.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...post1055861635
Maybe a lot of us are weary of hearing about taint and your 1.3 inches of dangling death! Originally Posted by gardo

I suppose you want threads closed on whims ... The only thing that does is kill participation on the icky and restricts communication. Is that a win for you?
Pyramider you're correct threads should die a natural death however in the specific thread your pointing at the thread had indeed derailed even after staff intervention and was becoming a haven for infractions. Constant hijackings and such would've eventually put some members over the edge and landed them on lengthy vacations which isn't our goal here.

Locks aren't always permanent, sometimes they're put in place to sort out the mess but regardless of the reason if its a thread that sounds like potential and you or anyone feels like it should be unlocked feel free to send a PM to one of us and we will definitely check it out.

or this.....this always solves every conflict on Eccie.

..posting taint will get any thread back on topic Originally Posted by fletch
Sometimes threads should be closed; sometimes they shouldn't. YOMV

The dividing line will be defined by management's perspective of maximum utility, what the majority of their customers will prefer. YOMV

They may get it wrong. YOMV

Although we don't have a right for our personal preference to prevail, we have a right to express that personal preference. Who knows, maybe it will change management's perception of the preference of a majority of their customers. YOMV

I've seen many more threads closed that I didn't think needed to be, than threads that weren't closed but that I thought should have been. My personal preference. YOMV

Maybe some moderators are too quick to close threads. YOMV

When I was a moderator, I probably closed some threads I shouldn't have (although some had even quicker trigger fingers, and I was criticized over the issue from both directions). YO . . . no, probably not

Carry on.
Constant hijackings and such would've eventually put some members over the edge and landed them on lengthy vacations which isn't our goal here. Originally Posted by Mojojo
Those two belligerents who were hijacking the thread were responsible for their own actions. Is it the mod staff's job to save those two from themselves? If they want to rack up points and get banned that's their problem.

How does locking the thread solve that problem? So when they take their little catfight to the next thread are the mods going to lock that one too? Where does it end? Are you guys going to go behind them and lock every thread that they childishly hijack as to not "put some members over the edge"? Are we not all grown-ups here?
Adults make decisions and have to live with consequences of those decisions. If one were to look at the thread closely it was going off the track before the vacationers started in with their agendas. The only reason I can see where a thread should be closed is for outing.
Wow. Taint, drift, hijack, ass kissing (that David guy has corn on his nose), personal attacks, a prosaic response, a good Grace one-liner, off topic left field bullshit, mod and poster behavior disparagement, maybe lacking some parrot posts but sheeeit, this be the quintessential icky thread! Funny how more often than not on the interwebs, a thoughtful observation looks and performs just like bait!
  • L.A.
  • 10-01-2014, 11:48 AM
I would like them to remain open simply because I'm bored.
I would close any review that says Fuck YA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 40 or 50 times

Even a bad comedian comes up with new material from time to time
Phildo are you saying we been trolled.