Puppets on a string

... If your so desperate and needy get a dog at least the dog will love you back.... Originally Posted by Sheep Herder
I had a dog and it did not love me back. I bought a house for that dog so it would have a big backyard and nothing. Installed a doggie door into the kitchen door so it would never have to scratch to get in or out and still it did not love me.

The dog would stay outside all night and when I left in the morning — surely when it heard the car start in the driveway or even the front door lock — it would come inside. It would eat and drink and nap on the air-conditioned tile floor. Sometimes nestle on the couch, watch whatever was showing on the History Channel on the big screen TV I'd leave on all day.

So the dog would live the life of Riley all day and when I got home hurry out the doggie door. The year it rained and rained every night, to the point of deaths and flooding, the dog chose to stay outside. The year we got the thirteen inches of snow and the roads closed and we all became homebound, the dog stayed outside the full three days and nights until the roads were again safe and I had left the house.

The night I took my sleeping bag outside and locked the doggie door I woke to a damp scalp and the smell of urine.

I shot that dog eventually and put its body under a pile of leaves. Every now and then I look out the window into the yard to appreciate its emptiness.
I had a dog and it did not love me back. I bought a house for that dog so it would have a big backyard and nothing. Installed a doggie door into the kitchen door so it would never have to scratch to get in or out and still it did not love me.

The dog would stay outside all night and when I left in the morning — surely when it heard the car start in the driveway or even the front door lock — it would come inside. It would eat and drink and nap on the air-conditioned tile floor. Sometimes nestle on the couch, watch whatever was showing on the History Channel on the big screen TV I'd leave on all day.

So the dog would live the life of Riley all day and when I got home hurry out the doggie door. The year it rained and rained every night, to the point of deaths and flooding, the dog chose to stay outside. The year we got the thirteen inches of snow and the roads closed and we all became homebound, the dog stayed outside the full three days and nights until the roads were again safe and I had left the house.

The night I took my sleeping bag outside and locked the doggie door I woke to a damp scalp and the smell of urine.

I shot that dog eventually and put its body under a pile of leaves. Every now and then I look out the window into the yard to appreciate its emptiness. Originally Posted by inspector farquar

Lmao! Loved this. TFF.